Led zep film- TSRTS

boylollipop

16 hours ago, boylollipop said:

Why hasn't there been a full release of the three nights at MSG?

Audio: Casual fans aren't interested in paying for a six to nine cd set of three shows that bear many similarities, and the die hards have most of the material on bootlegs already.

Video: Far too time consuming to try to disguise the gaps in the footage...casual fans aren't interested in a multi-disc dvd set of three shows that bear many similarities, etc.

4 hours ago, boylollipop said:

Welk, Purple released all their shows from Japan.

That sold.

Led Zep's stint at MSG would sell as well.

If you're referring to the audio only then yes, I agree . They would sell, maybe not like hotcakes , but there are a lot of serious fans that would too. Maybe they'd lose some dosh but do Zep really need to make a killing at this point, anyway ? LOL. 

I just posted in another thread about this. TSRTS has been begging for a proper release in audio forum, with poor edits corrected, the best versions of songs like Celebration Day, No Quarter, and the inclusion of some alternate takes, encores, Thank You etc. Maybe a 9 CD set of all 3 nights would not be practical, but I'd buy it in a heartbeat. 

22 hours ago, porgie66 said:

If you're referring to the audio only then yes, I agree . They would sell, maybe not like hotcakes , but there are a lot of serious fans that would too. Maybe they'd lose some dosh but do Zep really need to make a killing at this point, anyway ? LOL. 

I just posted in another thread about this. TSRTS has been begging for a proper release in audio forum, with poor edits corrected, the best versions of songs like Celebration Day, No Quarter, and the inclusion of some alternate takes, encores, Thank You etc. Maybe a 9 CD set of all 3 nights would not be practical, but I'd buy it in a heartbeat. 

Actually, can anyone here explain why it is that the audio release in 2007 and again now is just a direct rip of the film? Was there some legal reason regarding the rights , which makes it imperative that they have to be the same?? Or is it just laziness/cost inefficient to do a separate audio version . The original soundtrack 2 LP didn't match the film. What's the deal?? 

• 4 weeks later...
On 9/8/2018 at 10:23 AM, boylollipop said:

Why hasn't there been a full release of the three nights at MSG?

Could never see a full release, but a DVD documentary with commentary by Jimmy Page and interviews of other key people from the time  might be wildly popular I would think.

But I don't see that happening. Warner Bros might like that,  but I assume other legal obstacles might exist.

Archived