Chuck Berry

MOJO

I always thought highly of Chucks influence on rock and found him to be a good guitarist. A few days ago I was listening to a live recording of Roll over Beethoven and he went into a solo which sounded like something Page would have done. I have new respect for ole Chuck.

:thumbsup:

I always thought highly of Chucks influence on rock and found him to be a good guitarist. A few days ago I was listening to a live recording of Roll over Beethoven and he went into a solo which sounded like something Page would have done. I have new respect for ole Chuck.

:thumbsup:

Chuck Berry is a legend! We've seen him live and he is amazing. I think that Jimmy modeled some of his on stage walks on Chuck's duckwalk. And, Keith used many of Chuck's licks. I'm sure that all of the British rockers we know and love grew up listening to Chuck Berry music. I will admit to having a life-long weakness for English rockers playing Chuck Berry tunes.

Dude invented rock.

I like how his stuff is crystal clear, tone and lyrical enunciation. He's a superfreak from what I've read though.

Are you referring to the Apache girl?

Got to love Chuck Berry. I've only got two albums by him, Chuck Berry's On Top and Rockin' At The Hops, both are fantastic! My dad has a lot of Berry records though, I grew up listening to him.

Not only is his riffin' good, he's a great lyricist too.

^ I have several "kings of rock'n'roll".. Why just go with one. :)

Chuck Berry

Elvis

Eddie Cochran

Johnny Burnette

Carl Perkins

Little Richard

Bunker Hill

Larry Williams

They were all fuckin amazing!!

Archived