The Thin Lizzy Thread

The Bomber

I had to post this,i had to know how many fans there were out there,my Christmas present last year from my parents was two tickets to them,the John Sykes/Scott Gorham revival thing,they were incredible!I can remember every last detail of it,this was the setlist:

Jailbreak

Waiting For An Alibi

Are You Ready

Emerald

Dancing In The Moonlight

The Massacre (Segued from Dancing In The Moonlight)

Still In Love With You

Suicide

Southbound

Sha La La

*Drum Solo*

Don't Believe A Word

Rosalie

Cowboy Song

The Boy's Are Back In Town (The Segue from Cowboy Song)

FIRST ENCORE:

Cold Sweat

SECOND AND FINAL ENCORE:

Black Rose

tell me what you think of this great band!I love them and always will!

I like them, don't have much of their stuff though, just "Jailbreak" on vinyl and a double "Greatest Hits" CD. I used to have "Live & Dangerous" on cassette as well, but it got lost at some point.

I can still remember Tommy Vance announcing Phil Lynott's death on the Friday Rock Show all those years ago.

I like them, don't have much of their stuff though, just "Jailbreak" on vinyl and a double "Greatest Hits" CD. I used to have "Live & Dangerous" on cassette as well, but it got lost at some point.

I can still remember Tommy Vance announcing Phil Lynott's death on the Friday Rock Show all those years ago.

Hey Thanks!Jailbreak is one of the greatest albums of all time IMHO and Live And Dangerous is only matched for the crown of best live album by HTWWW,Lizzy rocked!

musically, they were brilliant... the duel harmony guitars were an amazing sound that hadnt been heard of before... and phil was a legend on bass...

and, I'd put him near the top of rockers who live the rock and roll live style... it was unfortionate that he died

a remember a member of NIGHT RANGER saying... "Whoever says they wernt influenced by Thin Lizzy, is full of shit!"

Edited by zosodude13

Former Drive-By Trucker guitarist/vocalist/songwriter Jason Isbell and his band the 400 Unit tear Jailbreak a new asshole in concert. This is the only clip I could find of them doing it, unfortunately the sound quality isn't the best.

Edited by Jahfin

Oh god yea,Fighting is soooo underrated,Johnny The Fox is good,but my favourite is Live And Dangerous.

I'm gonna have to revisit my Thin Lizzy collection.

Live and Dangerous is great.We also have 'Chinatown, Renegade,Thunder and Lightning.

To me those last 3 were a kinda turning point.Great stuff.Reminds me of high school. :thumbsup:

Getting stoned and listening to the Angel of Death. Good times

I'm gonna have to revisit my Thin Lizzy collection.

Live and Dangerous is great.We also have 'Chinatown, Renegade,Thunder and Lightning.

To me those last 3 were a kinda turning point.Great stuff.Reminds me of high school. :thumbsup:

Getting stoned and listening to the Angel of Death. Good times

Oh yea,that reminds me,Angel Of Death is HUGELY underrated,and those last 3 are kinda sad because it was the end of an era.What's your fav Thin Lizzy track?I love Dancing In The Moonlight.

Oh yea,that reminds me,Angel Of Death is HUGELY underrated,and those last 3 are kinda sad because it was the end of an era.What's your fav Thin Lizzy track?I love Dancing In The Moonlight.

True about the last three albums.

don't really have a favorite but I was browsing some songs and Chinatown jumped out at me. Killer on the Loose. another good one.

Whiskey in the Jar.

Man I gotta hook up my turntable. :lol:

True about the last three albums.

don't really have a favorite but I was browsing some songs and Chinatown jumped out at me. Killer on the Loose. another good one.

Whiskey in the Jar.

Man I gotta hook up my turntable. :lol:

Ah yes,Whiskey In The Jar,the only disappointment in that otherwise fine night was that they didn't play it,instead they did Black Rose,fine by me!Still missed Whiskey though.

Ah, the mighty Thin Lizzy. Always on my list of essential listens.

No matter what has been said about Live and Dangerous not entirely been the genuine article..it remains one of my favourite "live" albums. Phils legendary "Is there anyone here with any Irish in them.." line is a classic. Soooo rock n roll..always brings a smile to my face :D

I'm listening to The Boy's Are Back In Town right now!!! :) Love that song!!!

Probably my least favorite Thin Lizzy song, not to mention one that Classic Rock radio played into the fuckin' ground eons ago. Like Stairway and Freebird and many others, I could go for years without ever having to hear it again. No fault of Thin Lizzy's own but that of radio programmers who are under the misguided notion that we want to hear the same exact shit over and over again.

• 2 weeks later...
I had to post this,i had to know how many fans there were out there,my Christmas present last year from my parents was two tickets to them,the John Sykes/Scott Gorham revival thing,they were incredible!I can remember every last detail of it,this was the setlist:

Jailbreak

Waiting For An Alibi

Are You Ready

Emerald

Dancing In The Moonlight

The Massacre (Segued from Dancing In The Moonlight)

Still In Love With You

Suicide

Southbound

Sha La La

*Drum Solo*

Don't Believe A Word

Rosalie

Cowboy Song

The Boy's Are Back In Town (The Segue from Cowboy Song)

FIRST ENCORE:

Cold Sweat

SECOND AND FINAL ENCORE:

Black Rose

tell me what you think of this great band!I love them and always will!

wasnt Sykes in Blue Murder for awhile?