2023-2024 NFL Season Thread

Walter

hey cowboys get the led out of your ass and play with some urgency! glad Olsen the announcer said they were wasting precious time with about 5 minutes to go, anyways they played well enough to lose, missed touchdown and 2 pt. conversions and they still had a chance at the end, i'll take the loss because in a big game Prescott played well instead of choking, he ran hard and took couple good shots, growing pains

2 minutes ago, custard pie man said:

hey cowboys get the led out of your ass and play with some urgency! glad Olsen the announcer said they were wasting precious time with about 5 minutes to go, anyways they played well enough to lose, missed touchdown and 2 pt. conversions and they still had a chance at the end, i'll take the loss because in a big game Prescott played well instead of choking, he ran hard and took couple good shots, growing pains

Helluva game. 

17 hours ago, jabe said:

Helluva game. 

17 hours ago, custard pie man said:

I thought Dallas had them with the ball on 5 yard line.  What worked all day was quick hitter to tight end over middle.  

Brian Doboll should have been fired I in the locker room losing like that to Raiders w an interim coach.  

Tough loss for Bills.  Zebras out to screw us as usual.  Two calls on Josh pathetic!  Many injuries yet Bills hung tough. This is far from settled.

Miami beats Denver. Denver beats Kansas City. Kansas City beats Miami.

What this weekend showed was that, at the moment, Kansas City and Baltimore are tops in the AFC and likely the teams with the home field advantage. Jacksonville, Miami, Buffalo, Cincinnati are all down in the next tier and most likely will have to travel on the road throughout the playoffs. Miami and Buffalo are different teams on the road without their inclement home weather advantages (heat and humidity for Miami and freezing cold for Buffalo).

Philadelphia is alone at the top of the NFC. Until San Francisco can get their injury shit together, who can trust them? Remember, Kyle Shanahan still has not won shit in the NFL. He still wears that 28-3 albatross around his neck from Super Bowl 51.

As for Dallas, they still come up small in the big moments. Dak cannot step out of bounds on that 2-point conversion. That is just unpardonable. Also, the time wasting keeps happening when a good team would have learned from past mistakes and fixed the problem by now. I see the same problem with Miami. They just cannot get their personnel packages and play calls in on time. That will cost them in the playoffs.

13 hours ago, Strider said:

Miami beats Denver. Denver beats Kansas City. Kansas City beats Miami.

What this weekend showed was that, at the moment, Kansas City and Baltimore are tops in the AFC and likely the teams with the home field advantage. Jacksonville, Miami, Buffalo, Cincinnati are all down in the next tier and most likely will have to travel on the road throughout the playoffs. Miami and Buffalo are different teams on the road without their inclement home weather advantages (heat and humidity for Miami and freezing cold for Buffalo).

Philadelphia is alone at the top of the NFC. Until San Francisco can get their injury shit together, who can trust them? Remember, Kyle Shanahan still has not won shit in the NFL. He still wears that 28-3 albatross around his neck from Super Bowl 51.

As for Dallas, they still come up small in the big moments. Dak cannot step out of bounds on that 2-point conversion. That is just unpardonable. Also, the time wasting keeps happening when a good team would have learned from past mistakes and fixed the problem by now. I see the same problem with Miami. They just cannot get their personnel packages and play calls in on time. That will cost them in the playoffs.

all true but whatever the records come playoff time nobody especially the chiefs want to play the bengals, they can go into any home field and walk away with victory so long as they are healthy, Dak well is Dak, nuff said

KC doesn't isn't winning convincingly. They had to squeak a win out over the Jets, couldn't squeak a win out over Denver and needed a defensive TD before a scoreless 2nd half to win Sunday. With that and the Mahomes>Kelce connection not being dependable, it's hard to rank them higher than the average AFC team. Playing like that they shoulda got leveled by Miami. They could refocus but it hasn't happened yet. It does seem like they have a guardian angel, maybe Hank Stram with a helping hand. Maybe just the refs, lol.

5 hours ago, Badgeholder Still said:

KC doesn't isn't winning convincingly. They had to squeak a win out over the Jets, couldn't squeak a win out over Denver and needed a defensive TD before a scoreless 2nd half to win Sunday. With that and the Mahomes>Kelce connection not being dependable, it's hard to rank them higher than the average AFC team. Playing like that they shoulda got leveled by Miami. They could refocus but it hasn't happened yet. It does seem like they have a guardian angel, maybe Hank Stram with a helping hand. Maybe just the refs, lol.

no doubt they get the calls, that's how they beat the jets

4 hours ago, paul carruthers said:

The Colts, Patriots and Falcons. That's at least three teams I can think of where if I pick them to win, they lose (and vice versa)...

Add Chicago/Carolina/Tennessee/Tampa Bay and you have my predicament.

14 hours ago, Strider said:

Riff refuses to watch the Cowboys-Giants game.

20231112_145041.thumb.jpg.cdfb797e9bcc552247036c5d34ffcc5b.jpg

So you also have a Tuxedo?  I never knew Sean.  But you have others too don't you?  So the "Heidi bowl" I won.  Raiders win 2 in a row after dumping that useless moron from NE.  Belecheck is so over rated.  Now its very apparent that Brady was the only reason he won all those years.  And barely won.  

Bills need to expose Denver's defense tonight again.  Must take care of Denver and Jets.  Then the real fun begins.  

17 hours ago, paul carruthers said:

And here I thought the Niners/Jags was the game to watch in the early window. You can put Jacksonville in the same boat as my Dolphins--they can feast on the dregs of the league, but when you put them in a "ready for primetime" situation against the elite teams, they fold....

like my cowboys, they can beat anyone until it really counts

On 11/12/2023 at 4:39 PM, redrum said:

Looks like my Charlotte, who is no longer with us. 

CHARLOTTE.JPG

She's a beauty. RIP Charlotte. Still have others or will you get new kitty?

12 hours ago, LedZeppfan1977 said:

So you also have a Tuxedo?  I never knew Sean.  But you have others too don't you? 

One cat, two dogs. Used to have three cats...Riff, Sam, and Meli. Meli died a couple years ago and Sam left and never came back because he didn't like the dogs.

Hahaha. Bills getting booed off their own field at halftime.