Radio spots?

Miinsane1971

I find it interesting that they used D'yer Ma'ker and Living Loving Maid in the ad.  Neither one was ever played live of course, but both were big on the radio in their time. 

The live Dazed at the end sounds like a bit of TSRTS but that was not released for 18 months after this ad.  Was this part of the ad or something put on at the end to go with the footage in later years? 

On another tangent, does anyone remember the drag racing ads in the early 70s that opened with "Sunday! Sunday! Sunday!"?  They were on AM radio all summer back then.  I clearly recall the Heartbreaker riff in the intro to many of those ads for drag strips in NJ, maybe even Raceway Park in Englishtown NJ, just recently closed by the way due to real estate development/restrictions.  Anyway, I know I heard the Heartbreaker intro in those ads, but I can't find it on YouTube even though there are many of the 60s and 70s old drag racing ads on YouTube.  What I cannot recall clearly enough is if the audio was really Heartbreaker or some studio band playing it.  This was AM radio so the sound was not great, and this was almost 50 years ago.   Did anyone else ever hear those ads?

4 hours ago, John M said:

I find it interesting that they used D'yer Ma'ker and Living Loving Maid in the ad.  Neither one was ever played live of course, but both were big on the radio in their time. 

The live Dazed at the end sounds like a bit of TSRTS but that was not released for 18 months after this ad.  Was this part of the ad or something put on at the end to go with the footage in later years? 

On another tangent, does anyone remember the drag racing ads in the early 70s that opened with "Sunday! Sunday! Sunday!"?  They were on AM radio all summer back then.  I clearly recall the Heartbreaker riff in the intro to many of those ads for drag strips in NJ, maybe even Raceway Park in Englishtown NJ, just recently closed by the way due to real estate development/restrictions.  Anyway, I know I heard the Heartbreaker intro in those ads, but I can't find it on YouTube even though there are many of the 60s and 70s old drag racing ads on YouTube.  What I cannot recall clearly enough is if the audio was really Heartbreaker or some studio band playing it.  This was AM radio so the sound was not great, and this was almost 50 years ago.   Did anyone else ever hear those ads?

Sounds like the Dazed at the end was added later y whoever upped the Radio spots.  Sounds like the soundboard from the show

41 minutes ago, Sticks of Fire said:

Boston 1969 has a radio interview in Boston the same day or week as the shows where they talk about tickets and such I believe:

Thanks for posting that interview. Cool that the radio station already had a bootleg of the 1/25/69 show only a few months later.

Edited by SteveZ98

10 hours ago, Sticks of Fire said:

Boston 1969 has a radio interview in Boston the same day or week as the shows where they talk about tickets and such I believe:

wow, never heard that interview before, cool! Talking about the plaster casters...JJ Jackson is so high, haha

Could this radio interview be the reason the tape is misdated? Just a thought

Edit: If I had to guess, I'd be led to believe this interview was conducted on 5/29. JJ refers to Jimmy as "blowing everyones socks off" (or something like that) on Tuesday Night. Tuesday would've been the 27th, Wednesday the 28th, and Thursday the 29th. Had this interview taken place on Wednesday, surely he would've said yesterday rather than Tuesday. 

By this logic, this radio interview occurred just hours before the group put on an epic 4 hour marathon for the first time in their career. Crazy.

Edited by June72

• 3 months later...

JJ Jackson doing a promo for the Eagle Rock Festival, which was later cancelled:

German ad for the BBC Sessions:

TV ads from 1976 for The Song Remains The Same:

Remasters TV ads:

Edited by SteveZ98