Jimmy Page Les Paul Custom

reids

"The result is this stunning “Black Beauty” with a slim-profile neck, Page BurstBucker pickups, gold Bigsby vibrato and an innovative six-position toggle that lets you isolate the neck and bridge pickups, or add the middle in any combination."

Sweet! Does anyone have an extra $6,000 that they could lend me? I'll pay you back... um, as soon as I'm able, let's put it that way.

Looks like Page is "Gearing" up for a Reunion tour to me.

Endorsing new products and all. You just know he can't wait to get back on stage.

We can't either.

R B)

I'm sure he can't wait to get back on stage, within the right context. I don't think the endorsements mean anything in relation to that, though, as he's been doing the signature guitars with Gibson for some years now.

I would actually like Jimmy to be a little more progressive with guitars, actually. The last really interesting thing he did was start using the Transperformance but these days the tuning thing can be done digitally. I'd like to see him revisit what's out there in guitar synths. the VG-99 has his name all over it with the theremin-like D-beam.

Bloody hell I need one of those, guess I better sweet talk the wife I may need a second mortgage on the house. It could be a Very Expensive year for Zeppelin fans if the Lads decide to have a go at touring !!!!

RjK

$25.000 ??? great, i only need $24.999!!!! : :rolleyes:

what an awesome guitar. it's perfect. I wonder if with that guitar you can play like page. :D

I have #243 of the last run. it's an amazing guitar and has already double in value compared to what I paid for it in 2005.

This new one might not go that far, but it will go up in value.

I have #243 of the last run. it's an amazing guitar and has already double in value compared to what I paid for it in 2005.

This new one might not go that far, but it will go up in value.

The ones that went up in value are the custom shop aged 59 Les Paul standard"s #'s 1-25 played by Page. These really went up in value. I had a chance to buy three of them and didn't think they were worth the money! I was obviously wrong! Now you never see them for sale and if they are for sale people are asking upwards of 75,000. Then they had a second run of the custom shop aged 59's #1-150. These are exactly like 1-25 except Page didn't play them or autograph them. You can always get him to autograph one of those though. I'm sure if you donate to his charity he will sign it and play it for a minute and now you have a guitar just like the first run of 25. I have #41 and these are worth around 18,000 to 20,000. I paid 10,699 for mine. If you have #243 you have the third run. I don't believe these are aged like the first two runs. You still have a great guitar though. They made quite a few of those and I don't think they doubled in value, look on ebay, they go for about the same price as they were new. I feel they made too many, possibly around 1,000 or more. Gibson could care less if they over produced them. As usual its all about the money to them. On this Black Beauty edition I feel the first 25 played and signed by Page will possibly be the only ones to increase in value. Gibson and Page are sure making a lot of money.

The ones that went up in value are the custom shop aged 59 Les Paul standard"s #'s 1-25 played by Page. These really went up in value. I had a chance to buy three of them and didn't think they were worth the money! I was obviously wrong! Now you never see them for sale and if they are for sale people are asking upwards of 75,000. Then they had a second run of the custom shop aged 59's #1-150. These are exactly like 1-25 except Page didn't play them or autograph them. You can always get him to autograph one of those though. I'm sure if you donate to his charity he will sign it and play it for a minute and now you have a guitar just like the first run of 25. I have #41 and these are worth around 18,000 to 20,000. I paid 10,699 for mine. If you have #243 you have the third run. I don't believe these are aged like the first two runs. You still have a great guitar though. They made quite a few of those and I don't think they doubled in value, look on ebay, they go for about the same price as they were new. I feel they made too many, possibly around 1,000 or more. Gibson could care less if they over produced them. As usual its all about the money to them. On this Black Beauty edition I feel the first 25 played and signed by Page will possibly be the only ones to increase in value. Gibson and Page are sure making a lot of money.

Believe me, I know the pedigree.... the Custom Shop Authentic version, like the one I have, is trading at 8000 to 9000 when you can find one. Less then 800 total were made. And they are all wicked. Mine is from the the 1st year and is not the later "plecked" version.

It's not aged by Murphy or the anything, but it's given a "dulling" so it does not look new.

n511186889_15010_5604.jpg

Believe me, I know the pedigree.... the Custom Shop Authentic version, like the one I have, is trading at 8000 to 9000 when you can find one. Less then 800 total were made. And they are all wicked. Mine is from the the 1st year and is not the later "plecked" version.

It's not aged by Murphy or the anything, but it's given a "dulling" so it does not look new.

oh come on, why would you switch pups on such a significant guitar?

[edit]: or did you just take off the cover on the bridge?

I agree they are all fine guitars, I wasn't trying to offend you and if I did I do apoligize but 700-800 is still too many produced if your looking for them to go up in value. Even the one I have 1-150 is still a lot. The very first ones 1-25 hopefully will hold their value, but how many people are buying guitars for 50,000 plus dollars? What do you think about this new Black Beauty for 25,000? I thought about buying one but there are a lot of Page guitars on the market. I passed on the double neck, I just felt it wasn't worth 50,000, which is what the Musicares charity was asking in their auction. All of these guitars are probably at their peak because of the Led Zeppelin reunion and all the interest now in them. Its kind of like a stock, if you want to make money, now is probably a good time to sell. I bought these guitars just to collect them and play them a little. That's a beautiful guitar you have by the way.

oh come on, why would you switch pups on such a significant guitar?

[edit]: or did you just take off the cover on the bridge?

it's stock like that. the only thing I've done to it is make the pickups in phase when both are one. Page might like it out of phase but I found it really annoying. it's a simple very reversible mod

Archived