Gallows Pole

Bodhisattva

I don't know if I can pick a best song from III. IT's a great album. I listened to it in study hall today. I do love having an ipod, makes listening to music in school so much easier and lowers my chances of getting caught.

Is this song not one of the best tracks on III?

Listening to it right now and I love every minute of it, easily a song I can rock to. :D

That's an excellent album. Hard to pick the best off that one though because there are so many great songs on there.

LZ III was my first LZ CD.

I´ve always loved Gallows Pole and regarded it as the best of Zep´s acoustic songs. It almost makes it to my personal Zep Top Ten - not quite but ALMOST!

Ah, a Gallows Pole appreciation thread! Love it! I think an honorable mention should go to the Page and Plant version with Nigel Eaton's hurdy gurdy! What a jam! :beer:

Ah, a Gallows Pole appreciation thread! Love it! I think an honorable mention should go to the Page and Plant version with Nigel Eaton's hurdy gurdy! What a jam! :beer:

Yes, I love this version too! And I was so happy to hear it as I was in the movies watching Bandits and the song started to play!! My husband looked at me and said: c'mon, stop singing, everybody is looking. <_<

:huh::bagoverhead:

Absolutely :thumbsup: In some ways, I almost prefer this version if I can be so bold as to say that :o

It's okay Celia, I was once in the movies with my mom years ago and a Robert Plant song was in it and I exclaimed that rather loudly. My mother pretended she didn't know me :ph34r: :'( :lol:

Absolutely :thumbsup: In some ways, I almost prefer this version if I can be so bold as to say that :o

I wouldn't go that far...or maybe I would...I really don't know. I love both versions. :)

It's okay Celia, I was once in the movies with my mom years ago and a Robert Plant song was in it and I exclaimed that rather loudly. My mother pretended she didn't know me :ph34r: :'( :lol:

So good to know someone relates. :'( :huh::lol:

Archived