2020-21 NBA thread...

paul carruthers

Just got a reminder from SportsCenter that the NBA regular season is just 2 weeks away (oh my), so why not start the new NBA thread. Don't know how much intrigue there will be when it's the Lakers vs. the field?

Maybe the intrigue comes from the GOAT argument between Lebron and MJ? Btw, where are the mentions for Bill Russell whenever the GOAT topic comes up? Apparently I have many questions, but I do like that the season will be shortened to 72 games. Maybe that could become a permanent fixture for the regular seasons in the future....

2 hours ago, paul carruthers said:

Just got a reminder from SportsCenter that the NBA regular season is just 2 weeks away (oh my), so why not start the new NBA thread. Don't know how much intrigue there will be when it's the Lakers vs. the field?

Maybe the intrigue comes from the GOAT argument between Lebron and MJ? Btw, where are the mentions for Bill Russell whenever the GOAT topic comes up? Apparently I have many questions, but I do like that the season will be shortened to 72 games. Maybe that could become a permanent fixture for the regular seasons in the future....

They should have just waited until after the Super Bowl to start the season…or at least wait until the New Year. 

5 hours ago, Strider said:

They should have just waited until after the Super Bowl to start the season…or at least wait until the New Year. 

Gotta play those games on Christmas.  Or something... 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

For whatever reasons, I think I'm worried about the Lakers & how they've fallen to the 7th spot in the West. And a little bit confused, because I still have no idea about this 7 through 10 play-in format & if that will work.

Maybe I agree with Lebron that whoever thought of that shit needs a new job...  :rolleyes:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Sports have been so far off my radar lately that I just now found out the Lakers lost Thursday night and got knocked out of the playoffs. I could barely muster a shrug of the shoulders.

Anybody but the Clippers...that's my mantra for the rest of the playoffs.

On 6/5/2021 at 12:30 AM, Strider said:

Sports have been so far off my radar lately that I just now found out the Lakers lost Thursday night and got knocked out of the playoffs. I could barely muster a shrug of the shoulders.

Anybody but the Clippers...that's my mantra for the rest of the playoffs.

CLIPPERS BABY!!!!!!!!

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Bong-Man said:

Welcome to Motown Cade Cunningham !   

My brother is a Pistons fan and he and his Pistons buddies were very excited last night.

The Western Conference Finals are a lose-lose for me. I hate the Clippers and I hate that sniveling Chris Paul. I wish both teams could lose.

I am left cheering for Milwaukee basically…or Atlanta. Whichever team makes it from the West, I hope they lose to the Bucks or the Hawks.