EtherealAirship

Hello everyone, I'm new. I am from the Pacific Northwest. I've been a Led Zeppelin fan since 1970. I was able to see them live 6 times. (Not enough) This is a wonderful forum!

Hi!! Welcome!! It's amazing you have seen them. I'm only 18 and I have not. Pity! I wish I had...

Hi and WELCOME! I was lucky enough to see the great LED ZEPPELIN at MSG in 1977. I realize now I was too young to appreciate the whole experience. At that time I liked a lot of bands, it was not until about ten years ago that I rediscoverd them and they are all I listen to now! Have a great time here!

Thanks for the welcome. I managed to see Zep live in 72, 73, 75, and 77. I was getting ready for the 1980 US tour, but as we know, it never happened. I had a slight run-in with Richard Cole in 1977 in the Kingdome. I was watching John Bonham play his 30 minute solo from behind the stage next to the railing on the first level. All of a sudden a man appeared from behind the drummer, he panned from left to right, he saw nothing, he then turned around and saw me. He immediately pointed to the right and said, "Keep it moving, Now!, Go!". I continued to stand there in awe of Bonham, minding my own business, but this time his voice got louder. "I said, move it Mother F*****!", "Now!", "Go!", "Move it!". Wouldn't you know it, I still continued to stand there defiant enjoying every last second of Bonham's playing. This time he started moving towards me and continued to yell various explicit deletes. I started ever so slowly moving to the right as he originally requested and becoming so disappointed that I would not be able to stand there throughout John's entire solo performance. As I continued to move, the road manager kept his eye on me the whole time making sure I disappeared into the dark, smoke-filled air never to be seen again. I didn't know who he was until many years later. All I remembered was a tall, screaming, dark haired man utilizing an extensive vocabulary with a front tooth missing. Years later, I saw his picture in a magazine taken from the 77 tour in their famous jetliner. He was standing next to Jimmy Page and John Bonham. I remember thinking to myself; Wow, there's that guy who screamed at me in Seatlle, so that's the famous (or infamous) Richard Cole huh? He probably thought he earned his keep that night going after some young, long-haired punk like me. :)

Thanks for the welcome. I managed to see Zep live in 72, 73, 75, and 77. I was getting ready for the 1980 US tour, but as we know, it never happened. I had a slight run-in with Richard Cole in 1977 in the Kingdome. I was watching John Bonham play his 30 minute solo from behind the stage next to the railing on the first level. All of a sudden a man appeared from behind the drummer, he panned from left to right, he saw nothing, he then turned around and saw me. He immediately pointed to the right and said, "Keep it moving, Now!, Go!". I continued to stand there in awe of Bonham, minding my own business, but this time his voice got louder. "I said, move it Mother F*****!", "Now!", "Go!", "Move it!". Wouldn't you know it, I still continued to stand there defiant enjoying every last second of Bonham's playing. This time he started moving towards me and continued to yell various explicit deletes. I started ever so slowly moving to the right as he originally requested and becoming so disappointed that I would not be able to stand there throughout John's entire solo performance. As I continued to move, the road manager kept his eye on me the whole time making sure I disappeared into the dark, smoke-filled air never to be seen again. I didn't know who he was until many years later. All I remembered was a tall, screaming, dark haired man utilizing an extensive vocabulary with a front tooth missing. Years later, I saw his picture in a magazine taken from the 77 tour in their famous jetliner. He was standing next to Jimmy Page and John Bonham. I remember thinking to myself; Wow, there's that guy who screamed at me in Seatlle, so that's the famous (or infamous) Richard Cole huh? He probably thought he earned his keep that night going after some young, long-haired punk like me. :)

great story! thanks for posting....

• 3 weeks later...

HEY THERE! I'm new to the site. I'm a late led zep bloomer, getting into them in 1985 when a former boyfriend played them for me. I've loved them ever since and have been trying to get all the zep info I can get. I truly LOVE JIMMY PAGE, going so far as to tattoo ZOSO on my left shoulder back in 1986. I am 41 years old and I've seen The Firm in Dallas and Jimmy Page solo tour with Jason Bonham on drums. I'm looking to chat about the best band IN THE WORLD. I'm also a late bloomer in the internet craze, just recently getting a computer and logging on to this site. Hope to chat with some of you soon. Later, Page fan, Jennifer c.

HEY THERE! I'm new to the site. I'm a late led zep bloomer, getting into them in 1985 when a former boyfriend played them for me. I've loved them ever since and have been trying to get all the zep info I can get. I truly LOVE JIMMY PAGE, going so far as to tattoo ZOSO on my left shoulder back in 1986. I am 41 years old and I've seen The Firm in Dallas and Jimmy Page solo tour with Jason Bonham on drums. I'm looking to chat about the best band IN THE WORLD. I'm also a late bloomer in the internet craze, just recently getting a computer and logging on to this site. Hope to chat with some of you soon. Later, Page fan, Jennifer c.

Welcome to the forum Jen C. It's never too late to be a Zep fan, enjoy.

Archived