Venues on the 2008 Tour of the U.S.

Darth Zoso

I know that more money ca be made in a stadium. However, an arena is an excellent setting for their music. I hope they plan an arena tour and maybe play a few stadiums in the U.S. (if any)...

B)

Seeing as it would very possibly be the biggest tour ever, they'd need huge venues. Chicago has Soldier Field, I hope they go there :D

Oh, it's still there but it was repainted and turned into a church years ago. No, really.

It's a shame.

He's right.

The Forum, known for a time as the Great Western Forum, is an indoor arena in Inglewood, California owned by the Faithful Central Bible Church, which uses it for its Sunday morning service.

Faithful Central Bible Church, home to a predominantly African-American congregation numbering over 12,000, purchased the Great Western Forum at the end of 2000 and holds its regular service there each Sunday morning. The church makes the building available for rent (for concerts/sporting events/etc. that require that type of large venue) on other days. As such, ownership is held through the church's for-profit entity, Forum Enterprises, Inc., which continues to welcome to the arena mainstream and secular fare, including concerts by such artists as Madonna, the Rolling Stones, David Bowie, Iron Maiden and the Red Hot Chili Peppers.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Forum_%28...C_California%29

If they come to San Diego, it doesn't really matter where they play; the Sports Arena has absolute crap sound, so they might as well play at Qualcomm Stadium. You could get a closer seat at the Sports Arena, but then you'd be less likely to get a ticket at all since it's smaller. They'll probably just go to Los Angeles and forget about us anyway. Do you think they'd play Staples Center in L.A.?

The Forum's a church now? Weird...just like my favorite one-screen movie theater where I saw Star Wars when I was younger - it's a church now, too!

United Center or Soldier Field for the Chicagoland area people such as myself, but probably Soldier Field because it has a much bigger capacity. Hopefully they pick a summer tour so it's warm. I first hope they decide to do the tour.

I agree in that Arenas would be a better choice of venue for sound, the view is also much better. I would hate to finally get to see Led Zeppelin, and have to watch a video screen because the figures in stage are too far away in a stadium setting.

Alas, we probably won't have a choice of either, here in the US or anywhere else.

If they come to San Diego, it doesn't really matter where they play; the Sports Arena has absolute crap sound, so they might as well play at Qualcomm Stadium. You could get a closer seat at the Sports Arena, but then you'd be less likely to get a ticket at all since it's smaller. They'll probably just go to Los Angeles and forget about us anyway. Do you think they'd play Staples Center in L.A.?

The Forum's a church now? Weird...just like my favorite one-screen movie theater where I saw Star Wars when I was younger - it's a church now, too!

I agree, and if I were in the area I would love to see the band at Qualcomm. It's a great place to see... anything.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived