Other bands covering Zep's songs. Live and in the studio.

How do you all feel about this?  It makes me very uncomfortable.  I know it happens and that over bands have the right to do it, but it just gives me an uneasy feeling.  I am a hardcore Zep fan by any standards and sometimes in comes out in some odd ways.

2 hours ago, Zep Hed said:

The members of Heart loved Zeppelin and covered their songs live many times. Annie Wilson ripped into Rock and Roll; sincerest form of flattery.

Yes. Heart loved and paid the greatest respect to Zep by covering their material.

It's all down to the artist, and what they are trying to achieve. Like Zep did with the blues they paid hommage to, artists would need to make a cover their own. I read somewhere the Beastie Boys used the drums from WTLB without permission or credit, and when Jimmy Page heard it he had no problem at all as it was used by The Beastie Boys in their own flavour, and Jimmy appreciated the musicality. I don't know how accurate that is but it is admirable to hold that kind of position in my view.

4 hours ago, Zep Hed said:

The members of Heart loved Zeppelin and covered their songs live many times. Annie Wilson ripped into Rock and Roll; sincerest form of flattery.

Zep Hed you're right and I know I should have a different attitude.  

I'm funny in that I said for years Zep was my favorite kind of music and my favorite band.  Then hard-rock/metal was my second favorite kind of music and The Doors and GN'R tied for second place.

Honestly, I don't have an excuse for myself.  With me Zep wasn't at the top of the list because they had their own category and their own list.  It was like I considered them above the list with others.  Well,...still do.

I don't have an excuse for myself.  I really don't.  I'm a hardcore fan.

I like some of it and hate some of it. I did see the Jason Bonham LZ Experience and loved it. 

For me the creepy factor comes in to play when the guys dress up like them. Why? Just why? The "Plants" usually look like there were just in a house fire. 

• 2 months later...

When Heart cover Zeppelin, and Heart are one of my fav bands, they pay respectful homage to their heroes. Anne and Nancy Wilson have always admitted to being huge Zeppelin fans. 

But, when Kingdom Come's first album came out, I thought, what the ****. Blatant plagiarism. 

Strange................