• John Edwards
    • Mike Huckabee
    • John McCain
    • Barack Obama
    • Ron Paul
    • Mitt Romney
    • Bill Richardson
    • Fred Thompson

Anyone voting for Romney is voting for a dead horse... he has no chance. And the above post is proof

Sorry, but it's true.

Romney, at the debates, looks like one of those programmed candidates to smile and appear "pretty." The moment he slips up, you can see the smoke steaming from his head. He has no real solution to the Republican's inevitable demise...

I hate fake politicians...but, then again, aren't all politicians fake by default? Oh wait...except for Ron Paul- a man characterized by his political integrity.

Ron Paul, 2008

-TYG

This kind of speech has only been given once before, which makes it a pretty historical moment. Sorry if you all can't wrap your little heads around that fact.

Riiiiight. Future generations will remember it as the "Magical Underwear Address".

:rolleyes:

I'm glad to see you liberals here know more about Mormonism that Mormon's themselves do.

I emailed a couple of my good friends who happen to be Mormon about this after seeing that interview a while back to see if Romney was being dishonest like Stephanopolous implied. Here is what one of them had to say:

"Yes, we do believe that Jesus will appear at Jerusalem on the Mount of Olives at His Second Coming. This will be to save the Jews from their enemies and also at this time they will be forgiven for crucifying him, because Jerusalem will be nearly taken and the Jews are cornered. At the same time, a New Jerusalem (also known as Zion) will be established in the United States and Jesus will reign over the earth for 1,000 years prior to the last judgement with the Old Jerusalem as a spirital capital (religious) and New Jerusalem as a physical capital (law and order) as is mentioned in Isaiah 2:3.

These kinds of things drive me nuts because I'm always told, "You Mormons believe-" by people who aren't Mormons. I know what I believe and I learned these things for myself. And while some of these things may be "pearls before swine," I feel I have to clarify these things and help people better understand what we believe and why we believe it. Otherwise the ignorance that people have about the church and have had since its founding will only continue."

Its a voting fact that women turn out more then men.

Yea, but that doesn't matter. Men could easily turn the election if they coalesced around a single candidate. But nobody even considers that possibility, because we humans are supposed to be independent minded individuals, not sheep. So what makes women different? There are some obvious politically incorrect answers, but I don't buy them (at least to the extent that they only apply to women, and not to other groups as well)... but regardless, i think it's pretty stupid that we even have to address this issue. When will we get past identity politics and start thinking of ourselves as individuals?

And i must say i dig all the RP love in this thread B)

coming soon.... the RON PAUL BLIMP

I'm glad to see you liberals here know more about Mormonism that Mormon's themselves do.

I emailed a couple of my good friends who happen to be Mormon about this after seeing that interview a while back to see if Romney was being dishonest like Stephanopolous implied. Here is what one of them had to say:

"Yes, we do believe that Jesus will appear at Jerusalem on the Mount of Olives at His Second Coming. This will be to save the Jews from their enemies and also at this time they will be forgiven for crucifying him, because Jerusalem will be nearly taken and the Jews are cornered. At the same time, a New Jerusalem (also known as Zion) will be established in the United States and Jesus will reign over the earth for 1,000 years prior to the last judgement with the Old Jerusalem as a spirital capital (religious) and New Jerusalem as a physical capital (law and order) as is mentioned in Isaiah 2:3.

These kinds of things drive me nuts because I'm always told, "You Mormons believe-" by people who aren't Mormons. I know what I believe and I learned these things for myself. And while some of these things may be "pearls before swine," I feel I have to clarify these things and help people better understand what we believe and why we believe it. Otherwise the ignorance that people have about the church and have had since its founding will only continue."

Pearls before swine? Takes one to know one. If Mitt isn't a better ambassador for the Mormon religion than you are he won't get anywhere. I was a bit glib about your religion, and for that I apologize. But I have every right to consider your religion a negative and to question and criticize your candidate about it. Don't tell me a hawk like you wouldn't feel the same way about a fundamentalist islamic candidate, because I'll laugh in your face. Didn't your church not allow blacks in it until 1978? Mitt was an adult then, how does he justify that?

I was raised as a strict Mormon, and I wouldn't vote for a Mormon candidate. No way!

I'm not going to judge Romney on the fact that he is Mormon, however, I also don't believe that most Evangelical Christians could ever bring themselves to voting for a Mormon. This to them is a big difference than voting for a Catholic or other Christian sect from what I know about how they feel about Mormonism.

I believe that part of the surge we are seeing with Huckabee is based on two things:

1. the disatisfaction with LIBERAL Guiliani

2. Romney is Mormon

Although, we will have to wait and see what happens.

I am registered Independent but I definitely sway left.

As far as the Republican Nominee... I think it will be Guliani, Thompson or McCain. I do think the Religious Right will have a hard time with the Mormon thing.... Sorry Mitt.

Joe Biden said it best when he said Guliani mentions 3 things in a sentence, a noun, a verb and 9/11. Thompson is well informed but not someone I picture as President of the United States of America. McCain is experienced, considered moderate but yet highly conservative in some areas. I like McCain but I don't know if enough Republicans do to elect him. Although it's awful to think about, I think they will nominate Guliani.(did you know his first marriage was to his 2nd cousin?) eww.

The Democratic Nominee..... OBAMA! Yeah Hillary has a good chance too. And I will vote for her if she gets it. But Obama has gained some ground on her. I'm staying positive.... Obama 08!

The next President will be a Democrat. There's no doubt.

IMO, the Rep's are shooting themselves in the foot by their steadfast message of "vote for me or a terrorist is gonna break in your house and take your baby"......while the entire country is more in tune with issues like healthcare, education, the rapid decline of the value of a dollar, ever rising fuel costs, millions of people in cerdit card debt, the country as a whole spending more than they make,being in a war brought on by lies/misinformation, tens of thousands of kids with body parts blown off laying in military hospital beds, etc... Fear tactics are'nt buying anymore. Someone must have finally taught the blue states some statistics and probability and they realized getting hit by lightning twice is more likely to happen to them than falling victim terrorism. The Rep's rebuttle will more than likely be, "you have'nt felt fear because WE protected you and WE are the ones who have supressed terrorist threats since 9/11." Well I for one have done enough traveling to come to the conclusion that the TSA employees at our airports are nothing more than rejected Walmart greeters. I still have no problem bringing a 1/4 oz of pot on a plane. :P It's a fucking joke!

I am a registered republican...but hold MANY "liberal" social ideals...and that registration came long ago, before the party lost it's head in big gov't/big business. I have'nt voted Rep in a national election in a long time. The days of the Goldwater Republican are long gone and the only ones that make any sence to me are Libertarians. A vote for anything else is just putting another corperate puppet in the White House.

At this time, Ron Paul is closer to Libertarian ideals than anyone else in the race. But overall, I don't trust any of them. All I can say is, at least he's not a fucking lawyer!!!

Ron Paul 2008!!!

We will likely know who the two candidates will be within the next few months. It will be interesting to see which direction the Ron Paul supporters branch off. According to the current poll, this community is split 60% Democrat and 40% Republican. Will it stay that way when candidates start dropping out?

Pearls before swine? Takes one to know one. If Mitt isn't a better ambassador for the Mormon religion than you are he won't get anywhere. I was a bit glib about your religion, and for that I apologize. But I have every right to consider your religion a negative and to question and criticize your candidate about it. Don't tell me a hawk like you wouldn't feel the same way about a fundamentalist islamic candidate, because I'll laugh in your face. Didn't your church not allow blacks in it until 1978? Mitt was an adult then, how does he justify that?

I don't think TU is Mormon (or if he is, he's a bit of a 'lapsed' one). :unsure:

We will likely know who the two candidates will be within the next few months.

that's a helluva prediction, Nostradamus. :rolleyes:

with the first primaries taking place in less than a month,

you're really goin out on a limb with that one, arent ya? :P

-----------

I wonder how this is gonna affect Mike Huckabee's candidacy..

Documents Expose Huckabee's Role In Serial Rapist's Release

December 4, 2007 11:18 PM

Little Rock, Ark -- As governor of Arkansas, Mike Huckabee aggressively pushed for the early release of a convicted rapist despite being warned by numerous women that the convict had sexually assaulted them or their family members, and would likely strike again. The convict went on to rape and murder at least one other woman.

Confidential Arkansas state government records, including letters from these women, obtained by the Huffington Post and revealed publicly for the first time, directly contradict the version of events now being put forward by Huckabee.

While on the campaign trail, Huckabee has claimed that he supported the 1999 release of Wayne Dumond because, at the time, he had no good reason to believe that the man represented a further threat to the public. Thanks to Huckabee's intervention, conducted in concert with a right-wing tabloid campaign on Dumond's behalf, Dumond was let out of prison 25 years before his sentence would have ended.

"There's nothing any of us could ever do," Huckabee said Sunday on CNN when asked to reflect on the horrific outcome caused by the prisoner's release. "None of us could've predicted what [Dumond] could've done when he got out."

But the confidential files obtained by the Huffington Post show that Huckabee was provided letters from several women who had been sexually assaulted by Dumond and who indeed predicted that he would rape again - and perhaps murder - if released.

In a letter that has never before been made public, one of Dumond's victims warned: "I feel that if he is released it is only a matter of time before he commits another crime and fear that he will not leave a witness to testify against him the next time." Before Dumond was granted parole at Huckabee's urging, records show that Huckabee's office received a copy of this letter from Arkansas' parole board.

The woman later wrote directly to Huckabee about having been raped by Dumond. In a letter obtained by the Huffington Post, she said that Dumond had raped her while holding a butcher knife to her throat, and while her then-3-year-old daughter lay in bed next to her. Also included in the files sent to Huckabee's office was a police report in which Dumond confessed to the rape. Dumond was not charged in that particular case because he later refused to sign the confession and because the woman was afraid to press charges.

Huckabee kept these and other documents secret because they were politically damaging, according to a former aide who worked for him in Arkansas. The aide has made the records available to the Huffington Post, deeply troubled by Huckabee's repeated claims that he had no reason to believe Dumond would commit other violent crimes upon his release from prison. The aide also believes that Huckabee, for political reasons, has deliberately attempted to cover up his knowledge of Dumond's other sexual assaults.

"There were no letters sent to the governor's office from any rape victims," Huckabee campaign spokesperson Alice Stewart said on Tuesday when contacted by the Huffington Post.

Subsequently, however, the campaign provided a former senior aide of Huckabee's who did remember reading at least one of the letters.

[read on to learn about the Clinton connection in this story..]

*link to full article*

:blink:

:whistling:

that's a helluva prediction, Nostradamus. :rolleyes:

with the first primaries taking place in less than a month,

you're really goin out on a limb with that one, arent ya? :P

-----------

I wonder how this is gonna affect Mike Huckabee's candidacy..

Documents Expose Huckabee's Role In Serial Rapist's Release

December 4, 2007 11:18 PM

Little Rock, Ark -- As governor of Arkansas, Mike Huckabee aggressively pushed for the early release of a convicted rapist despite being warned by numerous women that the convict had sexually assaulted them or their family members, and would likely strike again. The convict went on to rape and murder at least one other woman.

Confidential Arkansas state government records, including letters from these women, obtained by the Huffington Post and revealed publicly for the first time, directly contradict the version of events now being put forward by Huckabee.

While on the campaign trail, Huckabee has claimed that he supported the 1999 release of Wayne Dumond because, at the time, he had no good reason to believe that the man represented a further threat to the public. Thanks to Huckabee's intervention, conducted in concert with a right-wing tabloid campaign on Dumond's behalf, Dumond was let out of prison 25 years before his sentence would have ended.

"There's nothing any of us could ever do," Huckabee said Sunday on CNN when asked to reflect on the horrific outcome caused by the prisoner's release. "None of us could've predicted what [Dumond] could've done when he got out."

But the confidential files obtained by the Huffington Post show that Huckabee was provided letters from several women who had been sexually assaulted by Dumond and who indeed predicted that he would rape again - and perhaps murder - if released.

In a letter that has never before been made public, one of Dumond's victims warned: "I feel that if he is released it is only a matter of time before he commits another crime and fear that he will not leave a witness to testify against him the next time." Before Dumond was granted parole at Huckabee's urging, records show that Huckabee's office received a copy of this letter from Arkansas' parole board.

The woman later wrote directly to Huckabee about having been raped by Dumond. In a letter obtained by the Huffington Post, she said that Dumond had raped her while holding a butcher knife to her throat, and while her then-3-year-old daughter lay in bed next to her. Also included in the files sent to Huckabee's office was a police report in which Dumond confessed to the rape. Dumond was not charged in that particular case because he later refused to sign the confession and because the woman was afraid to press charges.

Huckabee kept these and other documents secret because they were politically damaging, according to a former aide who worked for him in Arkansas. The aide has made the records available to the Huffington Post, deeply troubled by Huckabee's repeated claims that he had no reason to believe Dumond would commit other violent crimes upon his release from prison. The aide also believes that Huckabee, for political reasons, has deliberately attempted to cover up his knowledge of Dumond's other sexual assaults.

"There were no letters sent to the governor's office from any rape victims," Huckabee campaign spokesperson Alice Stewart said on Tuesday when contacted by the Huffington Post.

Subsequently, however, the campaign provided a former senior aide of Huckabee's who did remember reading at least one of the letters.

[read on to learn about the Clinton connection in this story..]

*link to full article*

:whistling:

:o Oh what's that? Oh its Huckabee's poll numbers going down the shitter.

Huckabee's poll numbers haven't gone down the toilet yet, but I sure hope they do. He is the scariest of all the Republican candidates in my opnion.

No, I am not a Mormon. I do keep in touch with several high school buddies that are Mormon. If I didn't have friends who were Mormon, I'd imagine that I'd be skeptical of LDS too.

I've watched them occasionally over the years. I could spot Big Bird in a crowd.

Then you'd understand that Kermit doesn't like Miss Piggy's constant demands for his affection and that if he were president, he might take steps to keep her away from him.

Archived