Coverdale/Page

Cat

On 8/31/2023 at 2:40 PM, 1975NQ said:

I have nothing profound or insightful to add to this thread. But I wanted to make some comments, as this album has really gotten into my bloodstream this year. I bought it when it first came out back in 93, at the ripe old age of 22. Back then, I was "too cool for school" and dismissed the album after a few listens, mainly due to Coverdale vocals and lyrics.

Fast forward to today, and I love every single song on the album - not a dud in the batch. Yes, the lyrics are occasionally cheesy ... but so what? It's genuine, heartfelt and sincere front-to-back. And the thing just ROCKS and is extremely well-produced imo. A fantastic album that deserves the occasional ribbing (those background gravelly "aahhs" on "Shake My Tree" make me chuckle every time) it gets. It's fun as hell and - as many others have mentioned - hugely under-appreciated. 

Completely agree, it's good, unapologetic bluesy hard rock.  I still listen to it fairly frequently, unlike say The Firm which did not age well IMO.  Definitely Page's best output post-Zep.  

• 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

So has anyone received their blue vinyl Coverdale/Page yet and care to review how it sounds??? I'm late ordering mine but I believe I am absolutely ordering it tonight as a Christmas gift to myself!

Edited by luvlz2

The LP has been reissued in Japan in analog format for the first time anywhere in the world.

At the time of "Coverdale Page"'s original release, analog vinyl was produced in small quantities, and the 61-minute album was contained on a single LP.

This first Japanese analog release, which arrived on November 22, has been made available on four sides of 2LP with transparent blue vinyl, for the best sound quality.

https://blabbermouth.net/news/coverdale-page-album-reissued-in-japan-on-transparent-blue-vinyl-for-30th-anniversary

That's a good point. I didn't know that, so it's worth buying.

I thought there was nothing special about it because of this Led Zep News:

"But the re-release of the album that hit shops in Japan this week contains no bonus content, hasn’t been remastered, and isn’t being promoted by either Coverdale or Page".

CoverdalePagecoloredvinyl..thumb.jpg.7fb39e9fc12886aa740b2337670e2769.jpg

I made sure to have distraction free time last night and gave it a good listen on high volume and I am blown away by the superior quality of the sound! Take me for a little while knocked me out how good that was. The whole album sounded absolutely brilliant! 10 out of 10 stars. Without listening to my old copy to compare, I am going to say this new release is superior to anything previously released.

Edited by luvlz2