2023 MLB Postseason...

paul carruthers

spacer.png

There are your brackets & here's my stellar predictions for the 2023 playoffs (at least the Wild Card rounds)...

Blue Jays defeat the Twins

Rangers over the Rays

Brewers over D-Backs

And going with my heart over my head, the Fish beat the Phillies...

Note, this is not a contest, just a place to share opinions about the action that kicks off Tuesday. Cheers....  

Edited by paul carruthers

I hope you guys are right on Texas but I don’t agree.  I fear Tampa the most so we likely get them but the Orioles at least will have a rested staff.  Is it best of three or 5 ???  Trying to find out. 

Tampa over Texas (Glasgow is now their best pitcher and on fire).  Effin in game 2.

Toronto and Twins is a toss up, I guess Toronto 

Milwaukee to roll Arizona

Phillies over Miami?  I hope Miami wins. And they have played well of late!

I’m picking a rematch if 1966 World Series, Orioles and Dodgers

Edited by LedZeppfan1977

2 hours ago, Strider said:

Milwaukee over Arizona

Philadelphia over Florida

Toronto over Minnesota

Texas over Tampa Bay

This except I'm taking the Twins.  

1 hour ago, LedZeppfan1977 said:

I hope you guys are right on Texas but I don’t agree.  I fear Tampa the most so we likely get them but the Orioles at least will have a rested staff.  Is it best of three or 5 ???  Trying to find out. 

This series is best of 3.  Division series is best of 5.  Then the next 2 are best of 7.

18 minutes ago, ebk said:

This except I'm taking the Twins.  

This series is best of 3.  Division series is best of 5.  Then the next 2 are best of 7.

Thanks Esther!  Go O’s!!!

Wait Ester!  I’m seeing 3 games only scheduled. Then Saturday the Orioles play winner .  It looks like best of 3?  Man am I happy we dodged that crap

I am also seeing all three games are in city of higher seed!!  That is not fair. So all three games in Tampa, Minnesota, Philly and Milwaukee.  WTF?

Edited by LedZeppfan1977

This is just MLB's way of trying to make it harder for Wild Card teams to advance in the playoffs, while trying to make it easier on the higher seeds. Of course, playoffs are usually such a crapshoot, that it wouldn't surprise me if the Braves or Dodgers got an early round exit (again).

Actually--the more I think about it--if the Brewers do advance, I love their chances against the Dodgers in the NLDS. I'll take the Brewers starting staff over LA in a heartbeat....

19 hours ago, LedZeppfan1977 said:

Come on Rangers!

Be careful what you wish for (or post).  I want the Texas Rangers to win and win it all (if not, then the Houston Astros).  Your Orioles had a good and surprising season but that will come to a sudden end if they have face either of these two formidable Texas teams.   

19 hours ago, kingzoso said:

Be careful what you wish for (or post).  I want the Texas Rangers to win and win it all (if not, then the Houston Astros).  Your Orioles had a good and surprising season but that will come to a sudden end if they have face either of these two formidable Texas teams.   

i dont think so.  Bring them on.  Houston and Texas do not have great pitching.   I know you want us to lose King.  But just because you say so means nothing. We will send Bradish, Grayson Rodriguez( a name you will know very soon), and then either Means or Kremer in either order.  Unless Hyde pulls a surprise.  And what do you think of Texas blowing the division on the final day?  Game 162 and the first time all year Houston is in first place.  Unreal. 

Edited by LedZeppfan1977

On 10/3/2023 at 10:36 PM, paul carruthers said:

Down go the Brewers...

I am very surprised that Milwaukee and Tampa went down in the fashion they did.  Texas had lost 8 in a row recently and woke up just in time to make playoffs and managed to blow the division to Houston on the final day of the season.   

1 hour ago, Strider said:

Nobody is picking the next round? PC? LZF77?

Baltimore over Texas

Houston over Minnesota 

Atlanta over Philadelphia 

LA over Arizona

Agree with all.  Baltimore, Atlanta ( Phillies playing well though), Houston (Twins could pull upset), Dodgers (easiest one)

10 hours ago, Strider said:

Nobody is picking the next round? PC? LZF77?

Baltimore over Texas

Houston over Minnesota 

Atlanta over Philadelphia 

LA over Arizona

I'll agree with the first one.  I'm going the opposite on the rest.

23 minutes ago, Strider said:

Glad the sun came out. How was traffic afterwards? Were there a lot of people staying for the concert?

Heh - that's a whole other story...  I'd asked "my guy" at the Os whether we could leave the car in the lot as usual and go to dinner.  He said we needed to leave pronto so they could park for the concert.  So we tried to do that.  However, after sitting in the car for about 20 minutes and moving about 2 feet, we re-parked and went to dinner.  As we were walking back to the car, we passed the looooong line of cars still waiting to get in to the lots - and hour and 20 minutes after the show started.  

I'd feel bad about leaving the car so no one else could park, except the lot we were in was practically empty when we got back and there weren't any cars waiting to park.  So we left, avoided the most heavily trafficked streets, and were home in 45 minutes.  And had a fabulous dinner! 

5 hours ago, ebk said:

Heh - that's a whole other story...  I'd asked "my guy" at the Os whether we could leave the car in the lot as usual and go to dinner.  He said we needed to leave pronto so they could park for the concert.  So we tried to do that.  However, after sitting in the car for about 20 minutes and moving about 2 feet, we re-parked and went to dinner.  As we were walking back to the car, we passed the looooong line of cars still waiting to get in to the lots - and hour and 20 minutes after the show started.  

I'd feel bad about leaving the car so no one else could park, except the lot we were in was practically empty when we got back and there weren't any cars waiting to park.  So we left, avoided the most heavily trafficked streets, and were home in 45 minutes.  And had a fabulous dinner! 

Hokey smokes. 

On 10/5/2023 at 5:45 AM, LedZeppfan1977 said:

i dont think so.  Bring them on.  Houston and Texas do not have great pitching.   I know you want us to lose King.  But just because you say so means nothing. We will send Bradish, Grayson Rodriguez( a name you will know very soon), and then either Means or Kremer in either order.  Unless Hyde pulls a surprise.  And what do you think of Texas blowing the division on the final day?  Game 162 and the first time all year Houston is in first place.  Unreal. 

Did I or did I not say beware of what you wish for?  You replied, "bring them on".  I told you that the Texas Rangers were/are a formidable baseball team.  Your cockiness and arrogance makes you think the orioles are going to win the World Series this year.  Their, albeit, surprising season, will end tomorrow night less than 40 miles from my apartment (I reside in Plano, Texas).  If not tomorrow night then on Wednesday night.  I know you don't care or remember, but I have always said the Houston Astros and the Texas Rangers are my 2 and 3 favorite teams after the Saint Louis Cardinals.  I, was, after all, born in Galveston, Texas. (Say what you want about the St. Louis Cardinals and the awful season they had this year).  I know it sucks that your (or theirs) team makes it far in the playoffs, but just not far enough.  Just like the Baltimore Orioles and your Buffalo Bills.

Edited by kingzoso

Ah well...  it was still a fun season.  Especially since I had no expectations at the start.

For the first time in a while, I'm looking forward to next year.  Most everyone will still be around, so let's see what happens! 

Will Dave Roberts head be on the chopping block if the Dodgers get swept out by the D-Backs? Pivotal Game 3 for the Braves, as I'm sure there were many Braves fans going "not again" after they dropped that first game to Philly.

The Astros look like they may be a wrecking machine again....