Queen+Paul Rodgers to Release New Single

Horrorshow_Plant

I love Brian May's playing but Queen should not be writing pretentious "message" ballads oozing with keyboards. They should be writing stuff like "Fat Bottomed Girls" and "Stone Cold Crazy".

Is it for anyone to say what they should be writing? Doesn't that defeat the whole creative process... :huh:

Yes, I realise all the history and legacy associated with 'names' these days... but I gave up being sentimental about that years ago.

Times change, people change, bands change... I'd be interested on what your opinion on all the other bands who've changed personnel, but kept the same band-name is? AC/DC, Deep Purple, Fleetwood Mac, The Rolling Stones, to name but a few... (That's probably for another thread though..)

Although, to be fair, that's kind of a side issue in this context, as I don't feel that Bri and Rog have tried to envelop Paul into the Queen circus really. That was the whole point of the '+ Paul Rodgers' thing. They realise that Paul has his own identity as well as they feel they have with the Queen thing, and to be honest, at this stage of their careers, with nothing to prove really, why start at the bottom rung again, when they can fuse their already established public identities into something they feel is worthwhile...

I respect what you feel, and I don't really agree with that "it's not popular among Queen fans' bit, because i've heard just as much from both sides of the coin in the Queen camp..

Yep, I totally understand that aspect of it as well.

I understand what you're saying and I know deep down that you're right. It's just that this is such a touchy subject for me because of my feelings for Freddie. I try to be a grown up about it and see reason, but it's very hard for me.

As for the other bands you mentioned, no, I'm not fussed about them keeping their name while changing members. I'm not bothered that Dave Gilmour carried on with Pink Floyd when Roger left the band. I'm not bothered that AC/DC replaced Bon and kept going. Like I said, it's all about my feelings for Freddie. The emotional side of my brain is very sensitive about Brian and Roger "replacing" him with Paul Rodgers (on top of calling themselves Queen in the process), even though the logical side of my brain knows that really isn't what's happening, and even if that was what was happening, nobody can really replace Freddie, can they?

Well, I hope I haven't muddled up this issue even more, but... I probably have. :(

Bad Queen..lolol good one!

I heard somewhere they were going to tour. :huh:

Rodgers actually played in a venue on our state line, Wendover. I have no clue who was his band, I wasn't really hot on going.

I can't stand it when someone who was in a famous band finds a bunch of backups and bills themselves as the ORIGINAL band.

It is misleading and a ripoff.

At least some of them are honest and say on the bill: formerly of..............

I think that is the honest thing to do.

I also heard that new song's profits will partly go to an AIDS foundation.

Bad Queen..lolol good one!

I heard somewhere they were going to tour. :huh:

Rodgers actually played in a venue on our state line, Wendover. I have no clue who was his band, I wasn't really hot on going.

I can't stand it when someone who was in a famous band finds a bunch of backups and bills themselves as the ORIGINAL band.

It is misleading and a ripoff.

At least some of them are honest and say on the bill: formerly of..............

I think that is the honest thing to do.

I also heard that new song's profits will partly go to an AIDS foundation.

See, I agree with this, too.

I clearly can't debate this topic, because my feelings are all over the place on this issue.

See, I agree with this, too.

I clearly can't debate this topic, because my feelings are all over the place on this issue.

Even though I'm arguing this point with you a bit, let it be known that I do admire your feelings for Freddie..

He was such an amazing performer. A true one-off. Front man extraordinaire!

Even though I'm arguing this point with you a bit, let it be known that I do admire your feelings for Freddie..

He was such an amazing performer. A true one-off. Front man extraordinaire!

:) Thanks for going easy on me. :lol:

Freddie is the one big love of my life (pardon the pun) in terms of rock stars. To me, he's just the ultimate, and I admit I have no objectivity at all where he's concerned. :)

• 1 month later...
Is it for anyone to say what they should be writing?

They can write whatever they want. That doesn't mean anyone's going to want to listen to it. That's usually the way it works. As a performer, you can't completely disregard expectations.

"Say It's Not True" is now available for FREE download at www.queenonline.com!

In the meantime, here's the promo video. I think it sounds great!

www.46664.com/118/

Oh my...that was dreadful :thumbdown:

It says on the website that it's a World Aids Day song...so that suggests it's for charity..but it's a free download. I'm confused?!?

Archived