2024 MLB Thread....

paul carruthers

7 hours ago, paul carruthers said:

Some excitement in Houston tonight....

You call a 10-0 blowout exciting?  Its about time Houston woke up after laying down vs the Yankees.  How the hell did they manage to get swept?  Unreal.  Any idea where Verlander is this year?  I do not think he is pitching?  Boy its going to be  along season for some teams like Oakland and the White Sox.  The White Sox are leaving Comisky park at some point.  I just do not get it. Why these once proud teams let their best players go, like Tim Anderson leaving White Sox.  Your Mets might be in for a long season.  The New York Post has not had kind words.  The Tigers clocked them good yesterday.  My Orioles are fine but it will be a sight for sore yes to see Means back. Bradish will take just a bit longer.  I just pray no Tommy John surgery. Im so sick of that damn surgery hitting all these pitchers.  

47 minutes ago, paul carruthers said:

I think I need a long break from watching the Mets every day. Just more depression...  😒

You just had a long break from watching the Mets every day - it's called the off-season.  ;)

Dare I fall into cliche and tell you it's a long season?  It'll be fine.

• 2 weeks later...

Who saw this collapse by Houston coming?  Not I.  Nice game by Irvin for O’s today!  Lead majors in HRs also!  I think we should send Jackson Holiday back down for a while?  He has been great with his glove but hasn’t been able to hit the pitching in the bigs yet.  Cowser and Westburg are tearing it up.  I’m hoping Means is ready this week.  Bradish has started rehab.

• 2 weeks later...

I am not surprised Mike Trout is hurt. He's been injured every season for the past four years. He is the Ken Griffey, Jr. of this generation. Great player but won't get a whiff of the World Series. And now his contract is an albatross just as Albert Pujols was to the Angels.

https://theathletic.com/5465868/2024/05/02/mike-trout-angels-trade-value/

The Tigers are playing well, and pitching is our strength.  I don't think we have anyone left on our staff that hasn't had Tommy John surgery. Tarik Skubal has been a monster on the mound. I was hoping we might sign a slugger for our lineup with Miggy's contract now gone, but no such luck. We sure strike out a lot. Such a lousy division too.  There's lots of pissed off Xfiniti & comcast customers who lost Bally sports this past week.  I'm an AT&T fool, so I get a break for now.  The bars are making out though.   

14 hours ago, paul carruthers said:

Well, due to blackout rules I don't quite understand, I can't watch the Mets. So, I decided to stream Angels vs. Guardians...

Yes its ridiculous.  Being in upstate NY, I pay for MLB and can watch any game EXCEPT the Mets and Yankees.  Can not watch them!  Blacked out because greedy Spectrum has the rights.  I buy it to watch my Orioles obviously.   7 hour drive to NY for me and blacked out

On 5/6/2024 at 4:59 PM, redrum said:

SF slogging along. They'll never catch up at this rate. 👎

It's only May so I'm not getting too excited about the Dodgers' start. And you shouldn't get too discouraged red. Stranger things have happened. Let's see if the Dodgers' hot streak continues or if the Giants or someone else gets on a roll. The standings could look very different come August.

36 minutes ago, Strider said:

It's only May so I'm not getting too excited about the Dodgers' start. And you shouldn't get too discouraged red. Stranger things have happened. Let's see if the Dodgers' hot streak continues or if the Giants or someone else gets on a roll. The standings could look very different come August.

I know. It's a long season.