2023-2024 NFL Season Thread

Walter

58 minutes ago, Strider said:

The Colts and Titans can both suck it. Both those teams always screw me no matter what so it only makes sense when they play each other they find a way to fuck it up.

If Rams win I’ll be 10-1 heading into night games.   How have I given up?  And the Bills are not done.  Maybe that sack of shit Von Miller is?

The Bills are still in it because there aren't any AFC teams that can be counted on to produce any kind of expected result. It's a crapshoot. Likely the AFC will be decided by circumstances rather than dominant play. Whoever can survive Injuries, penalties, bad calls, weather, distracting girlfriends & themselves.

But if you're looking for a bandwagon to jump on, take a ride with these rock stars. 

No Excuses

Just Results

image.png.214305f4afc46d3ec180f0f8d2dce64f.png

image.png.a98a8d0ddfdc73e64ace3e5fd88849cf.png

Weather may be a huge factor in several games this weekend.  The Chicago forecast is for 35 mph winds and possible snow/freezing rain.  Jared Goff is already shivering.

Sure is dangerous to be standing on an NFL sideline lately.  That poor linesman in New Orleans looked like he suffered a compound fracture. 

The Bears suck.  Their running back Herbert runs into his own blockers half the time, and he seems awful slow hitting the holes.  Besides his issues with protecting the football, Justin Fields seems to try doing too much to make up for the lack of talent around him.  I don't see how drafting another QB changes that.  They need some beefalos up front on both sides of the ball.    

1 hour ago, Bong-Man said:

Weather may be a huge factor in several games this weekend.  The Chicago forecast is for 35 mph winds and possible snow/freezing rain.  Jared Goff is already shivering.

Sure is dangerous to be standing on an NFL sideline lately.  That poor linesman in New Orleans looked like he suffered a compound fracture. 

The Bears suck.  Their running back Herbert runs into his own blockers half the time, and he seems awful slow hitting the holes.  Besides his issues with protecting the football, Justin Fields seems to try doing too much to make up for the lack of talent around him.  I don't see how drafting another QB changes that.  They need some beefalos up front on both sides of the ball.    

The Lions 🦁 should murder them but Lions defense or lack of, scares me. Like my Bills who are short several starters on D.  The Bears are getting more respect in Vegas than they deserve.  Maybe because Lions might prefer artificial grass and indoor climate?   Hope Lions win division and more!  If things go South in Buffalo I’ll be cheering for Lions 🦁 !

10 hours ago, Strider said:

How in the hell do you lose to Bailey Zappe...at home?!? 

Easy...start Mitch Trubisky at QB.  New England's cornerbacks were salivating every time he dropped back to throw one of his errant puffballs.  The biggest mystery is how Pittsburgh was 7-5 going into that game.  Smoke & mirrors.

Now it's possible that 3 teams from the NFC North could make the playoffs.  Who would have thought that in week 5?  

its easy to lose Strider all you need is have Trubisky throw the ball, chicago fans must of been laughing their ass off, oh and every 3rd and 2 don't run for it or hell don't hit a tight end or quick slant for an easy first down, NOOOOO instead throw it 5o yards downfield to nobody and everytime  that fails  don't learn from it but rather dial  it up again

6 hours ago, Bong-Man said:

Easy...start Mitch Trubisky at QB.  New England's cornerbacks were salivating every time he dropped back to throw one of his errant puffballs.  The biggest mystery is how Pittsburgh was 7-5 going into that game.  Smoke & mirrors.

Now it's possible that 3 teams from the NFC North could make the playoffs.  Who would have thought that in week 5?  

5 hours ago, custard pie man said:

its easy to lose Strider all you need is have Trubisky throw the ball, chicago fans must of been laughing their ass off, oh and every 3rd and 2 don't run for it or hell don't hit a tight end or quick slant for an easy first down, NOOOOO instead throw it 5o yards downfield to nobody and everytime  that fails  don't learn from it but rather dial  it up again

I didn't watch the game and even worse, I had no idea Pittsburgh had picked up TruPickSixky off the scrap heap and was starting him. Yikes.

20 hours ago, Strider said:

I didn't watch the game and even worse, I had no idea Pittsburgh had picked up TruPickSixky off the scrap heap and was starting him. Yikes.

I don't have Amazon Prime, but the NFL Network shows a replay twice after the game starting at Midnight.  I record it and watch it the next morning.  I do the same on Monday & Tuesday morning if the game runs late. This works out quite well, except a good game will have me all coffee geeked by about 9am.  It's kind of like West coast action on the East coast, only earlier.

I wouldn't be surprised if the Bears beat the Lions Sunday.  Splitting with our division home and away used to contribute mightily to our annual 5 or 6 wins.   

1 hour ago, Bong-Man said:

I don't have Amazon Prime, but the NFL Network shows a replay twice after the game starting at Midnight.  I record it and watch it the next morning.  I do the same on Monday & Tuesday morning if the game runs late. This works out quite well, except a good game will have me all coffee geeked by about 9am.  It's kind of like West coast action on the East coast, only earlier.

I wouldn't be surprised if the Bears beat the Lions Sunday.  Splitting with our division home and away used to contribute mightily to our annual 5 or 6 wins.   

If the Lions lose to the Bears, they'll lose any chance for the #1 or #2 seed and could possibly be in danger of losing the division to either Minnehaha or the Fudge-Packers.

Well at this point, we're tied for the biggest divisional lead and Minnesota and Green Bay still have a game to play against each other.  If Minnesota puts themselves in position and beats us twice, we don't deserve to win the division.  I don't care about seeding or what happens in the playoffs.  Win your division for the first time in 30 years and show some resemblance to a normal NFL franchise. 

kelly.jpg