Down By The Seaside

fenderguy

Well, actually lakeside. A few days ago our family took a Sunday drive and we ended up at Two Harbors, Minnesota, on Lake Superior. It was amazing. The kids stopped fighting, the scenery was great, and the whole vibe just became so good that it was hard to explain really. A fog settled on the lake at sunset and it was almost like being on another planet--in a good way. I'll never forget how fun it was. I think these pictures come close to showing it: TwoHarbors3.jpg

That's me and my youngest. She wouldn't listen to me when I told her she was going to get cold because the lake is so huge that it does not warm up in the summer.

I think some of these other shots speak for themselves. It was almost heavenly:

TwoHarbors13.jpg

TwoHarbors12.jpg

TwoHarbors8.jpg

I can't explain it completely but I love these pictures. It was perfect timing.

TwoHarbors5.jpg

TwoHarbors2.jpg

TwoHarbors4.jpg

I hope you guys like these also.

What is the tempeture I was up there in Duluth in 87 and in early June it was cold.I was on the USS Glover FF 1098 at the time.Verry nice area though and of course I met a girl.

What is the tempeture I was up there in Duluth in 87 and in early June it was cold.I was on the USS Glover FF 1098 at the time.Verry nice area though and of course I met a girl.

There was no wind on that day so it was in the upper 70's Fahrenheit a block inland and about twenty degrees colder over the water.

Very nice Fenderguy. There's no place like the beach (to me). My favorite beach. As nice as the gorgeous island in the South Pacific, but very close to home. A white sand beach filled with shells, but yet they don't hurt your feet:

sanibel-island-beach-shells.jpg

1143661-Sanibel_in_the_evening-Sanibel_Island.jpg

Sanibel-Lighthouse-11083-00.jpg

sanibel_beach_OBYV.gif

Locations%20Sanibel%202.jpg

Oh and a nice place for a honeymoon...

Well, actually lakeside. A few days ago our family took a Sunday drive and we ended up at Two Harbors, Minnesota, on Lake Superior. It was amazing. The kids stopped fighting, the scenery was great, and the whole vibe just became so good that it was hard to explain really. A fog settled on the lake at sunset and it was almost like being on another planet--in a good way. I'll never forget how fun it was. I think these pictures come close to showing it: TwoHarbors3.jpg

That's me and my youngest. She wouldn't listen to me when I told her she was going to get cold because the lake is so huge that it does not warm up in the summer.

I think some of these other shots speak for themselves. It was almost heavenly:

TwoHarbors13.jpg

TwoHarbors12.jpg

TwoHarbors8.jpg

I can't explain it completely but I love these pictures. It was perfect timing.

Awwww, thank you for the pics Fenderguy. You have a cutie there...

Very nice Fenderguy. There's no place like the beach (to me). My favorite beach. As nice as the gorgeous island in the South Pacific, but very close to home. A white sand beach filled with shells, but yet they don't hurt your feet:

sanibel-island-beach-shells.jpg

1143661-Sanibel_in_the_evening-Sanibel_Island.jpg

Sanibel-Lighthouse-11083-00.jpg

sanibel_beach_OBYV.gif

Locations%20Sanibel%202.jpg

Oh and a nice place for a honeymoon...

Sanibel Island, near Fort Meyers, Florida? I have a second cousin that lives there. I visited there once.

Very nice Fenderguy. There's no place like the beach (to me). My favorite beach. As nice as the gorgeous island in the South Pacific, but very close to home. A white sand beach filled with shells, but yet they don't hurt your feet.

My sister has lived on Guam for 50 years. Known for the pretty girls. (She's not in this pic :D )

guam_4.jpg

guam_girl2.jpg

Hubba Hubba!

:D

Sanibel Island, near Fort Meyers, Florida? I have a second cousin that lives there. I visited there once.

Sanibel and Captiva Islands are a short drive from Ft. Myers. Did you visit the islands? They are lovely, and also a nature preserve. A peaceful, beautiful place. I'm in need of a vacation, lol.

web_Captiva_July_2006_cropp.jpg

coast-sunset.jpg

sanibelbeach.jpg

Had a meal at Malibu Seafood one evening last week just as the sun was setting. Two grilled fish tacos and a side of ceviche.

DSC_0030a.JPG

I love Florida because it's close to home and is loaded with beautiful beaches everywhere. California, though, i consider to be my favorite state. I have loved it since i was very young. I think my love for California began when i fell for Clint Eastwood and beautiful Carmel.

Hey Del, does Malibu Seafood have fresh crab legs? I know the BEST place to get lobster is Maine. My favorite...

I have three relatives who live in Daytona. A family of them in Dade City and good friends in Miami. I've been friends with my Miami pals for 30 years. Good friends never die.

My favorite place in or around Florida is Nassau or Key Largo. I love the deep blue waters.

500x500_80926eb297681365785cf855618b3b42.jpg

Nassau

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nassau%2C_Bahamas

\

Sunsetkeylargoflotida.jpg

Key Largo

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Key_Largo

Sanibel and Captiva Islands are a short drive from Ft. Myers. Did you visit the islands? They are lovely, and also a nature preserve. A peaceful, beautiful place. I'm in need of a vacation, lol.

coast-sunset.jpg

sanibelbeach.jpg

I visited my cousin on Periwinkle Way in Sanibel. I remember some of the beaches and thinking, "I could get used to this." I did not make it to Captiva.

I visited my cousin on Periwinkle Way in Sanibel. I remember some of the beaches and thinking, "I could get used to this." I did not make it to Captiva.

Did you go to shelling on the beach? You're not supposed to take too many shells at once, but in the week i was there, i was able to collect quite a few. I keep them in a crystal bowl as a reminder of time in paradise. Would love to retire to a place like Sanibel. If i ever get married again, i would love to marry on the beach.

The Ding Darling Wildlife Refuge (a must see)

ar117522191149119.jpg

Shells everywhere:

family-vacations-sanibel-island-1.jpg

bird.jpg

Sanibel.jpg

Hey Del, does Malibu Seafood have fresh crab legs? I know the BEST place to get lobster is Maine. My favorite...

Yes, but I usually just order the fish tacos, fish & chips or the ahi burger.

here is their website http://www.malibuseafood.com/

If you are ever in Santa Barbara, you have to try this place on Stearns Wharf. Best place in SoCal to have some fresh lobster or crab, sip some suds, and dig the classic rock while watching the sunset.

DSCN2136.jpg

seafood1.jpg

http://www.sbfishhouse.com/shellfish/index.html

Yes, but I usually just order the fish tacos, fish & chips or the ahi burger.

here is their website http://www.malibuseafood.com/

If you are ever in Santa Barbara, you have to try this place on Stearns Wharf. Best place in SoCal to have some fresh lobster or crab, sip some suds, and dig the classic rock while watching the sunset.

DSCN2136.jpg

seafood1.jpg

http://www.sbfishhouse.com/shellfish/index.html

Sounds awesome. I hope to vacation in California when my daughter is a little older. Only been there once when i was young and lived in Las Vegas for a year. Thanks for the info.

Archived