• John Edwards
    • Mike Huckabee
    • John McCain
    • Barack Obama
    • Ron Paul
    • Mitt Romney
    • Bill Richardson
    • Fred Thompson

Some of us really don't care though what you're eating, what you're reading and the last movie you saw.

Could really care less actually.

And I am among those people..but I'm not a fan of watching a dog chase it's own tail either. Political discussions on this board are not discussions, or debates, they are arguments with nobody ever willing to concede a point that end(or start) with name calling...yeah it's entertaining but as big a waste of time as the "what are you wearing" thread

It took all of half of a page for the first attempt at a political thread to turn into a discussion about Kermit the Frog.

The glory days of the old board and the intense debates are a thing of the past I'm afraid......

:wave:

Well, let's change that before of the general discussion topics in the mighty Led Zep forum are just about what color is your toothbrush (thanks to our resident vapidettes).

As for the next president of the United States I had been convinced that if the Republicans nominated Rudy Gulliani then they would loose too much of their conservative base and therefore Hillary would be a shoe in for winning. However I have since then taken a different opinion. I personally don't want to see Gulliani as our nominee (too liberal on important issues like abortion and gun control), but that being said, I also don't think he is a weak canidate either. Gulliani has lots of appeal, does very well in debates and unlike just about everyone on the Democrat side, Gulliani is strong on the war on terror/national security.

Add to that the fact that Hillary is just too hard for people to like the way Rudy is. Hillary is no Bill Clinton, she just really rubs people the wrong way. Too much of a dour and bossy sounding pain in the ass (she has a long record of that which we have all known). Sorry, but the Hillary camp has a much harder sell than the Gulliani camp when it comes to making her a person that people can warm up to. Plus she is trying to play to a much broader base of supporters, many of which scare off many of the votes she needs to get elected.

I predict that Gulliani will get the Republican nomination and choose Mike Huckabee to be his VP running mate. And if Hillary picks Obama as a running mate, then there is no chance she could ever win. But I don't think Bill will let her make that mistake.

And I am among those people..but I'm not a fan of watching a dog chase it's own tail either. Political discussions on this board are not discussions, or debates, they are arguments with nobody ever willing to concede a point that end(or start) with name calling...yeah it's entertaining but as big a waste of time as the "what are you wearing" thread

Not true. Many of them become that way but not all of them, and it's not limited to just the political threads either.

BTW, hiya spats B):wave:

As for the topic... considering how things go, who I vote for and who wins won't be the same. I haven't decided who I'm going to vote for, even in the primary.

BTW, Alabama used to have its primary in June... which was pretty pointless. It's been changed to February. Ooh, ooh... we could make a difference. *does happy Snoopy dance*

I'm hoping Edwards. I don't think Hillary will make it because of sexist old men who still think women are here to serve them. Neither will Obama because of racists. Don't get me started on the conservatives!!!

Cynical optimist that I am... I think that if those two lose, it will be for more legitimate reasons than that. I don't doubt that what you say will be true for some, but hopefully those won't be the only reasons.

One person I know won't go for Obama because she thinks he's a naive idealist... nothing to do with his race.

Someody said Hillary wasn't a politician, just some estrogenized publicity stunt, or something like that. I think Hillary is quite political.

:hysterical::hysterical:

I haven't seen that in years! It's official; Kermit it is. Who should be his running mate? I say Grover.

I think The Count would make the best VP. I mean, just think how much help he would be with the governmental finances....

The top 4 from the left and the top 6 from the right are your choices. The reason there are more candidates to choose from the GOP is because the race is more open and they have better candidates to choose from IMO. :D

:hysterical:

you're still as deluded (and unenlisted) as ever, I see, eh Tuled? :P

..I suppose you think the wars in Afghanistan and Iraq are going well too, huh? :rolleyes:

I'm hoping Edwards. I don't think Hillary will make it because of sexist old men who still think women are here to serve them. Neither will Obama because of racists. Don't get me started on the conservatives!!!

Well, since the Republicans have not had a Conservative in office since Reagan, you propably don't have to worry about the leading Republican canidate Gulliani either.

You don't actually think G.W. Bush is a 'conservative' do you?

ronaldreagan.jpg

I think the four that are most likely to win are Hillary, Guiliani, Romney, and Obama, in that order. However, all four of them have serious obstacles in their way to the presidency, so the race is really wide open. I will say that I am fairly optimistic about Dr. Paul's campaign. I think he could pull an upset in NH and ride that momentum all the way to the convention with a large number of delegates. It's going to take a lot for him to emerge victorious in the primaries, but if he does happen to make it to the general election, he would be the Republican with the best chance to beat any Dem in a head to head matchup.

Also, don't forget the possibility of someone like Bloomberg coming in and fucking everything up.

Well, since the Republicans have not had a Conservative in office since Reagan

ronaldreagan.jpg

Barry Goldwater was the last true conservative.

Reagan was a publicity stunt with enough cockroaches crawling around him that most were given jobs in 2000, despite having no real success on important issues; except making themselves richer and crashing the economy...something your brand of 'conservative' is good at.

Barry Goldwater was the last true conservative.

Reagan was a publicity stunt with enough cockroaches crawling around him that most were given jobs in 2000, despite having no real success on important issues; except making themselves richer and crashing the economy...something your brand of 'conservative' is good at.

What's wrong with getting richer? I made money during the Reagan years, Bush 1, Clinton and now this President... and I'm not even that smart or ambitious. Doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out how to invest and capitalize on our economy... even with the down turns.

Maybe waiting for McDonalds to up the pay scale is not such a great long term financial plan.

:rolleyes:

Archived