Dear Robert

anolte

Dear Robert,

Regarding your interview that was published in the Village Voice, I would like to point out that your gig with Led Zeppelin is what allows you to do what you do today.

"For me, I just want to do stuff where at the end of the night, I can turn and look at the people I'm working with and go, 'That was not just an achievement—it was one of the most heart-rending experiences I've had."

What could possibly be a more "heart-rending experience" than a Zeppelin tour and making MILLIONS of Zeppelin fans happy?

What could possibly be a more "heart-rending experience" than a new Zeppelin album?

What could possibly be a more "heart-rending experience" than a Zeppelin tour that would allow you to sing your butt off for the Zeppelin fans that have given you so much in your life?

What could possibly be a more "heart-rending experience" than a Zeppelin tour that would provide an example of true talent for todays musical artist to strive for?

I admire your work with Krauss and all of your musical endeavors outside of Zeppelin as I am sure other Zeppelin fans do as well. However, Zeppelin fans deserve a show of appreciation from you and the other remaining Zeppelin band members. Take a moment and MAKE a "heart-rending experience" by saying THANK YOU to Zeppelin fans that have given you so much. Love you man, but it is time for you to bring it on home.

Robert, millions of fans are waiting for the "heart-rending experience" that only Zeppelin can provide. I look forward to one day having my mind completely blown at a Zeppelin concert.

As Mick Jagger or Keith Richards would say, "I'm free to do what I want any old time," or as Lesley Gore would say, " You don't own me, don't tie me down cause I'd never stay," or as Jimi Hendrix would say, "a woman here, a woman there try to keep me in a plastic cage, but they don't realize that it's so easy to break, cause I'm stone free to do what I please," or as Robert Plant would say, "I ain't joking, woman, I really got to ramble." et cetera.

Or as Hank Williams would say, "I love you, baby, but you gotta understand, when the Lord made me, he made a Ramblin' Man.

Edited by eternal light

B) or to put it another way, Robert is a bit of a Wanderer, no ?

Perhaps he may wander back to where he belongs, at least for the odd party or two :)

I don't think any of us on this board would have any complaints about that! :rolleyes:

As Mick Jagger or Keith Richards would say, "I'm free to do what I want any old time," or as Lesley Gore would say, " You don't own me, don't tie me down cause I'd never stay," or as Jimi Hendrix would say, "a woman here, a woman there try to keep me in a plastic cage, but they don't realize that it's so easy to break, cause I'm stone free to do what I please," or as Robert Plant would say, "I ain't joking, woman, I really got to ramble." et cetera.

Or as Hank Williams would say, "I love you, baby, but you gotta understand, when the Lord made me, he made a Ramblin' Man.

You are very correct, no one owns him. He can do what he wants, when he wants and how he wants - no doubt. However, that does not change the fact that millions of fans would appreciate experiencing the Zeppelin side of the great Robert Plant.

He may in fact choose never to grace a Zeppelin stage with his presence again and that is his choice. However, as a Zeppelin fan, it is disappointing to me to think that he would make that choice. His choice - Yes. My feelings - Yes. Neither is right or wrong - they just are.

You are very correct, no one owns him. He can do what he wants, when he wants and how he wants - no doubt. However, that does not change the fact that millions of fans would appreciate experiencing the Zeppelin side of the great Robert Plant.

He may in fact choose never to grace a Zeppelin stage with his presence again and that is his choice. However, as a Zeppelin fan, it is disappointing to me to think that he would make that choice. His choice - Yes. My feelings - Yes. Neither is right or wrong - they just are.

A stage is a stage, whether it hosts a Zeppelin revival or whatever has him excited at the moment. Either way, the show must go on.

Or........................maybe he is just selfish. And don't give me all the "He has done so much for us". He has been paid with fame and fortune many times over for anything that he has done. It may not matter that much any more, when you consider how red hot Page and J.P.J. are playing. There are several other front men out there that would probably do a better job, when you consider that Plant is tired of the gig anyway. Go ahead Plant, wander off into time and space.........explore all the musical wonders of the world while Page and J.P.J. give back to their fans.

Edited by scs

Yes, friends, it's another "selfish bastard" thread!

:cheer:

I'm thinking of collecting them, a full set could be worth a mint on eBay one day. :D

:lol:

That's a wonderful idea! A fantastic money making idea for any DORP! ;)

Hello Mr. Aquamarine. I think that you realize how many LZ fans feel like I do. Where would you really have rather been tonite, watching Page and J.P.J. giving back to their fans or at the Allison/Plant gig hearing Plant still trying to find himself.

Hello Mr. Aquamarine. I think that you realize how many LZ fans feel like I do. Where would you really have rather been tonite, watching Page and J.P.J. giving back to their fans or at the Allison/Plant gig hearing Plant still trying to find himself.

Not all who wander are lost. By the way, Aquamarine is quite female.

It's utterly exhausting your mantra which you've used under other names. Robert is the greatest singer but he's such a selfish bastard for denying his fans and he's doing crap and he's finding himself blah blah blah. Can't you accept the fact that he's happy doing what he's doing. I'm happy he's making music. I don't sit around waiting for Zep to reform. I've never seen them. Would I want to - hell yes. I'd do everything possible to get tickets but I accept and respect their decision and it's no sacrifice at all to support what they are doing on their own.

Edited by ninelives

After what happened tonight you might get to see the best LZ since 1980 yet. Page and J.P.J. might just realize that they do not need old Percy any more. You see...............Page is the backbone of LZ, always has been and always will be. Now with his hooking back up with J.P.J. its kinda like when it all began. Page and J.P.J. were session players and found Percy and Bonham. Now they can find a new front man, and out of respect ask Jason to come along for the "New Ride". It might just be better then ever. Plant, that albatros around your neck is getting real heavy. I can hardly wait for the New Zeppelin.

Aquamarine, I was not trying to show you any disrespect.

Edited by scs

Or........................maybe he is just selfish. And don't give me all the "He has done so much for us". He has been paid with fame and fortune many times over for anything that he has done. It may not matter that much any more, when you consider how red hot Page and J.P.J. are playing. There are several other front men out there that would probably do a better job, when you consider that Plant is tired of the gig anyway. Go ahead Plant, wander off into time and space.........explore all the musical wonders of the world while Page and J.P.J. give back to their fans.

Read the drivel that you've written above and tell us all who's being selfish. ;)

Turn your record over...this side's played out....

I must speak to him about that when we're not too busy, but he has been so busy recording and touring lately, and I have been so busy cleaning and shopping that I just haven't had the time to get after him about that. Thank you for reminding me. He's got some explaining to do when he gets back, whenever that is.

Finally - a straight forward answer about Plant being selfish. When you reach the next level of your BS journey through the musical time and space continuum, you are going to realize the space continuum that you are in is Zeppelin.

... or put it succinctly in your sig. It would save time and energy spent by you (scs) on typing the same stuff over and over... and spent by the rest of us on scrolling past it over and over.

;)

B)

Amen to that! I couldn't have said it better myself!

Sorry, I realize that the truth hurts sometimes.

Rest assured I will get after him about that when he returns because he certainly did not get permission from me to be selfish. Children; just because they're nearly 60 years old they think they can do whatever they want. But for now we both have so many activities absorbing our attention that it will just have to wait. We're all very sorry for the inconvenience.

Edited by eternal light

Now with his hooking back up with J.P.J. its kinda like when it all began.

Only if you convienently rewrite the 40 frigging years which have passed since then, of which Robert Plant played a central part. I'm sure your capable of such revisionism.

Sorry, I realize that the truth hurts sometimes.

Maybe Robert ain't being selfish ;maybe he likes singing to small halls;bars and offbeat country and western towns. where people call out 'ya all come back now ya here."yep;maybe this is jimmy and j.p jones turn now to rosin up the bow and kick some ass ;go get em boy's :P