1977.05.22 Remastered Soundboard

SteveZ98

Anybody else notice Jimmy seeming to lose the plot around the 10:00 minute mark of In My Time of Dying? I brought that up in another thread and a guitar player said it was because Bonzo got out of synch and Jimmy was slow playing his way through his part until they could meet up again.

3 hours ago, pageluvva said:

Another 100% success Steve my friend. Sound is huge and full and gives a great feeling of what it must have been like to be there. 

I am a huge fan of what you do. Cheers and thanks again for all your shows. 

Thanks. I'm glad you're enjoying it. 

"Massive" is a damn good description, especially Kashmir. It feels like I am hearing the '77 versions like they should be heard for the very first time.  It sounds more "modern" for lack of a better term, the mix and soundstage are more reminiscent of later live versions, including 02, with thunderous drums and bass.  The guitar /melletron placement is so much better too.  

The way reverb /echo was added to the different separated parts on all the songs and juxtaposed to the sound of the audience is a neat trick, it makes it all sound like a Superior AUD recording or a Matrix.  Also cool how some of the guitar tones and effects are detailed and "split" (most evident in In My Time of Dying).  SO MUCH FUN.  Thank you Steve. 

Edited by Thalassophile

1 hour ago, Thalassophile said:

"Massive" is a damn good description, especially Kashmir. It feels like I am hearing the '77 versions like they should be heard for the very first time.  It sounds more "modern" for lack of a better term, the mix and soundstage are more reminiscent of later live versions, including 02, with thunderous drums and bass.  The guitar /melletron placement is so much better too.  

The way reverb /echo was added to the different separated parts on all the songs and juxtaposed to the sound of the audience is a neat trick, it makes it all sound like a Superior AUD recording or a Matrix.  Also cool how some of the guitar tones and effects are detailed and "split" (most evident in In My Time of Dying).  SO MUCH FUN.  Thank you Steve. 

I'm glad you're enjoying it. One of my goals with these remasters is to modernize their sound, by which I mean I want them to sound like they were recorded five days ago, not 50 years ago. It doesn't always work (e.g. the remaster of the 8/31/69 show I'm working on still sounds like it was recorded in the late 60's, regardless of what I do to it), but when it works, it adds an immediacy to the show that I really enjoy.