Jimmy Page Backstage at Journey Concert (June 19)

Nicky10lbs

page01.jpg I thought you guys would like to see this picture. Here is the link to story behind the picture. http://www.journey-zone.com/Features/news.htm. And this message was posted online by guitarist Neal Schon last night: "Just back from our first show in the UK, London. Had a great time tonight and were greeted by a very cool, enthusiastic crowd to say the least. But actually, all the crowds have been great!

But what I'm really writing you about is that before the show (15 min.'s before we went on) the band's hanging out backstage going over our set list. (We added quite a bit of songs tonight). Anyway, in walks...hello! Get this! Jimmy f*$! Page! He calmly walks up to me and says, "Hello Neal"...like I've known him a thousand years or so.

Honestly I have to tell you, I was completely in awe, not quite believing I was standing there talking to Jimmy Page about music and continued to you until we had to go on stage. Wow. What a mind-boggling moment for me. Felt like a little kid. What a true gentleman and obviously a brilliant guitar player. He was nice enough to take a photo with the band and I, (which we will be posting here soon). I gave him our new Revelation package, he thanked me, then I shook his hand and went on stage. Honestly I felt like I had the fear of God watching me and didn't want to make one mistake and did the absolute very best performance I could.

Yikes, two people in the band with the facial hair under the lip deal? Stop it, please.

I believe they call it a "soul patch".

My 55 year old brother has one,but I understand in his case it was only a desperate distraction to the fact he no longer has any hair on the top of his head.I think Frank Zappa possibly invented it,although I can't imagine him calling it a "soul patch".More like "fuzzy moonbeam thing under my lip from the planet Jupiter". :lol:

Glad to see Jimmy out and about now lets Tour I have Money to spend come on Jimmy bring the fellas to America.

that's my boy-al! always getting to the meat of the matter!

(that's how we do it in the south....)

Archived