Performance Analysis: The Firm

Thanks to Google I came across this web site called Rock Town Hall. On this page, they discuss a video by The Firm. Very funny discussion.

I kinda like the video, though the music seems out of place and the setting is bizarre, like some B movie about a lost tribe of sultry sweaty women living on a swamp planet and dreaming of Jimmy Page - or is it Jimmy Page dreaming of a swamp planet full of sultry sweaty women? How the hell the blonde girl from Nebraska got there at :37, not to mention why she decided to bring her peas to the bar to shuck, is beyond me, but, ok. That's the nice thing about fantasies.

Unlike the folks at Rock Town Hall, I don't think the people are barely responding, I think they're responding in a languid, sexual way, like some slow dances are going to happen later that night, weather permitting and the creek don't rise. Or they already have. And I like how the night air and the spirits of light and thunder win the beautiful woman at the end.

Thoughts?

http://www.rocktownhall.com/blogs/index.ph...-firm-and-jimmy-

Thanks to Google I came across this web site called Rock Town Hall. On this page, they discuss a video by The Firm. Very funny discussion.

I kinda like the video, though the music seems out of place and the setting is bizarre, like some B movie about a lost tribe of sultry sweaty women living on a swamp planet and dreaming of Jimmy Page - or is it Jimmy Page dreaming of a swamp planet full of sultry sweaty women? How the hell the blonde girl from Nebraska got there at :37, not to mention why she decided to bring her peas to the bar to shuck, is beyond me, but, ok. That's the nice thing about fantasies.

Unlike the folks at Rock Town Hall, I don't think the people are barely responding, I think they're responding in a languid, sexual way, like some slow dances are going to happen later that night, weather permitting and the creek don't rise. Or they already have. And I like how the night air and the spirits of light and thunder win the beautiful woman at the end.

Thoughts?

http://www.rocktownhall.com/blogs/index.ph...-firm-and-jimmy-

bad link.

They must be reviewing Satisfaction Guarenteed. Aubrey Powell designed that set. Jimmy said "It's so sleazy I could live in there". Les Paul is tending the bar and May Pang plays the part of one of the patrons.

Very interesting. Who is Aubrey Powell? I know the name..

Also, I knew about Les Paul but how the heck did May Pang get involved?

Sorry, I'll try again...

http://www.rocktownhall.com/blogs/index.ph...mp;sentence=AND

And thanks for the info, Les Paul tending bar, that makes the video right there! (Yes, it's Satisfaction Gauranteed.)

Got to add, when Jimmy does that back bend (let your back bone slip...) at 3:48 or so, well, that other broad can go commune with the frogs, I'd be waiting out back for the guitarist. :ph34r:

Archived