Led Zeppelin Gear

For the concert, they all got out their old Zep gear..

I saw that JPJ's Mellotron remains in storage.. but where?

Where is this secret vault of Zep gear?

and where do they keep the master tapes for their albums/cocnerts?

(..and where can i get a copy of page's dragon suit.. :rolleyes: )

Since i like to be the first one to reply. I belive that they brought there own instruments, but the P.A was a rental i read. I always heard of jimmy's secert vault, but i can't validate that. Jonesy owns the mellowtron(ithink it was) since when he did his first solo tour, he still had a note about kashmir on it. Some of his other keyboard steup were sold to other musciains, i can't remeber what or who.

Jonesy owns the mellowtron(ithink it was) since when he did his first solo tour, he still had a note about kashmir on it.

"Kashmir - remember the Coda".

Most of the gear would be in storage I suppose.

Master studio tapes are likely kept in the Atlantic vault. Many of the soundboard masters were stolen from Jimmy's house and copies are now easily available.

I belive that they brought there own instruments, but the P.A was a rental i read.

Bands don't usually own PA rigs of that size (not economical) so they hire for tours/events. Led Zeppelin chartered two Boeing 747's to transport a Showco PA from Dallas, Texas, for the Earls Court gigs in 1975, as no such rig was available in the UK at the time.

RB

Jimmy has said that he still owns a great deal of his Zepp costumes, including the famous black "dragon suit"!

Some them are occasionally lent out to museums. I have seen the dragon suit on display at the R&R HOF, and John Paul Jones's infamous "onion jacket" was there too!

For the concert, they all got out their old Zep gear..

I saw that JPJ's Mellotron remains in storage.. but where?

Where is this secret vault of Zep gear?

and where do they keep the master tapes for their albums/cocnerts?

(..and where can i get a copy of page's dragon suit.. :rolleyes: )

The 'secret vault' is at No1 Secret House, Secret Street, Secretown Secretshire SP1 1SP :whistling:

But please don't tell anyone cos its a secret <_<

Jimmy has said that he still owns a great deal of his Zepp costumes, including the famous black "dragon suit"!

Some them are occasionally lent out to museums. I have seen the dragon suit on display at the R&R HOF, and John Paul Jones's infamous "onion jacket" was there too!

I love JPJ, but that jacket! :huh:

Archived