The Ten Club

bigstickbonzo

pearljamlogo.jpg

A place where fellow "ED-HEADS" and fans of Pearl Jam can discuss their music, albums, favorite concerts, least favorite concerts, Mother Love Bone, Temple of the Dog, the many talents (and bands)of Matt Cameron, Ed Vedder's wine obsession, Stone Gossard's interesting backing vocals and all else that is Pearl Jam.

pearljam5.jpg

For anyone looking for a great live album, checker this bad boy out. Despite all the bootleggs they released within the last decade, this proves to be the most well rounded live effort they've put out.

i guess you can say i'm somewhat of a fan...bonnaroo next summer will be show #32 for me! if anyone can hope to replicate zeppelin in today's rock world, it is pearl jam. now if only zep changed up their setlists as much as PJ does!! LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE pearl jam

I love Pearl Jam. I haven't had much time to "keep up" with them lately, though. :(

I used to wait at the music stores for the release when they were in their heyday. :yay:

I was convinced that Eddie Vedder was going to meet me and want to marry me. :lol:

I have to second the commotion for the Live at the Gorge box set, there's a bit of crossover from disc to disc but overall the performances throughout showcase just what a powerhouse live band Pearl Jam are at this stage of their career. Another fine example is the just released Immagine in Cornice DVD which doesn't show them letting up one iota.

Overall, I love their entire catalog with my favorite being Vs. I also enjoy No Code, which never seems to get enough love. Binaural is probably my least favorite. I don't hate it by any stretch of the imagination but for whatever reason, I've just never been able to fully connect with that record. I also enjoy Riot Act as well as their self titled new one. The first few tracks capture Pearl Jam in a frenzy which is very remincent of their earlier sound. While top heavy with some of the albums more heavy tracks, the rest of the record is balanced out with other touchtones of the Pearl Jam sound that make it one of their very best studio efforts in years.

I also highly recommend the very excellent Benaroya Hall double live acoustic record as well as the odds n' ends collection Lost Dogs if they're not already part of your collection.

I have the Live in Boise, Idaho (2000? 2001?) album. I think it's awesome that Pearl Jam issues the shows. I was actually thinking about it the other day--smart of Vedder, Ament and the gang to issue them because then there's not such a commotion regarding boots.

Vs. also happens to be my fav album, but I lean heavy to Yield too. Lost Dogs could possibly be the greatest album composed of B-sides ever. And I agree Jahfin, Binaural is a hard listen for me as well.

I've heard many of their live recordings, and as good as they are they usually just don't do the band justice. Their live performance is just amazing.

The best live act out there right now. I've been to few shows where the energy is anywhere near the electricity of a Pearl Jam concert.

Vs. is a fantastic album. Definitely my fav up there with Ten!

I actually like Binaural... More than No Code and Riot Act (My least fav PJ albums).. I think songs like Light Years, Insignificance & Rival are some of PJ's best work!

Yield is great too! Brain Of J, Faithful, Do The Evolution... Classic! B)

Everyone should listen to the July 14th 2003 Holmdel NJ show....the last bit of the setlist in particular...

Hunger Strike (Temple of The Dog cover, done with Corin Tucker of Sleater Kinney on backup vocals)

Leaving Here (Eddie Holland cover)

Fortunate Son (CCR cover)

Rockin' In The Free World (Neil Young cover)

Yellow Ledbetter

It's even more fucking awesome than you imagine

Everyone should listen to the July 14th 2003 Holmdel NJ show....the last bit of the setlist in particular...

Hunger Strike (Temple of The Dog cover, done with Corin Tucker of Sleater Kinney on backup vocals)

Leaving Here (Eddie Holland cover)

Fortunate Son (CCR cover)

Rockin' In The Free World (Neil Young cover)

Yellow Ledbetter

It's even more fucking awesome than you imagine

PJ's "Rockin' In The Free World" is ridiculously good.

I got into Pearl Jam back in 95. They actually helped me get into Zeppelin.

I love the progression of the band through the years. In my opinion they have gotten stronger each tour since 1998. They were so good in 05/06 it was almost hard to believe. They are on right now and I look forward to seeing where they take it over the next couple of years. Bonnaroo, here we come!

Check out some of that progression:

http://pearljamlive.com/

This is all legal. Pearl Jam allows tapers and has made it clear that streaming there shows is good by them.

Archived