1. I got no problems with Mormons, TypeO, and

2. It was quite obviously a harmless spoof bit, and

3. "pointed derision" directed at Mormons? Puh-lease. :rolleyes:

In the "brief bio" part of the spoof it says, among other things,:

"Born Mormon

Has five Mormon sons

Doesn't talk about being Mormon

Still Mormon"

No "pointed derision" directed at Mormons there, muh-man.

Being Mormon is in fact part of Romney's bio,.. aint it?

Re: Romney's pros & cons as a McCain VP candidate, it states:

"Con: Mormons disliked by many evangelicals".

No "pointed derision" there either, muh-man. That's pretty much

merely a simple statement of a commonly known fact,.. aint it?

The spoof goes on to say:

"Brings to ticket: Could secure the obscenely-wealthy-New-

England-Mormons-who-are-deeply-unprincipled voting block".

The "pointed derision" there is not directed at

Mormons, it's directed at Mitt Romney,.. aint it?

Methinks you're grasping at "pointed derision" straws, bud. :whistling:

Having said that, however,.. afaic, Mormonism is no more

exempt from being poked fun at than any other religion is. ;)

Frankly, I'm surprised the spoof didn't make

any mention of Romney's magic underwear. :P^_^

:beer:

:hippy:

Actually, I missed the link - thought you wrote it.

My bad.

When my cousin David got married 2 years ago, various members of the church spent the whole of the reception trying to convert us. They kept sending people over with pamphlets, books, it pissed my father off to the point where he knocked a table over and stormed out. My cousin and his new wife were embarrassed to tears by what was going on, but what could they do? The church paid for all this, they weren't going to bite the hand that fed them.

The Mormon church paid for the wedding? Or the reception? Or both?

The Mormon church paid for the wedding? Or the reception? Or both?

Their particular church paid for both. Not the Mormon church as a whole, but the church that they went to. My uncle and his family are like super-awesome donators and all that mess, so they footed the bill for the reception to be held on church grounds and for the flowers in the church and stuff like that. it wasn't expensive, but it wasn't cheap.

Where did this list come from del? Obvious propaganda, but some interesting things to look into. I'd like to consider the source before I spend too much time it though. Thanks.

Obama's 50 lies

1.)” Selma Got Me Born ” - LIAR, your parents felt safe enough to have you in 1961 -

Selma had no effect on your birth, as Selma was in 1965.

2.) Father Was A Goat Herder - LIAR, he was a privileged, well educated youth,

who went on to work with the Kenyan Government.

3.) Father Was A Proud Freedom Fighter - LIAR, he was part of one of the most

corrupt and violent governments Kenya has ever had.

4.) My Family Has Strong Ties To African Freedom - LIAR, your cousin Raila Odinga

has created mass violence in attempting to overturn a legitimate election in 2007, in

Kenya. It is the first widespread violence in Decades.

5.) My Grandmother Has Always Been A Christian - LIAR, she does her daily ” Salat “

prayers at 5 a.m. according to her own interviews. Not to mention, Christianity

wouldn’t allow her to have been ‘one’ of 14 wives to 1 man.

6.) My Name is African; Swahili - LIAR, your Name is Arabic and ‘Baraka’ ( from

which Barack came ) means ‘blessed’ in that language . Hussein is also Arabic, and so is

OBAMA .

7.) I Never Practiced Islam - LIAR, you practiced it daily at school, where you

were Registered as a MUSLIM and kept that Faith for 31 years, until your wife made you

change, so You could run for Office.

8.) My School In Indonesia Was Christian - LIAR, you were Registered as MUSLIM

there, and got in trouble in Koranic Studies for ‘making faces’ ( check your own book ).

9.) I Was Fluent In Indonesian - LIAR, not One teacher says, You could speak that

Language.

10.) Because I Lived In Indonesia, I Have More Foreign Experience - LIAR, You

were There from the ages of 6 to 10, and couldn’t even speak the language.

What did you learn, how to study the Koran and watch Cartoons ?

11.) I Am Stronger On Foreign Affairs - LIAR, except for Africa ( surprise ) and

the Middle East ( bigger surprise ), you have never been Anywhere else on the planet and have NO Experience with Our closest Allies .

12.) I Blame My Early Drug Use On Ethnic Confusion - LIAR, you were quite content

in High School to be “Barry” Obama, no mention of KENYA and no mention of ‘ struggle to

Identify ‘ - your classmates said You were just fine.

13.) An EBONY Magazine Article Moved Me To Run For Office - LIAR, Ebony has yet to find the

Article you mention in your Book . It doesn’t, and Never did , exist .

14.) A LIFE Magazine Article Changed My Outlook On Life - LIAR, Life has yet to

find the Article you mention in your Book. It doesn’t, and never did, exist.

15.) I Won’t Run On A National Ticket In ‘08 - LIAR, here you are, despite

saying, “live” on TV, that You would Not have enough Experience by then, and You are all

about, having: ‘Experience First’ .

16.) Present Votes Are Common In Illinois - LIAR, they are common for YOU, but

not many others have 130 ” NO VOTES ” .

17.) Oops, I Mis-voted - LIAR, only when caught by Church groups and democrats,

did you beg to change your mis-vote.

18.) I Was A Professor Of Law - LIAR, you were a ” senior lecturer “, ON LEAVE .

19.) I Was A Constitutional Lawyer - LIAR, you were a “senior lecturer” ON LEAVE !

20.) Without Me, There Would Be No Ethics Bill - LIAR, You didn’t Write it,

Introduce it, Change it, nor Create it!

21.) The Ethics Bill Was Hard To Pass - LIAR, it took just 14 days from Start to

Finish .

22.) I Wrote A Tough Nuclear Bill - LIAR, your Bill was Rejected by Your own

Party for its pandering and LACK of all Regulation - mainly because of your Nuclear

Donor, EXELON from which, DAVID AXELROD came .

23.) I Have Released My State Records - LIAR, as of March 2008, State Bills You

sponsored or voted for, have Yet to be released, exposing all the ” special-interests pork “

hidden, within .

24.) I Took On The Asbestos Altgeld Gardens mess - LIAR, you were Part of a large

group of people who ‘remedied’ Altgeld Gardens. You failed to mention Anyone else but

Yourself in your books.

25.) My Economics Bill Will Help America - LIAR, your 111 economic policies were

just combined into a Proposal which Lost 99 - 0 , and even YOU voted AGAINST Your own bill.

26.) I Have Been A Bold Leader In Illinois - LIAR, even your own Supporters claim

to have “not seen” BOLD action, on Your part.

27.) I Passed 26 Of My Own Bills In One Year - LIAR, they were Not YOUR Bills,

but rather handed ‘ to ‘ You after their creation by a fellow Senator, to assist You in a

Future bid for higher Office.

28.) No One Contacted Canada About N.A.F.T.A. - LIAR, the Canadian Government issued

the names and ” a Memo of ” the CONVERSATION, Your Campaign had with Them .

29.) I Am Tough On Terrorism - LIAR, you missed the Iran Resolution Vote on

Terrorism and your good friend ALI ABUNIMAH supports the Destruction of Israel.

30.) I Am Not Acting As President, Yet - LIAR, after the N.A.F.T.A. Memo, a dead

terrorist in the F.A.R.C. in Colombia, was found with a letter stating how You and he, were

working Together on getting F.A.R.C. recognized Officially.

31.) I Didn’t Run Ads In Florida - LIAR, you allowed National ads to run 8-12

times per Day, for TWO weeks - and you still : Lost .

32.) I Won Michigan - LIAR, No You Didn’t.

33.) I won Nevada - LIAR, NO You did NOT.

34.) I Want All Votes To Count - LIAR, you said: ” let the Delegates decide “.

35.) I Want Americans To Decide - LIAR, you prefer Caucuses that Limit the Vote,

Confuse the voters, Force a Public vote, and only operate during Small ‘windows’ of time .

36.) I passed 900 Bills in the State Senate - LIAR, you passed 26 ; most of which

you didn’t write Yourself.

37.) My Campaign Was Extorted By A Friend - LIAR, that friend is threatening to

sue if you Do Not stop Saying this. ( Obama ‘has’ stopped saying this. )

38.) I Believe In Fairness, Not Tactics - LIAR, you used “Tactics” to eliminate

Alice PALMER from running against you.

39.) I Don’t Take P.A.C. Money - LIAR, you take loads of it.

40.) I don’t ‘have’ Lobbysists - LIAR, you have over 47 Lobbyists, and counting.

41.) My Campaign Had Nothing To Do With The 1984 Advertisement - LIAR, your own campaign

worker made the ad’ on his Apple in one afternoon !

42.) My Campaign Never Took Over MySpace - LIAR, Tom who started MySpace issued

a Warning about this advertising, to MySpace clients.

43.) I Inspire People With My Words - LIAR, you inspire people with OTHER

people’s Words.

44.) I Have Passed Bills In The U. S. Senate - LIAR, you have passed “A BILL”, in the U. S. Senate - for Africa, which shows YOUR priorities.

45.) I Have Always Been Against Iraq - LIAR, you weren’t ‘in Office’ to vote against it, unlike Kucinich who seems to be out gutting You, Obama ; AND, you have voted to Fund it Every single time . You also seem to be ’stepping back’, from your Departure date - AGAIN .

46.) I Have Always Supported Universal Health Care - LIAR, your ‘plan’ leaves us All to Pay the narrow 15,000,000 who ‘don’t have to’ Buy it.

47.) I Only Found Out About My Investment Conflicts Via Mail - LIAR, both Companies, You cite as having sent you letters about this Conflict, have ” No Record ” of Any such letter ever being created, or sent.

48.) I Am As Patriotic As Anyone - LIAR, you won’t wear a Flag pin and you don’t put your hand over your heart during the National Anthem.

49.) My Wife Didn’t Mean What She Said About Pride In Country - LIAR, your wife’s words follow lock-step in the vein of WRIGHT and FARRAHKAN, in relation to their Contempt and hatred of America .

50.) WAL-MART Is a Company I Wouldn’t Support - LIAR, your WIFE has received nearly a Quarter of a Million dollars through ” TREEHOUSE “, which is connected to Wal-Mart

The genius of John McCain:

http://blog.washingtonpost.com/the-trail/2..._iran_joke.html

McCain's Latest Iran Joke

By Michael D. Shear

Sen. John McCain hasn't had good luck joking about Iran. But he tried it again Tuesday.

Responding to a question about a survey that shows increased exports to

Iran, mainly from cigarettes, McCain said, "Maybe thats a way of killing them."

He quickly caught himself, saying "I meant that as a joke" as his wife, Cindy, poked him in the back.

Last time, it was also Iran. His singing about bombing Iran to the theme of the Beach Boy' "Barbara Ann" drew derision from many quarters but a "lighten up" response from McCain.

Ah yes, the classic "I was only joking" retort. Used by people for centuries to excuse downright stupid, insensitive and ridiculous comments that they wish they hadn't uttered. Considering the current climate in the Middle East right now, perhaps joking about killing the people of a country that has the capability to blow our country into little rocks, might not be the smartest thing to do. I don't know though, maybe I'm just crazy like that.

And the winner is? Whoever gets elected now must realize what a threat Iran really is. They have now made public threats against "their enemies". The United States and Israel. I don't think Obama's comments were as good as McCain's on how to deal with them. Diplomacy will not work with this dictator they have. We will have to be prepared for the worst militarily speaking.

The winner is the one related to the current president and virtually every other president in this nations history(and the british royals too btw). Do a little digging and you'll find out which one it is. You think this has happened by accident?

Oh look, you actually used my screen name. Hold on while I go get a cookie for you.

Does it really bother you what Mc. Cain, a man that served his Country and spent years in a prisoner of war camp has to say, or joke about this tyrant?

I don't particularly want ANY Presidential candidate cracking jokes about dictators, especially those of countries that if they so choose, could blow us to smithereens. It's in poor taste, I don't care if he did spend time in a POW camp. And the fact he did doesn't affect my opinion of him one bit. I have no problem with McCain the person, it's McCain the politician I don't like. I've never discredited his service to this country, nor have I said anything bad about him FOR serving his country. It's a non-issue to me, I don't look at those things as a reason to vote or not vote for someone or a reason to agree/not agree with someone.

Did you ever think that maybe Mc.Cain understands "Little Hitler" and knows how to deal with him better then you?

Point out to me where I said that I could deal with Iran better than John McCain. Go on, I'll wait. I said I don't want him cracking stupid jokes about killing Iranians, that doesn't mean I think I can do his job better than he can. Focus now, dear.

electrophile, have you ever read any of the things that the "Little Hitler" of Iran says. Does it really bother you what Mc. Cain, a man that served his Country and spent years in a prisoner of war camp has to say, or joke about this tyrant? Did you ever think that maybe Mc.Cain understands "Little Hitler" and knows how to deal with him better then you? Maybe saying these jokes is sending the "Scum bag of Iran" a message. And, do not worry about them turning us into small rocks, if they attempted to ...............they would be a sea of glass long before they could pull it off.

Afaic, McCain's having been a POW doesn't give him carte blanche to be reckless in the things he says about the leaders of other nations (or about the people of other nations) while running for the highest office in our nation. With each passing day John McCain becomes more and more of an embarrassment.. to himself, to the republican party, and to America. He's so pathetic I almost feel sorry for him.

Apparently McCain thinks he has carte blanche to use his time as a

POW as a handy political pandering tool which he can lie about at will. :rolleyes:

-------------

*How About Those… Steelers?*

Terrible Towels are waving at half-staff today. It was only Wednesday when Senator John McCain was talking about how Pittsburgh’s beloved Steelers helped him get through his years in a North Vietnamese prison.

“When I was first interrogated and really had to give some information because of the physical pressures that were on me, I named the starting lineup — defensive line — of the Pittsburgh Steelers as my squadron-mates,” he told KDKA-TV in Pittsburgh, a city filled with the white, working-class voters who could be up for grabs in November (many of whom also happen to be diehard football fans).

But Mr. McCain evidently confused the Black and Gold with the Green and Gold. In his 1999 memoir, Mr. McCain wrote that he recited the names of Green Bay Packers. As sports fans were quick to point out, the Steelers version of Mr. McCain’s story just did not make much sense. Mr. McCain, a Navy brat, had no ties to Pittsburgh, and the team was in the middle of a streak of losing seasons in 1966, the year before he was shot down. Meanwhile, the Packers that season won the first Super Bowl. His campaign said it was simply a mistake.

---------------

Is Mccain a shameless panderer, a shameless liar, or just.. uhh.. "forgetful"? slapface.gif If he's just "forgetful".. that begs the question: given that forgetfulness and mistakes seem to be happening on an almost daily basis with McCain, is he too "forgetful" *cough*verging on senility*cough* to be POTUS? :whistling:

mccain-whaaa.jpg

"What?.. it was the Packers and not the Steelers? Says who?!

Says me? Who's me? Tell me he don't know Jack! Hey, maybe Jack

said it was the Steelers. I told him it was the Packers, dammit! Then

again who the hell am I to question me? Me knows more than I do

about it. He was the Steelers coach when I played for the Packers.

Can I have some pudding? Did I just pee? Is it nap time yet?"

Afaic, McCain's having been a POW doesn't give him carte blanche to be reckless in the things he says about the leaders of other nations (or about the people of other nations) while running for the highest office in our nation. With each passing day John McCain becomes more and more of an embarrassment.. to himself, to the republican party, and to America. He's so pathetic I almost feel sorry for him.

Apparently McCain thinks he has carte blanche to use his time as a

POW as a handy political pandering tool which he can lie about at will. :rolleyes:

-------------

*How About Those… Steelers?*

Terrible Towels are waving at half-staff today. It was only Wednesday when Senator John McCain was talking about how Pittsburgh’s beloved Steelers helped him get through his years in a North Vietnamese prison.

“When I was first interrogated and really had to give some information because of the physical pressures that were on me, I named the starting lineup — defensive line — of the Pittsburgh Steelers as my squadron-mates,” he told KDKA-TV in Pittsburgh, a city filled with the white, working-class voters who could be up for grabs in November (many of whom also happen to be diehard football fans).

But Mr. McCain evidently confused the Black and Gold with the Green and Gold. In his 1999 memoir, Mr. McCain wrote that he recited the names of Green Bay Packers. As sports fans were quick to point out, the Steelers version of Mr. McCain’s story just did not make much sense. Mr. McCain, a Navy brat, had no ties to Pittsburgh, and the team was in the middle of a streak of losing seasons in 1966, the year before he was shot down. Meanwhile, the Packers that season won the first Super Bowl. His campaign said it was simply a mistake.

---------------

Is Mccain a shameless panderer, a shameless liar, or just.. uhh.. "forgetful"? slapface.gif If he's just "forgetful".. that begs the question: given that forgetfulness and mistakes seem to be happening on an almost daily basis with McCain, is he too "forgetful" *cough*verging on senility*cough* to be POTUS? :whistling:

mccain-whaaa.jpg

"What?.. it was the Packers and not the Steelers? Says who?!

Says me? Who's me? Tell me he don't know Jack! Hey, maybe Jack

said it was the Steelers. I told him it was the Packers, dammit! Then

again who the hell am I to question me? Me knows more than I do

about it. He was the Steelers coach when I played for the Packers.

Can I have some pudding? Did I just pee? Is it nap time yet?"

Atleast he didn't regret it.

Do you actually think the fact you omit a word from a blurb in my signature means anything to me? Because it doesn't. You act like you're "teaching me a lesson".......you're not. Sorry to break that to you sweetcheeks, but not hardly.

And BTW, go look up the definition of the word slander. You're using it wrong. Seriously. HAHA.

slan·der thinsp.png // speaker.gif Audio Help /ˈslænthinsp.pngdər/ Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[slan-der] Pronunciation Key - Show IPA Pronunciation –noun 1.defamation; calumny: rumors full of slander. 2.a malicious, false, and defamatory statement or report: a slander against his good name. 3.Law. defamation by oral utterance rather than by writing, pictures, etc. –verb (used with object) 4.to utter slander against; defame. –verb (used without object) 5.to utter or circulate slander.

Go show me where what you quoted from me in my above post contains a defamatory statement or report. Go on, I'll wait.

Hey hermit, go back and read the 50 lies of Obama and then crawl back into your cave. Having so much hate that you will not even give Mc. Cain recognition for his service to our Country is pathetic.

Go back and read the entire thread P-51, and then.. go slither back under your rock. :P I've given McCain plenty of credit for his service to the country. Afaic however, his military service doesn't exempt him from political criticism. Being so politically myopic that you don't recognize that John "If I say I didn't say it then I didn't say it, even if I did say it" McCain is deserving of political criticism is pathetic, muh-man.

*John McCain Lies When Questioned By Viet Nam Vet*

*John McCain was for Hamas before he was against Hamas*

*McCain Flip-Flops On Ethanol*

*McCain doesn't know anything about the economy or Iraq*

:rolleyes:

:beer:

You know hermit the frog, I could set up just as many links to U Tube were Obama has said one thing one time then another the next too. Big Deal.

"just as many", eh?

..are you sure about that, Pee-51? :whistling:

[i understand, muh-man, that you haven't yet come to grips with the reality that McCain is either a lying, pandering, shameless fool or he can no longer remember what he says from one day to the next. It is sad in either case, I agree. Chin up though, my friend,.. you can rest assured that America will do just fine under the leadership of President Obama. :console:]

:hippy:

No what is sad are your "personal" attacks on him, and the way that you make fun of him. I have no problem if you do not agree with him. However, the mean spirited things that you say about him "personally" show a lot about you.

If John "If I say I didn't say it, then I didn't say it,.. even if I'm on video saying it" McCain is shamelessly lying and pandering, then what I'm saying about him is neither mean-spirited nor a personal attack, but rather an accurate observation. If he's losing his memory, then although my jabs at him may seem to be mean-spirited to you, you'd have to admit that the fact of the matter is that he's unfit to be POTUS.

So, which is it, muh-man? Is McCain a shameless liar and panderer,..

..or is he mentally unfit to be POTUS because he's losing his memory?

:whistling:

Since I have been a member of this forum, you have spread rumors that I am someone else, thus trying to slander against my good name. You have had many, many oral utterances of cursing me, thus slandering me, etc., all because I do not agree with you and your "little click" around here on some issues.

Newsflash: Using adult language in a response is not "slander". Saying "fuck" in response to something you say is not "slander". I do not "curse you". Cursing you would be pulling something out of wicca or something, which I have not at any time done.

If you're going to use words, know their meaning first.

"you have spread rumors that I am someone else, thus trying to slander against my good name"

What about that electrophile? I see that you avoided that one, because it is true. Why do you and hermit have such a problem with someone else's opinion?

You sure are the best around here at that, not much else, but great at that............

"I am Woman, hear me roar!"

I didn't avoid it because it's true, I avoided it because it wasn't the most blatant falsehood in that post. I skipped to the real obvious one, like you not knowing what the word "slander" means.

Why do you and hermit have such a problem with someone else's opinion?

What makes you say I have "a problem" with someone's else's opinion, P-51? Not only have I never begrudged people their opinions, in my last post I specifically asked you to express your opinion. I asked you whether you think John McCain is a shameless liar and panderer or is unfit to be POTUS because he's losing his memory. Remember? (pun intended). I also asked you, in another thread, if you support McCain's McPandering "gas tax holiday" plan. Apparently you chose not to express your opinion on either issue.. yet.

I don't begrudge you your opinion that I "have such a problem with someone

else's opinion", but what is it exactly that makes you say that, muh-man?

Btw, I'm still wondering: do you think McCain is a shameless liar and

panderer or is he unfit to be POTUS because he's losing his memory? :whistling:

Archived