Had my eyes closed listening to The Rain Song...

Canadianzepper

4 hours ago, Christopher Lees said:

One of my favorite versions is from 2-14-75, and my favorite boot of that show is from TDOLZ. On that recording, the sound of the guitar and the atmosphere of the show, which the audience recording allows you to hear so nicely, make the Rain Song especially wistful, in my opinion.

All of their albums are unique from one another, but HoTH might be the most unique for them musically.  It's the one album where if you just heard the instrumentals, and didn't know; you couldn't say for sure it was Jimmy Page.  I don't know how to explain it, maybe he used different gear for that album but it's entirely progressive, upscale constructions, with insanely tight timing even by their standards. 

No blues rock at all on that album, it almost sounds anti-rock, if that were possible.  PG is my favourite album, but HoTH really to me showed how broad their talents, creativity and influences were.  Of all the stand alone albums they made, it might be it's own genre.

On 1/18/2019 at 4:45 AM, Christopher Lees said:

One of my favorite versions is from 2-14-75, and my favorite boot of that show is from TDOLZ. On that recording, the sound of the guitar and the atmosphere of the show, which the audience recording allows you to hear so nicely, make the Rain Song especially wistful, in my opinion.

Where about son the net can I hear this particular song?  Would it be on YT?

ADK-Zeppy

I often used to close my eyes listening to music, only opening them to flip album sides. These days if my eyes are closed when the music is on it's accompanied by a snore, so my wife tells me.

On 1/19/2019 at 12:48 PM, Christopher Lees said:

I looked for you but couldn’t find it.

http://starship.jpn.ph/zeppelin/beauty/disp/boot.jsp?R_idx=1015

try here for the oundbord, and here

http://starship.jpn.ph/zeppelin/beauty/disp/boot.jsp?R_idx=713

for the audience. 

Edited by No Quota

• 1 year later...
On 1/18/2019 at 9:13 AM, Canadianzepper said:

All of their albums are unique from one another, but HoTH might be the most unique for them musically.  It's the one album where if you just heard the instrumentals, and didn't know; you couldn't say for sure it was Jimmy Page.  I don't know how to explain it, maybe he used different gear for that album but it's entirely progressive, upscale constructions, with insanely tight timing even by their standards. 

No blues rock at all on that album, it almost sounds anti-rock, if that were possible.  PG is my favourite album, but HoTH really to me showed how broad their talents, creativity and influences were.  Of all the stand alone albums they made, it might be it's own genre.

I agree word for word , re' HOTH

& PG! 

Re' HOTH , just amazing how they pulled this of after such a HUGE album Zep 4! Such confidence ,and on Top of the world...

This was one of Plants most memorable x's he said once.

Some1 else said somthing like at this point 

"They cameout walked the earth surveyed their land that they ruled and were pleased" (Close enuf) So fitting!

Or at least that was the feeling they all shared while generating ideas for HOTH!

Obviously this feeling was still around for PG also!