Mick Jagger focus of assassination plot

Mick Jagger focus of assassination plot

By THE ASSOCIATED PRESS

jagger256.jpg

Rolling Stones' Mick Jagger sings at Fenway Park in Boston Sunday, Aug. 21, 2005. (AP Photo/Winslow Townson)

LONDON — A new British Broadcasting Corp. documentary claims Rolling Stones singer Mick Jagger escaped an assassination plot hatched in 1969 by the Hells Angels.

A program to be broadcast on BBC Radio 4 on Monday says the rock star was the target of the plot following a purported dispute with the motorcycle gang over concert security.

Jagger had vowed not to use Hells Angel members as bouncers following the death in December 1969 of an 18-year-old fan at a notorious free performance at Altamont Speedway in Northern California.

In return, the BBC claimed that gang members hatched a plan to kill Jagger at his holiday home in Long Island, New York.

Tom Mangold, the presenter of the program, was quoted as telling Britain’s Sunday Telegraph newspaper that The Hells Angels were so angered by Jagger’s treatment of them that they decided to kill him.

He said the men tried to reach Jagger by sea but their boat was hit by a storm and they were thrown overboard and while they all survived, they made no other attempt on his life.

Mangold said the plan was disclosed during an interview with Mark Young, a former FBI officer, for the BBC’s “The FBI at 100“ documentary.

It was not clear whether Jagger was ever informed of the alleged plot against him.

LD Communications, Jagger’s publicists in Britain, did not immediately return calls requesting comment.

The Hells Angels have always denied any connection with the Altamont Speedway killing.

Hi all,

Mick Jagger saw Led Zeppelin at the O2 in December; did you?

Excuse,Ms. Light, :wtf: does that have to do with it? :blink:

This is not the O2 thread.

Now,almost 40 years after the fact the BBC,has a story?

Read Sonny's book,then we will talk about Kate Moss and O2,..... :rolleyes:

KB

What does an ugly fuck corporate poser like Jagger have to do with Zep?

This is the Other Bands / Music section of the board meaning you can post about other bands here. As for Jagger being an "ugly fuck corporate poser". How soon we forget Zeppelin and Plant have allowed their songs to be used for corporate gain. The latest being that JC Penney commercial featuring Plant and Krauss' cover of Killin' the Blues.

Mick Jagger is by far the greatest front man in the history of rock n' roll and one of the most intelligent, articulate and sophisticated members of rock the world has ever known.

His influence upon popular music AND popular culture is undeniable.

Edited by SteveAJones

Mick Jagger is by far the greatest front man in the history of rock n' roll and one of the most intelligent, articulate and sophisticated members of rock the world has ever known.

Greatest frontman? Right...

Funny how no one has had a thing to say about the article itself, something I find rather revelatory. Lots of people tend to just see a headline and comment without even reading what the fucking thread is about. Case in point, the person that posted about Jagger being a "poser".

He's certainly one of the best. I love the Stones. My dad was really into, and I guess he passed that on to me.

Funny how no one has had a thing to say about the article itself, something I find rather revelatory. Lots of people tend to just see a headline and comment without even reading what the fucking thread is about. Case in point, the person that posted about Jagger being a "poser".

There's a point for ya!! :) :)