2018 NHL Season

zepscoda

10 hours ago, hummingbird69 said:

Columbus on their way out!  

I  hope not. And I believe they will force a game 7.  I hope even more that the Blues win today.  They are better than Dallas.  Should have won that game but Bisthop was hot.

Bs should have had this in the bag. I will say that Bobrovski is one hell of a goalie and he has been the biggest reason for their success in the playoffs. I was highly impressed with his effort last night.

Edited by hummingbird69

On 5/7/2019 at 5:36 PM, zepscoda said:

Bundle of nerves tonight...game 7 baby!!!

Congrats on Boston advancing Hummingbird!

I jinxed them by going to game 6...here's some pics...

20190505_135918.jpg

20190505_123718.jpg

20190505_131238.jpg

Nice pics!  Looked like a great time was had no matter what!!

Bruins will knock off the upstart caines!   Avs v Sharks will be a barn burner.:slapshot:

On 5/9/2019 at 10:52 PM, hummingbird69 said:

Caines goin doooowwwnnnnn!! :slapshot::slapshot::slapshot::slapshot::slapshot: :nhl_checking::nhl_checking:

The score is not an indication of the game.  Much closer.  I expect the Blues to take the Sharks out in 5.  They have too much and also have a goalie that is better. Not that Jones is bad, but he is streaky.  When your biggest threat is  defenseman like Burns, you do not have much up front. They are not nearly as deep as the Blues. I just hope the Blues are ready for the crazy west coat adjustment. If so, this series could be a nightmare for the overconfident Sharks

4 hours ago, LedZeppfan1977 said:

The score is not an indication of the game.  Much closer.  I expect the Blues to take the Sharks out in 5.  They have too much and also have a goalie that is better. Not that Jones is bad, but he is streaky.  When your biggest threat is  defenseman like Burns, you do not have much up front. They are not nearly as deep as the Blues. I just hope the Blues are ready for the crazy west coat adjustment. If so, this series could be a nightmare for the overconfident Sharks

looks can be deceiving. It wasn't really that close, Bruins should be done with the Caines in 5 but If you want overconfident look no further than the Caines. Their offense isn't all that bad they have a couple really good guys but defensively they are lacking. Bruins have 4 solid lines who can put points on the board not too mention some of the best 2 way players in the league. 

I hope the blues sharks series goes seven with at least 4 double overtime games :drumz: LOL!!    

On 5/11/2019 at 10:11 PM, hummingbird69 said:

Dang!,  Blues not looking so good in the first game! :ahhh:

Its only one game and its the first in the series and their first bad game.  And they still almost came back with the 6th attacker  Adjusting to California is not always easy on short notice.  They will show up tomorrow, count on it

17 hours ago, hummingbird69 said:

You called it, the Blues had a great game tonight, sharks almost tied it up a couple times but oh well. I wonder if Joe will have to play another season?

He was totally gassed.  What a turnaround and coaching adjustment by Barube.  It was just great coaching. He shut them down like turning off a light switch.  Their free wheeling fast break bullshit was stopped cold and they went like 15 minutes without a shot on goal.  How about that goal that the Blues took the lead for good on?   A thing of beauty. Bortuzzo came out of no where and played a game like Parayko played in game 7.  Just a beast.  Fucking beast mode.  Scores a beauty on a great set up and then blocks a huge shot later. The put the clamps on the Sharks. Now if they can play like they did vs Dallas?  Yikes.  No Bishop to worry about. Kick Ass Blues!!!!!

14 minutes ago, hummingbird69 said:

Damn!!! the Blues Got screwed!!!! Definite hand pass! How do the refs sleep at night after allowing garbage like that to pass?

Yeah, that was a pretty bad non-call.

They need to change the rules at league-level to allow situations such as this to be reviewable. If the refs didn't see it on the ice (they're human - they can't see everything at all times), there's technically nothing to review. However, as I just said, this kind of situation has to be allowed to be reviewable at league-level, especially during the playoffs.

13 minutes ago, ForEvermore said:

Yeah, that was a pretty bad non-call.

They need to change the rules at league-level to allow situations such as this to be reviewable. If the refs didn't see it on the ice (they're human - they can't see everything at all times), there's technically nothing to review. However, as I just said, this kind of situation has to be allowed to be reviewable at league-level, especially during the playoffs.

The 3rd game the sharks won with ref help... the Blues got screwed tonight. 

Bruins Headed for the Cup!!!!!!   :yay:   :slapshot::slapshot::slapshot: :nhl: Caines just didn't have it,  not deep enough to be where they were in other words, they were over their heads.  They knew from the start of the game that it was over, you could see it in their eyes. 

Here's to the Blues Sharks going at least 6 and more overtimes!!!!

13 hours ago, hummingbird69 said:

Bruins Headed for the Cup!!!!!!   :yay:   :slapshot::slapshot::slapshot: :nhl: Caines just didn't have it,  not deep enough to be where they were in other words, they were over their heads.  They knew from the start of the game that it was over, you could see it in their eyes. 

Here's to the Blues Sharks going at least 6 and more overtimes!!!!

The Blues got totally fucked in game 3.  Bad enough letting them tie it with seconds left on 6 attackers but then the winning goal was illegal and Colin Campbell admitted it the next day. Said the 4 refs blew it. Should have blown the whistle as the winning goal was scored on a hand pass.  Total bullshit. Blues need to tie it up tonight  They are the better team.  SJ has been lucky as hell. Vegas got the shaft in game 7 with a 5 minute major that never should have been called. The NHL apologized to them after the game. Big fucking deal.  It cost them the series

9 minutes ago, LedZeppfan1977 said:

The Blues got totally fucked in game 3.  Bad enough letting them tie it with seconds left on 6 attackers but then the winning goal was illegal and Colin Campbell admitted it the next day. Said the 4 refs blew it. Should have blown the whistle as the winning goal was scored on a hand pass. 

Yup - the got royally fucked on that call!  Hope they can tie it up tonight.