Someone messed up the Zep article in Wiki

AchillesLAX

Oh wow, that's too long to look into...so I didn't see anything :rolleyes:. For everyone who thinks they're stupid for allowing people to edit things, they have people monitoring that and can restore pages when necessary. I know 'cause I've been spotted doing some nonsensical crap...a few times :whistling:

I find entertainment in wiki (fill in suffix). You must read it with a grain of salt though...but often times there ARE facts included that might not be without the user being able to edit.

Of course that goes both ways.....

Always consult more sources though, if what you seek is important FACTS....

Fodder is FUN....:D

But that's the beauty of user-editing. If you find stuff that isn't accurate, you can change it! The writer AJ Jacobs did an experiment actually...

In September 2005, Jacobs (with Esquire magazine) participated in an experiment of the "wiki process". He submitted an intentionally error-riddled article to Wikipedia which discussed the peculiarities of such an encyclopedia. After about two days and 373 edits, he was pleased with the version, stating, "I feel like I should submit all my articles to the community to get them Wikipedia-ized. I can't wait to print this in Esquire magazine."

Sometimes it's accurate and useful, sometimes it's full of errors, how is the casual seeker-after-knowledge to know which is which? This is why it's worthless!

You knew I couldn't resist . . . :whistling:

The reason I came into this thread was to see if you'd posted anything in it yet! :hysterical:

Well it appears that it has been changed back. I liked the Gabriel thing better though, made me think of Jesus. But anyways another useless thread.

You must find many threads useless with only 4 posts in over a month !

Kinda odd though, that fully 25% of your posts are right here...USELESS !!! :lol:

You must find many threads useless with only 4 posts in over a month !

Kinda odd though, that fully 25% of your posts are right here...USELESS !!! :lol:

Well I'm more of the reading type. I've checked out pretty much every thread in this forum.

But when I do reply, the useless person that I am, it will be pure horse crap.

Sometimes it's accurate and useful, sometimes it's full of errors, how is the casual seeker-after-knowledge to know which is which? This is why it's worthless!

You knew I couldn't resist . . . :whistling:

:lol: As soon as I saw the thread title, I laughed thinking, I bet I know someone who might chime in :D

Archived