2023-2024 NFL Season Thread

Walter

16 hours ago, paul carruthers said:

I was about to say those "amazing Steelers", then they ran that dumbass end around play on 3rd and goal. But, a field goal essentially salted this game away. 1-0 so far, Rick.... 😋

Yeah your three back and I believe tied with Bonger.  I just made a change.  Taking Tampa.  I heard Baker was out and now he will play, with sore ribs but will play nonetheless.  I still have sources that say Carolina's D is going to make it a tough one. There is only one game that matters to me.  Its the game of the week.  By the way, Rams and 49ers are sitting most of their player  Except the Rams are going to to try and get that rookie the record by getting him 4 catches, 29 yards and then get him out. Wentz is playing QB.  If I was betting the game I would take Arizona.  They  say Seattle defense has been non existent.  Lots of upsets today, partly due to players sitting and partly because some teams like Philly have gone South

Allen is just a weird player, he can  make the most god awful mistakes killing his teams chances but then has the ability to make impossible plays in the same game to pull out victory, he hasn't been able to but if he can play 3 games mistake free I can see Bills in super Bowl, a very big if, the little guy who turned the game with punt return used to be on Saints last year or so with Brees, ran back kicks, remember he came from Assumption college , little school in Massachusetts, anyways believe he was suspended for a year, arrested i'm sure and believe he changed his last name? anyways that was the play that sends Miami to bitter cold KC, fish are done, Lions coach is probably wishing he rested  some key players Laporta out is huge blow to their scheme, best tight end in football this year

3 hours ago, Bong-Man said:

Congratulations Rick!  You held it together just like your Bills.

Thanks for your efforts this season Strider. Much appreciated!   

Thanks, I wonder how your fans will welcome Stafford?  And the Rams are tough.  They deserved Tampa not Philly.

On 1/6/2024 at 7:17 PM, paul carruthers said:

I was about to say those "amazing Steelers", then they ran that dumbass end around play on 3rd and goal. But, a field goal essentially salted this game away. 1-0 so far, Rick.... 😋

After you emerge from your period of mourning Paul, I seriously hope your team beats the hell out of Andy Reid next week.  And I believe they can.  But it would help if they got a couple of guys back.  

I was cheering for Washington but Michigan was clearly the better team today. As good as Penix was last week against Texas, he was miserable tonight. Not sure where he'll end up in the draft.

Number 73 of Washington's O-Line was a joke. At least four drives he killed with his stupid mistakes and penalties.

Rich Eisen will be insufferable tomorrow.

Edited by Strider

13 hours ago, Strider said:

I was cheering for Washington but Michigan was clearly the better team today. As good as Penix was last week against Texas, he was miserable tonight. Not sure where he'll end up in the draft.

Number 73 of Washington's O-Line was a joke. At least four drives he killed with his stupid mistakes and penalties.

Rich Eisen will be insufferable tomorrow.

I just subscribed to Rich Eislen's channel.  I like him.  I like Florio also.  Hey Sean, I think the Raiders should keep Pierce on.  Id take Pierce over old sour puss also

Edited by LedZeppfan1977

2 hours ago, Strider said:

Pete Carroll is out in Seattle. redrum cheers. Could Dan Quinn be going back to Seattle?

https://www.si.com/nfl/seahawks/news/dallas-cowboys-source-dan-quinn-moves-to-seattle-seahawks-wish-list-as-new-coach

Kinda figured after they lost 4 in a row. Trading Wilson also a bad move. Wagner’s return didn’t help much either. Always irked me when they’d brag that they ‘owned the division.’ 😄

Belichick is out in New England!  The true end of an era that provided winning football for 20 years straight!. I know the last couple seasons without Brady have been disappointing but there will never be another dynasty like Brady Belichick ever. New England sports fans are the luckiest fans in the country when it comes to any sports team. I have seen 16  NBA Championships with the Celtics, 6 Super Bowl wins with the Pats, 2 World series with The Red Sox and at least one Stanley Cup with the Bruins in 2011. How many other fans can say they have enjoyed their home teams winning as much as that and on all 4 sports fronts? None.

1 hour ago, hummingbird69 said:

Belichick is out in New England!  The true end of an era that provided winning football for 20 years straight!. I know the last couple seasons without Brady have been disappointing but there will never be another dynasty like Brady Belichick ever. New England sports fans are the luckiest fans in the country when it comes to any sports team. I have seen 16  NBA Championships with the Celtics, 6 Super Bowl wins with the Pats, 2 World series with The Red Sox and at least one Stanley Cup with the Bruins in 2011. How many other fans can say they have enjoyed their home teams winning as much as that and on all 4 sports fronts? None.

Boston. 👍

1 hour ago, hummingbird69 said:

Ummm, don't the Red Sox have 4 World Series titles this century? 

Likewise, I feel fairly blessed and lucky with my teams, even with the Raiders sucking ass for most of my adult life.

Lakers: 12 NBA Championships

Raiders: 3 Super Bowls

Kings: 2 Stanley Cups

Dodgers: 2 World Series

USC Football: 6 National Championships

USC Baseball: 8 National Championships

31 minutes ago, Strider said:

Likewise, I feel fairly blessed and lucky with my teams, even with the Raiders sucking ass for most of my adult life.

The Dodgers are loaded again.  Might put a future on Dodgers vs Orioles.   Hey, I thought you were an Angels fan first.  Anyway in NFL I bet Super Bowl futures on  my Bills vs Detroit. Dallas and Rams.  Rams my 2nd favorite but I hope Lion 🦁 get there.  

2 hours ago, Strider said:

they may but I only watched two, There's only 13 cities that have had all four teams win since 1966.  A cool thing I enjoy about being a Bruins fan is hearing fans shout lets go Bruins when they are the away team. Last game in Arizona the crowd shouted lets go Bruins 3 times. It happens all the time.

The forecast for tomorrow night's game is 40 degrees below zero. And all the pundits--the ones I listen to--have my Fins getting their ass kicked tomorrow. This truly is a roll of the dice game & sorry I don't have any injury updates for you Rick. 

I just have a bad feeling about this game and a few others I picked, but I'll wait and see... 🙈