What keeps Zep on Top

What do you think it it about Zep that keeps them on top in terms of popularity?  Did they really luck out.  All good looking guys.  Great musicianship. Even though they could be sloppy life.  I listen to Zep and then Queen.  Queen seems way more refined, but they can't get into that Sex groove that Zep have.  

Whats your thoughts.  

I can't imagine Zep, and the bands of the late '60's and '70's era will ever cease being popular. The sheer quantity of great music that was put out is unmatched. The song writing, musicianship, and the general calibre of the top tier bands, where every member was not just filling in, but contributed evenly to the band's success, has not been repeated. And there was something for everyone then from Country to soft rock, to folk to blues, etc...., and all the genres' produced brilliance. There seemed to be an almost never ending supply of top shelf song writers and musicians creating brilliance.

And Led Zeppelin were chief amongst the lot. They will remain popular for the simple fact of the quality and appeal of their work. Their catalogue and how they connect with their songs/albums is ridiculous. I can't think of another band that has non-stop great songs. Even casual fans would not skip many of their songs. I can only imagine how they inspire and challenge young musicians now. Their stuff must be equally challenging and rewarding to play.

They will retain their place in rock history at the top and rightly so. You just cannot go past really great music. And Led Zeppelin delivered that on all albums.

Then there is the Mystique Jimmy crafted and the attitude of being rock gods in that era. They truly lived the dream.

5 hours ago, McSeven said:

What do you think it it about Zep that keeps them on top in terms of popularity?  Did they really luck out.  All good looking guys.  Great musicianship. Even though they could be sloppy life.  I listen to Zep and then Queen.  Queen seems way more refined, but they can't get into that Sex groove that Zep have.  

Whats your thoughts.  

The songs

The riffs
The power 

The finesse 

The dynamics 

The variety of styles 

The musicianship 

The interplay among members 

The studio production

The live performances 
The chemistry 
The cool album covers 

R😎

A big reason people today still listen to and regard Zeppelin as at the top of all-time list of great Rock bands is their individual musicianship and the skills to put together great guitar riffs connected to a great Rock music voice; that could both stir and soothe all in one composition. Combine both with the swagger and attitude as a 4-piece band shrewdly and deftly managed by a larger than life Peter Grant. They were as different as the Beatles, but with a more powerful presence. 

ADK-Zeppy

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/24/2021 at 11:04 PM, McSeven said:

Whats your thoughts.  

It sounds daft maybe, but compared to Zeppelin, Queen are a new band. Zeppelin unleashed their fifth album HOTH around about the time Queen released their first. By the time Queen came around my musical tastes were firmly established and there was no room for Queen never has been and never will be. They're a pop group compared to Zeppelin. I've been listening to Zeppelin for months maybe a year short of fifty years and still listen to them regularly. I'll always have room for them, even ITTOD gets  a listen now and xen.

Edited by JTM
full stop

• 3 weeks later...