Dear Robert

anolte

Maybe Robert ain't being selfish ;maybe he likes singing to small halls;bars and offbeat country and western towns. where people call out 'ya all come back now ya here."yep;maybe this is jimmy and j.p jones turn now to rosin up the bow and kick some ass ;go get em boy's :P

Yeah - like Wembley. :rolleyes::rolleyes:

You are very correct, no one owns him. He can do what he wants, when he wants and how he wants - no doubt. However, that does not change the fact that millions of fans would appreciate experiencing the Zeppelin side of the great Robert Plant.

He may in fact choose never to grace a Zeppelin stage with his presence again and that is his choice. However, as a Zeppelin fan, it is disappointing to me to think that he would make that choice. His choice - Yes. My feelings - Yes. Neither is right or wrong - they just are.

That's cool. As far as I'm concerned, Robert has made his choice. Whatever he does now or in the future is fine with me. If he decides to perform with his old bandmates, great. If it never happens, I'm cool with it. I don't think he or the other guys for that matter owe anything to anybody but themselves.

There's nothing wrong with hoping though. :)

Hello Mr. Aquamarine. I think that you realize how many LZ fans feel like I do. Where would you really have rather been tonite, watching Page and J.P.J. giving back to their fans or at the Allison/Plant gig hearing Plant still trying to find himself.

Hope you don't mind if I chime in, but I think I would've preferred to see the latter. While I would've LOVED to see JPJ & Jimmy on stage ( youtube clips are great), I don't think I could've to sit through the Foo Fighters; they are a great band but they're not my cup of tea.

In the perfect universe, I would choose both! ;)

Hello Mr. Aquamarine. I think that you realize how many LZ fans feel like I do. Where would you really have rather been tonite, watching Page and J.P.J. giving back to their fans or at the Allison/Plant gig hearing Plant still trying to find himself.

I was at the Krauss/Plant gig while Jimmy and JPJ were on stage with the Foos. The sold out crowd were too busy cheering and applauding to worry about anything else. It was apparent that Plant found himself.

I was at the Krauss/Plant gig while Jimmy and JPJ were on stage with the Foos. The sold out crowd were too busy cheering and applauding to worry about anything else. It was apparent that Plant found himself.

Well said.

That's cool. As far as I'm concerned, Robert has made his choice. Whatever he does now or in the future is fine with me. If he decides to perform with his old bandmates, great. If it never happens, I'm cool with it. I don't think he or the other guys for that matter owe anything to anybody but themselves.

There's nothing wrong with hoping though. :)

He has made his choice and I do hope he is happy. However, I can still be disappointed with his choice along with the other ba-zillion Zep fans.

On a side note, I remember posting a message a while back about ZEP calling up Jason in place of his father and doing a show. I also remember some of the folks who live in these forums basically telling me it would never happen because of some karma related reason, to stop raising topics that have already been discussed over-and-over again and that I was a newbie. Next: London 10-12-07

Now I post my Dear Robert thoughts. While most of the replies have been great, I noticed that my post is somehow now in the Led Zeppelin Newbies forum.

I want to thank some of the non-newbies for putting me in my place and helping me to understand my position in the Led Zeppelin universe.

He has made his choice and I do hope he is happy. However, I can still be disappointed with his choice along with the other ba-zillion Zep fans.

On a side note, I remember posting a message a while back about ZEP calling up Jason in place of his father and doing a show. I also remember some of the folks who live in these forums basically telling me it would never happen because of some karma related reason, to stop raising topics that have already been discussed over-and-over again and that I was a newbie. Next: London 10-12-07

Now I post my Dear Robert thoughts. While most of the replies have been great, I noticed that my post is somehow now in the Led Zeppelin Newbies forum.

I want to thank some of the non-newbies for putting me in my place and helping me to understand my position in the Led Zeppelin universe.

Anolte, welcome to the forums! Hope you stay with us. First I must say there is one thing in your letter that I disagree with completely, and that's the notion that Robert - or any other member of LZ - owes us, that we 'deserve' a reunion. Another thing you should know is that that this whole discussion is already raging in the News forums, so that there wasn't really a need to create a new thread. And Robert won't ever read this.

But what you've written is polite, and the spirit of it is just to express that you want it to happen very much, and that you appreciate Robert's music in general. I agree with all that and so do many others on here, in spite of appearances. But those who have posted so far in this thread and 'put you in your place' are people who sincerely believe they are on the True Path for Zeppelin fans. Anybody who ever dares not to applaud absolutely everything Robert says or does deviates from The Path, and is an unfortunate miserable being. In true Path language, that person is a Robert Plant Basher, and deserves a bashing. Understand? :D:wacko:

Anolte, welcome! The way you write is charming :)

I personally think it would be a real happiness if they were again together. I'm 18 and I have seen none of them, and I would like to! That wish is normal, it is not selfish. Somebody has said it would be nice to see a New Zeppelin, Jimmy and JPJ do not need Robert. I can't agree here. There is no use in denying the fact that Led Zeppelin is Robert Plant, Jimmy Page, John Bohnam and JPJ. That's all. Those are their own words. Even with Jason it is not Led Zeppelin, it's something new. Next step - without Plant - it's only more not Zeppelin. There IS already a new Zeppelin, I wish they would play a couple of gigs. But even if they won't, that's ok, it is understandable.

Peace.

Archived