2023 MLB Postseason...

paul carruthers

12 hours ago, paul carruthers said:

I'm probably putting the jinx on, but I was thinking about the D-backs and how it's possible that an 84 win team can get to the World Series. And I thought about Rick's comments about how the system is flawed, but in reality, I don't know what MLB could do to further try to "punish" wild card teams, and subsequently make life easier for the teams that grind all year to win their division.

Seemingly all playoff sports for the last few decades have become a complete crapshoot, especially in sports where you have to play series. And I'm not a hockey guy, but I keep up with the sport and know that the Boston Bruins had a record regular season, and just like the 2001 Mariners, and a myriad if other teams, flamed out in the postseason.

I think as long as MLB has this current playoff format, it's going to be the random luck of the draw, and teams that win over 100 games will still come up short.

Rant over....

You know that I did not even think about the fact both World Series teams are wild cards.  Of course Texas and Arizona were both fortunate to even make the playoffs, both almost blew it.  Texas manage to lose 8 in a row, blow an 8-0 lead and lose 13-12 in a regular season game for the ages vs the mighty Astros.  I do not care who wins to be honest.  I still have some inner hostility and rage over these lucky Rangers beating my Orioles.  I still blame our manager.  If he bunts in game one we might be talking about different teams.  Anyway, Texas is probably the better team.  But Arizona probably has the better bullpen.  Im glad the Phillies lost.  I dont like them.  So the desert series likely nobody on the East coast really cares. MLB will pay the price of dragging their season into the NFL, NHL, and NBA seasons.  And you mention your not a hockey guy, but you know the NHL may have the fairest system.  You cant get whacked in 3 games. They did away with that years ago.

Congratulations to the Texas Rangers.  2023 World Series Champions.  (The game is not even over yet).  

Any opinions on this Series, Rick?  Could the Baltimore Orioles have made a better series against the Arizona Diamondbacks?  This is a simple question, not an insult (so there is no reason to "report" me).  As is your want and inclination.

Edited by kingzoso

10 minutes ago, luvlz2 said:

Congratulations Texas Rangers! Great ball playing!

I remember,luvlz2, that you reside in Arizona.  If I wasn't born in Texas and live here now, I would have been rooting for the Diamondbacks against any American league team.  

Long live Led Zeppelin, Rush and now, the Texas Rangers.

1 hour ago, kingzoso said:

I remember,luvlz2, that you reside in Arizona.  If I wasn't born in Texas and live here now, I would have been rooting for the Diamondbacks against any American league team.  

Long live Led Zeppelin, Rush and now, the Texas Rangers.

You're all right kingzoso!

Edited by luvlz2

17 hours ago, ebk said:

And now baseball is over, which makes me sad. 

Sorry for your sadness. But I'm not sad...the baseball season should not be so long it extends into November.

Congrats to the Texas Rangers on their first championship! 

Edited by Strider

17 hours ago, luvlz2 said:

You're all right kingzoso!

Yes, I am.  Thanks for the compliment.  I am one of the nicest and kindest person(s) anyone could ever meet (unlike some on here).  It seems our love of Led Zeppelin and Rush gives us something in common.  You are all right too.  

Ricky, where are you?  Too embarassed to admit that the TEXAS RANGERS are the World Champions?  Unlike your orioles?  

Remember, a no comment is more incriminating than a comment. I look forward to your brief and inane reply. 

Edited by kingzoso

• 2 weeks later...