2023 MLB Postseason...

paul carruthers

10 minutes ago, luvlz2 said:

^^You guys crack me up with your back and forth bickering, love it! :popcorn2:

I love it too.  It's amusing and entertaining to me.  However, the big difference is that I do not resort to stupid, ignorant or inane name-calling that he does to me.  Doesn't bother me though.  Like I said, it's entertaining.  

If I had to really choose between the Astros or the Rangers, this year I would want the Texas Rangers to go to the World Series.  The last time they went to the World Series it was against the Cardinals.  2011.  Hell, there is even a chance that I might go to a World Series games as Arlington, Texas is less than 40 miles from my apartment.  Not my trailer, as Rick thinks I live in one.

Long Live Led Zeppelin and Rush.

The Texas Rangers win again.  7 straight Post-Season wins so far.  Off day tomorrow.  What gives with the Houston Astros having OXY shoulder patches on their uniforms?  Are they openly and blatantly promoting the use of highly addictive Opiods?  If they are, so far it is not working for them.  (That was what someone like me would call a rhetorical Question).  Seriously, to me and probably millions of fans outside of Houston, does not know what they are promoting or being sponsored by.  I know I can simply Google it, but I was wondering if anyone knows (without Google).  Anyways, as much as I love the Houston Astros (now, and especially as a kid, who saw them many times at the Astrodome in the late 1970's) I want to see the Texas Rangers go to and win the 2023 World Series.  

Edited to add:  Rick, you are free to reply/respond, as long as you refrain from calling me vicious and vile names (as is your want).  However, I have a feeling that you will not.    

Edited by kingzoso

6 minutes ago, ebk said:

Occidental Petroleum

I did not Google it.  It came up in a discussion earlier this season about giving us one more reason to hate the Astros.

Thank You.  Clear, concise and simple answer.  However, I still thinks it sends a wrong projection on the Houston Astros.  It would seem to me that OCCP would be more appropriate given that it is an Oil Petroleum Company and not a Pharma Company.  Thanks for your input.  Believe it or not, I really appreciate it.  

I don't care for Max Scherzer, regardless of what team he plays for.  The dude may have been a good pitcher at some point in his career, however, in my opinion, he sucks now.  I already knew that he would lose the game for the Texas Rangers the minute I heard that he was starting game 3.  If any pitcher can be "over-hyped", it is him and Clayton Kershaw.  Just My opinion.

9 hours ago, kingzoso said:

Houston Astros!!!

I thought you wanted Texas?  Its still not over.   I dont care.  but must give Houston credit for never giving up.  The NL series I really could care less about.  But I would rather see Arizona simply to prove the current system is flawed.  Best of 5 should be gone when you  play so many games in the regular season

On 10/21/2023 at 4:54 AM, LedZeppfan1977 said:

I thought you wanted Texas?  Its still not over.   I dont care.  but must give Houston credit for never giving up.  The NL series I really could care less about.  But I would rather see Arizona simply to prove the current system is flawed.  Best of 5 should be gone when you  play so many games in the regular season

I do want the Texas Rangers to win, however, I am fine with the Astros winning also.  I think it might have been a mistake to start Scherzer for such an important game.  I don't expect him to stay in the game for the Rangers to long.

I am also rooting for the Diamondbacks tomorrow night.

Edited by kingzoso

I believe this is the first ever trip to the series for Texas?  Another strange fact. The Phillies, according to CBS, in their 141 year history, have NEVER PLAYED A GAME 7!!!!!  I am pretty sure the D Backs won a game 7 over the Yankees years ago in the Series.  Remember that?  The pressure is on the Phillies.  Texas vs Philly would be the sexier series for sure.  The hatred of the Eagles and Cowboys.  The D Backs vs the Rangers?  Ill call it the desert series

I'm probably putting the jinx on, but I was thinking about the D-backs and how it's possible that an 84 win team can get to the World Series. And I thought about Rick's comments about how the system is flawed, but in reality, I don't know what MLB could do to further try to "punish" wild card teams, and subsequently make life easier for the teams that grind all year to win their division.

Seemingly all playoff sports for the last few decades have become a complete crapshoot, especially in sports where you have to play series. And I'm not a hockey guy, but I keep up with the sport and know that the Boston Bruins had a record regular season, and just like the 2001 Mariners, and a myriad if other teams, flamed out in the postseason.

I think as long as MLB has this current playoff format, it's going to be the random luck of the draw, and teams that win over 100 games will still come up short.

Rant over....