NOEL GALLAGHER attacked on stage in Toronto

TheZeppyWanderer

I was there on Sunday and it definetely ruined the evening. Up to that point, Oasis was sounding great, pumping out tune after tune until the incident. Then, the moronic acts of one person ruins it for anyone. I was actually surprised Oasis came back on after (especially knowing the Gallaghers), but they cut their set short about 25 minutes, and you could tell they were only going threw the motions.

It's pretty sad that there are such stupid people out there, and it's even more disspointing that one idiot gives the whole city at bad name, even though it's something that could've happened anywhere.

• 2 weeks later...
They have always been a risk. In 1971, Frank Zappa was pushed off the stage into the orchestra pit (15 feet below) at London's Rainbow Theatre. He sustained a broken leg and a fractured rib.

RB

"The band thought I was dead." says Frank in The Real Frank Zappa Book. "I had fallen fifteen feet down into a concrete-floored orchestra pit, my head was over on my shoulder and my neck was bent like it was broken. I had a gash in my chin, a hole in the back of my head, a broken rib and a fractured leg. One arm was paralyzed."

"When my head had gone over onto my shoulder, it had crushed my larynx, so I couldn't talk. As a result of that, the pitch of my voice dropped a third and has stayed that way ever since (having a low voice is nice, but I would have preferred some other means of acquiring it)."

• 2 months later...

Hi:

There's a write-up today in the London Free Press re. the incident. The band is scheduled to be in London on Monday to make up for the cancelled gig due to Noel's injury.

So far the weather looks good for the beginning of next week...I hope to go but will have to cancel if there's a bad storm..

http://www.lfpress.com/ Click on TODAY

Juliet

PS I hope someone will take the band and opening bands to see the lights in Victoria Park if there's time before or after the show

Hi Roxie:

I hope you get to the show..

I should clarify what I meant by good weather..it doesn't look like it will be severe cold or heavy snowfall...in fact the forecast for London has a mix of rain and snow on Sunday, rain on Monday and 8 degress (Celcius) then the temp drops to -3 on Tuesday..it's been like that for while now...a real mishmash of weather.....

I'm prepared for anything at this time of year...always have been because I've grown up in this snowbelt area of Ontario...

Juliet :wave:

Edited by Juliet

Hi Roxie:

I can't get to the show.not feeling well due to my annual cold that has got worse over the past 24 hours...I'll be o.k....just has some green tea...

The weather is mild and windy now but will it turn much colder throughout today and tonight..take care..

HAVE A GREAT TIME...I hope you can write a review

Juliet :wave:

PS I hope no harm comes to any band member

Hello Roxie:

I read two reviews;one in the early edition that goes to people outside of London (like me) and one from the London Free Press' on-line edition. Both praised the show ;however in their on-line edition Liam called some people in the audience "ugly lady birds"..I'm glad I didn't go....

Juliet :coffee:

I thought the show was great, and I'm not a HUGE Oasis fan. Liam dedicated a song to "all the beautiful ladies in the audience". But maybe with his accent no one could understand him. :lol: He was in a GREAT mood last night. I think I even saw a smile. I had 2nd row seats, so I'm almost positive it was a smile. :) Noel was in a great mood too, considering the last fiasco. I'd definitely go see them again.