Luis Rey, Led Zepp Live.

ISIS

Will Luis Rey ever update his excellent book "Led Zeppelin Live"?

The last "final edition" was published in 1997 and he could not have realised how many more shows could have been unearthed.

It really would be great to have his book updated as he is such an authority on the band live in concert.

Did Luis see the 02 show as I know he never saw them 68 -80?

I love his book, and have used it a LOT for reference. Yeah, it would be great to see it updated with all the soundboard tapes that have come to light, especially from the '75 tour. I just wonder if the demand is there. I'm guessing not, since the book is out of print, isn't it?

I wore my copy of the final edition down to the point hat it is incredibly dog eared and the photos are falling out. That book has meant more to my being a Led Zeppelin fan than any other. I've been watching eBay for a copy in better condition and seen multiple listings of the second edition but NEVER the final edition. It would be a shame if it really were out of print because of lack of demand.

I think Luis Reyes is wonderful. He writes slightly left of center . . . like Jimmy plays!

Yeah, mine has seen better days too, I've beat it up pretty good!

It's not available on Amazon.com, so I'm assuming it's not available anywhere. So yeah, Ebay probably is your best bet...

Yeah. I've even tried at the Hot Wacks website a time or two. I suppose if I watched consistently I might have a shot there as well.

I also hope that he sees fit to write a new edition. Lots of great tapes have come out since then, he'd have a lot to write about.

I have went through 3 copies myself . :blink: I had the one with Page wearing the purple pants with Bonzo in the background. I believe it was his second edition? the one he did before his final edition....that book was my Bible no doubt!..... and I also found that I have the same taste as Luis. the guy nails it right to the tee for me.

I have no idea what he is doing now'a days, but I am sure he would just have a field day reviewing some of the newer shows, like: MSG 9/19/70 -The Whisky 1/5/69-the new October 12, Radio brodcast boot from the Lyceum-all the boards from 75+77 and the recent O2 show. and what he thinks about the Matrix's that are out there.

Maybe the reason why he hasn't made another edition is because he is waiting for the bootleg flood to end. I am hoping that this flood will end in such a way as, saving the best for last!....(no need to coment on those shows, as we all feel the same on that one I can bet). and also the possibility of a Zeppelin tour in 2008-09.

I hope that the review he gave for the official BBC sessions 2 CD release in 1997. and his final edition won't be the last we will hear from good old Luis Rey......

I have went through 3 copies myself . :blink: I had the one with Page wearing the purple pants with Bonzo in the background. I believe it was his second edition? the one he did before his final edition....that book was my Bible no doubt!..... and I also found that I have the same taste as Luis. the guy nails it right to the tee for me.

I have no idea what he is doing now'a days, but I am sure he would just have a field day reviewing some of the newer shows, like: MSG 9/19/70 -The Whisky 1/5/69-the new October 12, Radio brodcast boot from the Lyceum-all the boards from 75+77 and the recent O2 show. and what he thinks about the Matrix's that are out there.

Maybe the reason why he hasn't made another edition is because he is waiting for the bootleg flood to end. I am hoping that this flood will end in such a way as, saving the best for last!....(no need to coment on those shows, as we all feel the same on that one I can bet). and also the possibility of a Zeppelin tour in 2008-09.

I hope that the review he gave for the official BBC sessions 2 CD release in 1997. and his final edition won't be the last we will hear from good old Luis Rey......

without a doubt the best book on zep. i have final edition and have kept an eye out for a back up copy. they crop up on e-bay from time to time.

I was lucky to meet Luis and get him to sign my "Bible" at the 1997 zeppelin convention in Niagara Falls.......seemed like a very nice guy.

I once asked this question on another chat site and someone replied saying that luis cannot get anyone to give him the money to publish a new edition....somethings like that. Not sure how true that story is but the person that replied to my question was someone that email him on a regular basis so there might be some truth in that story. His other editions were published by hot wax so maybe the problem lies with them? If you Google his name you can get his email address from his website and ask him if he has any intentions of putting together another book........i know he is a Paleontologist (fossil expert) by trade.

would love to see an updated edition of that book (so many new shows).....have owned all three editions and Luis sure knows how to describe a live zeppelin show........good or bad.

cheers

I was lucky to meet Luis and get him to sign my "Bible" at the 1997 zeppelin convention in Niagara Falls.......seemed like a very nice guy.

I once asked this question on another chat site and someone replied saying that luis cannot get anyone to give him the money to publish a new edition....somethings like that. Not sure how true that story is but the person that replied to my question was someone that email him on a regular basis so there might be some truth in that story. His other editions were published by hot wax so maybe the problem lies with them? If you Google his name you can get his email address from his website and ask him if he has any intentions of putting together another book........i know he is a Paleontologist (fossil expert) by trade.

would love to see an updated edition of that book (so many new shows).....have owned all three editions and Luis sure knows how to describe a live zeppelin show........good or bad.

cheers

Paleontologist??? That explains his fascination with rock dinosaurs...Lol!

I haven't heard anything about a new edition, but if someone wants to email him and ask here is his contact address: luisrey@ndirect.co.uk

cheers

I've tried an e mail to Luis but he's not replying at the moment.

• 2 weeks later...

I wonder if luis would ever consider having a website that has all his previous reviews plus all the new shows that have come out over the years since his last book?? maybe a small fee per year to be a member??

anyone been able to get in contact with him?

cheers

I'm in contact with Mr. Rey and he told me he is very busy (so he is a paleontologist scientist and it takes lot of time I think to making all the university responsibilities) and the reason why he didn't reply to most of messages is obvious. We must respect his privacy and work as well as he is a family member. Led Zeppelin is only his great passion not a skill. lol

I'm in contact with Mr. Rey and he told me he is very busy (so he is a paleontologist scientist and it takes lot of time I think to making all the university responsibilities) and the reason why he didn't reply to most of messages is obvious. We must respect his privacy and work as well as he is a family member. Led Zeppelin is only his great passion not a skill. lol

[/quoteIn other words....no book anytime soon, if ever. :(

• 4 years later...

Last I heard: Luis Rey has updated and revamped Led Zeppelin Live completely . He is currently juggling publication possibilities... something will happen soon. Stay tuned!

Archived