2024-2025 NFL SEASON

Strider

The NFL draft combines have begun. The draft is next month. Will Chicago trade their #1 pick or blow it on another quarterback bust? Is Caleb Williams really "the guy"?

So yes, Rick...it's time for a new thread for the upcoming NFL season.

And, confirming that the Denver trade for Russell Wilson is the worst trade in history, the Broncos cut Wilson and will eat a massive cap shit sandwich.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/39654399/broncos-cut-russell-wilson-take-85m-dead-money-hit

How much will Denver owe Russell Wilson?
The Broncos owe Wilson $39 million for the 2024 NFL season.
Once they pay that sum to the veteran quarterback, they won't owe him anything more.

TRUMP-FIRED.gif

7 hours ago, Strider said:

The NFL draft combines have begun. The draft is next month. Will Chicago trade their #1 pick or blow it on another quarterback bust? Is Caleb Williams really "the guy"?

So yes, Rick...it's time for a new thread for the upcoming NFL season.

And, confirming that the Denver trade for Russell Wilson is the worst trade in history, the Broncos cut Wilson and will eat a massive cap shit sandwich.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/39654399/broncos-cut-russell-wilson-take-85m-dead-money-hit

this is why I was surprised Peyton took this job, huge cap hits and traded away so many picks,  but he  does know how to turn a franchise around, only if another Drew Brees was around lurking somewhere 😃

Bills not signing , Poyer, Hyde and Mitch Morse. To me, Morse the biggest surprise.  I’ve never understood or cared about these millionaires playing a game?  And how it is that teams like the Yankees or Cowboys seem to get to sign on more money than small market teams like Bills. Orioles?  Bills needed to go under cap so let guys go.  

Edited by LedZeppfan1977

On 3/7/2024 at 10:50 AM, paul carruthers said:

I don't think the QB problems the Steelers have will be solved by acquiring Russell Wilson, but maybe that's just view on the matter...

Thought he'd go to the Raiders. 

On 3/7/2024 at 1:50 PM, paul carruthers said:

I don't think the QB problems the Steelers have will be solved by acquiring Russell Wilson, but maybe that's just view on the matter...

Poyer signed with Miami.  I think Hyde is retiring.  The one that i dont get is Mitch Morse.  Bills let him go.  Ill worry about baseball for now.   

7 hours ago, Strider said:

I know Raider Nation joins me in mourning the end of the legendary Jimmy G Era. Bwahahahahahahahaha. :hysterical:hysterical

Jimmy Garlollapalooza. 

Posted (edited)

I think it was John Madden or Bill Parcells who said "If you have two quarterbacks you have none." It'll be interesting to see what goes on with the Pittsburgh Steelers this season, who now have two seemingly broken quarterbacks in Russell Wilson and Justin Fields.

Edited by Strider

• 2 weeks later...

I wonder how the league is going to try and "enforce" the new tackling ban? And, I also wonder why they made a new rule to further eliminate the purpose of playing defense, but maybe I already know the answer to that.

If I were Charles Barkley, I would probably say that the league is softer than tissue paper.... :rolleyes:

Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, paul carruthers said:

I wonder how the league is going to try and "enforce" the new tackling ban? And, I also wonder why they made a new rule to further eliminate the purpose of playing defense, but maybe I already know the answer to that.

If I were Charles Barkley, I would probably say that the league is softer than tissue paper.... :rolleyes:

The way it is going, my autumn Sundays will become a lot more free. I already watch record-low levels of baseball and basketball...I haven't watched a full Lakers game in two years. If the NFL wants to head down the flag-football road, it will be very easy for me to cut the cord on them, too.

Edited by Strider

• 3 weeks later...
21 hours ago, paul carruthers said:

Can people just stop with this Tom Brady coming out of retirement, nonsense. As great as he was, I doubt that someone seriously wants to see Tom--who's pushing 50 I believe--taking snaps under center...  :rolleyes:

Who is putting this speculation out there?

• 2 weeks later...