NOEL GALLAGHER attacked on stage in Toronto

TheZeppyWanderer

Oasis guitarist Noel Gallagher has been attacked (pushed off stage) whilst playing at the V Festival in Toronto.

He is reported to have suffered fractures, including a cracked rib, and may be forced to miss future shows.

Video .... http://www.planetrock.co.uk/article.asp?id=877093

Oh well he is blue nose anyway so poor him lol !!

Oasis guitarist Noel Gallagher has been attacked (pushed off stage) whilst playing at the V Festival in Toronto.

He is reported to have suffered fractures, including a cracked rib, and may be forced to miss future shows.

"And after all, You're my wonderfall"

Hi Zeppy,

Nice one, shame it wasn't Liam, as Woodsy said "Thats Rock and Roll mate."

Regards, Danny

Liam turned and, realizing what took place, tried to confront the fellow as he was led off. He appeared to kick the guy before all parties were no longer visible.

I don't know anything about Oasis having never listened to their music that I can remember but this part of the news article stuck with me. It seems cowardly to kick a guy while he is being held. The guy probably deserved it but still....

Amazing how one moron can screw up a whole tour. Can you imagine if that had been Jimmy or Robert ! We can add that kind of nonsense to the list of reasons not to tour

Amazing how one moron can screw up a whole tour. Can you imagine if that had been Jimmy or Robert ! We can add that kind of nonsense to the list of reasons not to tour

That's why you must limit easy access to the stage. It's also a good reason to play smaller venues. There are fewer people to watch.

That's why you must limit easy access to the stage. It's also a good reason to play smaller venues. There are fewer people to watch.

The intimacy is a big part of a live show. One of my favorite concerts was the Ozzy No More Tears show at the Orpheum in Boston where Mike Inez jumped into the audience at one point and later on during Paranoid Ozzy let everybody get onstage and dance. It's a great thing to behold that level of trust between the band and its fans.

Hi:

The band is supposed to play in London Canada this eve at the John Labatt Centre...The local paper just advises fans to keep checking to see if the gig will go on...

I didn't see anyone hurting the artists the last time I was at the JLC. I unfortunately was put off by the misbehaviors in my row who were allowed to stay. I was distracted by the amount of security who were either pacing back and forth, staring at fans and/or removing the misbehaviors. I paid top price for my seat and I was very disappointed...it will be awhile before I go back if ever....

I've just heard that the show has been postponed. I'm glad it's not cancelled all together since I had tickets for it tonight.

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE September 9, 2008

OASIS

TUESDAY, SEPTEMBER 9, 2008

JOHN LABATT CENTRE – LONDON

**DATE POSTPONED**

Following an incident during Oasis' performance at the Virgin Festival in Toronto, when Noel was attacked by a stage invader Oasis are regrettably being forced to announce that tonight's show in London, Ontario cannot go ahead as planned.

Noel fell heavily on to his monitor speakers when he was pushed suddenly from behind by his attacker and suffered bruising to his ribs and hip. He was examined in a local hospital after the band's performance and has been advised to rest. Unfortunately, despite resting up yesterday, the extent of his injuries mean he will not be able to perform tonight. The band are very keen to complete their Canadian tour and options for rescheduling the final London, Ontario show are currently being looked into. Ticket holders are asked to retain their tickets until a further announcement is made in a few days.

Was the guy drunk, I wonder. Some jerk threw a wine glass at Dylan last weekend, no one did anything. There was little if any security. :huh:

Shows can be dangerous these days. :unsure:

Was the guy drunk, I wonder. Some jerk threw a wine glass at Dylan last weekend, no one did anything. There was little if any security. :huh:

Shows can be dangerous these days. :unsure:

:o I'm amazed that there are still venues that serve drinks in glass, HP - for safety's sake, plastic is very much the only way to go at a gig surely.

When I'm leaving the Robin it's quite usual to wade through the cartons on the floor - they get dropped accidentally, and anyway what do you do if you can't move for an hour ? Most people just drop 'em at their feet.

:o I'm amazed that there are still venues that serve drinks in glass, HP - for safety's sake, plastic is very much the only way to go at a gig surely.

When I'm leaving the Robin it's quite usual to wade through the cartons on the floor - they get dropped accidentally, and anyway what do you do if you can't move for an hour ? Most people just drop 'em at their feet.

Reports in Toronto papers that the attacker had a back-stage pass. Virgin and Oasis security are miffed as to the breach as they felt security was tight to begin with

This venue allows open drinking, bring your own in a cooler and/or basket, and yeah, glasses. :blink: I was amazed actually that everyone waiting in line for HOURS..(general admission) were getting plastered. When their coolers ran out of beer or wine, they'd haul ass back to the car and pick up a few more six packs or bottles. There was a small group next to where we were standing, during the show, and they were so drunk they were laying all over each other and you could smell the wine from them. :huh::blink:

The "rule" was probably made for the richer folk up in the mountains that watch the symphony play there in the summer.

The intimacy is a big part of a live show. One of my favorite concerts was the Ozzy No More Tears show at the Orpheum in Boston where Mike Inez jumped into the audience at one point and later on during Paranoid Ozzy let everybody get onstage and dance. It's a great thing to behold that level of trust between the band and its fans.

Ozzy has his own way of looking at things.

I've just heard that the show has been postponed. I'm glad it's not cancelled all together since I had tickets for it tonight.

Hello:

The report in the London paper today states that the show will be re-booked for December 15...

I am ashamed at the behavior of some fans.....the lack of respect, for artists and/or fans who travel for these gigs, upsets me...

Juliet

PS GET WELL SOON NOEL

Hello:

Roxie:...Yes, it's a good thing that the gig has been re-booked. I feel bad for those who won't be able to make it in December...I am also concerned about the weather. We are having a great week of weather here now. It could be a whole different story in mid-December. It's a snow belt out this way. I would hate if more hardship happened if the band or fans had accidents caused by a snow storm...Start preparing the car and tour bus for winter weather now....that's my advice.

I read where the offender will have his next court date in October!!!!! He has been released until then...Our Canadian justice system is a FARCE. AND ISN'T IT IRONIC THAT HARPER RECENTLY PASSED MORE LAWS TO SHOW HE WAS GETTING TOUGH ON CRIME!!!!!! TOUGH..I THINK NOT!!!!

If I was in charge, the offender would write 7000 letters of apology to all the OASIS fans who had tickets for last night's gig. I heard there were 7000 tickets sold. He should also write letters of apology to Noel and all the other members fo the band and crew, as well as, all the staff at The JLC. Ryan Adams and The Cardinals, the opening bands and their crew should get letters to....then he would never be allowed at a concert again...and I would take his CD collection away....then send him to jail!!!!!

Juliet :angry:

Archived