What would you say to Robert, or Jimmy?

Ron

After the initial starstruck awkwardness I would thank them for Kashmir and Stairway To Heaven, and being part of my life's memories since 1969.

Then I would want a big hug from each one of them, then I would go on my merry way in blissful euphoria.

ok.. i'll post my funny but 'i understand if you don't believe it' story...

a couple of years ago i walked into my local (at the time) greengrocer's and waited behind the only other customer in there.

saw the hair... then the 'mystical' ring on finger etc... NO WAY...!

he had a £10 note out waiting to pay for bananas :D

and then i knew.. as i heard him chatting away to the grocer, obviously someone he had talked to before.. it was regarding wolverhampton wanderers and he refered to paul ince, who i believe at the time was coming to the end of his career (footy fans!)

so obviously i'm standing behind robert plant in a fresh fruit and vegetable shop and just clammed up completely.. i mean it was way too surreal!!

my only consolation in retrospect was that he did turn around and gave me a glance at one stage (and then turned back again quickly) so i can say that robert has seen me in the flesh.. ha ha!

i found out while i was living there that there's a famous recording studio located around the area too (i found it but had to look hard) so maybe if he didn't live there he was recording and knew the local shop keepers already..

i ran back to my flat (mushrooms in bag!) and just burst out laughing.. my wife came running in and i told her.. i think she believes me but she's the only one.. the story sounds like bulls++t i know but i thought i'd post anyway as i saw this thread and am one of those people who had the chance but... just didn't take it :blush:

btw.. incase anyone else 'in the know' can clarify.. the area was primrose hill in london.

ok.. i'll post my funny but 'i understand if you don't believe it' story...

a couple of years ago i walked into my local (at the time) greengrocer's and waited behind the only other customer in there.

saw the hair... then the 'mystical' ring on finger etc... NO WAY...!

he had a £10 note out waiting to pay for bananas :D

and then i knew.. as i heard him chatting away to the grocer, obviously someone he had talked to before.. it was regarding wolverhampton wanderers and he refered to paul ince, who i believe at the time was coming to the end of his career (footy fans!)

so obviously i'm standing behind robert plant in a fresh fruit and vegetable shop and just clammed up completely.. i mean it was way too surreal!!

my only consolation in retrospect was that he did turn around and gave me a glance at one stage (and then turned back again quickly) so i can say that robert has seen me in the flesh.. ha ha!

i found out while i was living there that there's a famous recording studio located around the area too (i found it but had to look hard) so maybe if he didn't live there he was recording and knew the local shop keepers already..

i ran back to my flat (mushrooms in bag!) and just burst out laughing.. my wife came running in and i told her.. i think she believes me but she's the only one.. the story sounds like bulls++t i know but i thought i'd post anyway as i saw this thread and am one of those people who had the chance but... just didn't take it :blush:

btw.. incase anyone else 'in the know' can clarify.. the area was primrose hill in london.

OMG! You blew your one shot!

• 2 months later...

Archived