Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Cat

Coverdale/Page

On 3/13/2018 at 11:24 PM, reids said:

Heres the interview from earlier today.

At 13:00 DC talks about John & Jason Bonham. At 27:30 He discusses JP (from my requested call).

R😎

For those that missed it, here’s the original content with direct times of interview. It’s always good to hear word that DC & JP both are interested in revisiting CP at some point as well as their record label seeing the value of a remix/remaster with bonus content for the fans. Most of it as we know is on Youtube. 

R😎

21 hours ago, jmorton said:

Here is a direct link to the Coverdale Page discussion between DC and Trunk

It's been amazing to me how Jimmy and Coverdale have remained friends after all this time all things considered.

What things?

Plant? I think Jimmy is old enough to have his own friends

Regarding any sort of bonus material in a remaster, I would like to hear versions of the songs stripped of their big production and some live stuff from the Japanese dates.

will never happen though.

11 hours ago, reids said:

R😎🎸

^^^

Japanese tour rehearsals in Los Angeles in early December 1993.

5 hours ago, SteveAJones said:

^^^

Japanese tour rehearsals in Los Angeles in early December 1993.

Oops. Thx, Steve. I linked wrong one in on this post. I’ll update. 

R😎

13 hours ago, reids said:

Oops. Thx, Steve. I linked wrong one in on this post. I’ll update. 

R😎

Actually, you're fine Reid. The uploader to You Tube titled it a "Studio Jam" so I thought I'd put it in it's proper historical context.

4 hours ago, SteveAJones said:

Actually, you're fine Reid. The uploader to You Tube titled it a "Studio Jam" so I thought I'd put it in it's proper historical context.

Ok. Thx, Steve. 

R😎

Interesting tid bit from Coverdale regarding one of the songs on the upcoming Whitesnake album

"The riff-heavy Flesh & Blood includes one track, "Gonna Be Alright," built from a riff written for what was supposed to be a second Coverdale-Page album with Jimmy Page that never transpired. "It's been sitting gathering dust for 20-odd years 'til destiny proved (Hoekstra) was the one to finish it off for me," Coverdale notes."

I would love to hear the 4-5 unreleased tracks and see a documentary made up of the extensive video footage shot by David Coverdale.  This is by far my favorite post-Led Zeppelin Jimmy Page project and that includes the two albums that he did with Robert Plant.  This album gets revisited often at my house.  Day one purchase.