2023-2024 NFL Season Thread

Walter

New York Jet Quarterback and future Hall of Famer Aaron Rodgers suffering a potentially career ending injury on the fourth play of the season is probably the worst thing to ever happen to New York on 9/11. I mean, name one worse thing. I'll wait. One thing is for certain, it's the most "Only the Jets..." play in the history of the Jets.

8 hours ago, Metta said:

Ah... tough luck tonight pRicky  😔

But let's face it... you're use to coming up short.

We all know how 💩s gonna go down.. been decades for you now.

Always a pleasure...

🤣🤣🤣🤣💩💩🤡

I don’t know who you are or who your team is.  The Bills will win the East. But for now,  I’m watching my Orioles

36 minutes ago, Strider said:

Did the Jets get the discount double-check with Rodgers?

What a litany of QB disasters the Jets have had since Broadway Joe. The only way it could have been more "Jets" was if Rodgers had injured himself butt-fumbling.

Achilles Last Stand

2 hours ago, LedZeppfan1977 said:

ESPN has come forward saying the Jets winning TD on a punt return in OT should have come back.  A whip leg block, trip was not called and it was blatant.  It figures.  The sport is subjective on so many levels.

and the saints got screwed on the "no" call against Rams and the Raiders got screwed in the snow against Brady, etc.... you got to let that shit go, Allen was horrible and  you got out hustled and out played, time to move on, just game 1, kick some raiders ass sunday cuz i just picked them lol

On 9/14/2023 at 7:30 AM, custard pie man said:

and the saints got screwed on the "no" call against Rams and the Raiders got screwed in the snow against Brady, etc.... you got to let that shit go, Allen was horrible and  you got out hustled and out played, time to move on, just game 1, kick some raiders ass sunday cuz i just picked them lol

That’s done.  But you want to give refs a pass with so much time and money invested?  You are the one that needs to not let shit like that go.  The sport has too many subjective calls that you don’t see in other sports and you could call holding on almost any plat!

Congrats to jabe and Bong-Man. I believe they were the lone two who picked the Washington Football team today. The Broncos should've just let that Washington RB walk into the endzone on that last drive...  :rolleyes:

But--trying to be an optimist--maybe if Washington has a good year, Eric Bienemy will finally get that elusive head coaching job....

26 minutes ago, paul carruthers said:

Congrats to jabe and Bong-Man. I believe they were the lone two who picked the Washington Football team today. The Broncos should've just let that Washington RB walk into the endzone on that last drive...  :rolleyes:

But--trying to be an optimist--maybe if Washington has a good year, Eric Bienemy will finally get that elusive head coaching job....

What am I - chopped liver?  ;) 

On 9/17/2023 at 7:53 PM, paul carruthers said:

Sorry about that. When I was skimming through the picks, I thought you picked Denver. Go Taters...  :wacko:

No Im chopped liver, as I have the lead in the standings but fell 2nd in both weeks.  So Paul, you referred to the Chargers at Vikings as "two weak teams"?  Your Miami boys won a nail biter over the Chargers.  I would say they are decent teams, but what really kills the Chargers is their pathetic defense.  Their offense however is likely as good as any.  I think they win this game as they do not want to be 0-3.  Of course neither o the Vikes but I think the Vikings could rally in that division easier than the Chargers.  Do you think that Denver could be a trap team for  your Dolphins?  I mean, Russell Wilson is always dangerous. I  am surprised their defense, which is supposed to be good, let the damn Redskins win on the road.  That was s real surprise to me and the Bills cant take them lightly

^^ Denver a "trap game?" I suppose that's always possible, but I don't see it unless something catastrophic happens. Whatever borderline HOF skills Russell Wilson once had, are gone. Some people are reticent to say it, but I'm not, Wilson is washed. And given the reports on how lousy Denver's defense is, putting up 30+ points may be in order for the Fins....