Oh CANADA!

ZoSoDragon

At the moment, it's hard to support any political party. Don't think anyone is standing up for what they believe in . Me thinks this coalition needs to be dissolved and new leaders need to be leading their party's. Mind you, finding REAL leaders these day's is no easy task !

You said it! Where are they? They sure aren't here!

• 2 weeks later...

So what does everyone think about William Shatner as Govenor General?

Think it could happen? I think it is highly unlikely - Harper wouldn't go for it, that man has a black hole where his heart is with NO sence of humour AT ALL.

I also think Bill would decline - "Thanks, but, No"

Kind of funny though - my mum was all excited about some FB group that was getting a petion together.

How much longer does Jean have? Jury is out on her OTJ performance. Don't like her hubby though. He looks like a party in a can, doesn't he?

So what does everyone think about William Shatner as Govenor General?

Think it could happen? I think it is highly unlikely - Harper wouldn't go for it, that man has a black hole where his heart is with NO sence of humour AT ALL.

I also think Bill would decline - "Thanks, but, No"

Kind of funny though - my mum was all excited about some FB group that was getting a petion together.

How much longer does Jean have? Jury is out on her OTJ performance. Don't like her hubby though. He looks like a party in a can, doesn't he?

Don't think it will happen with Shatner but there will be many other names thrown into the ring as well. I just hope that whoever it is, it's a qualified person and not some politically motivated appointment. Given the state of Canadian politics, we'll need someone who understands the role of GG and all that goes with it.

Don't think it will happen with Shatner but there will be many other names thrown into the ring as well. I just hope that whoever it is, it's a qualified person and not some politically motivated appointment. Given the state of Canadian politics, we'll need someone who understands the role of GG and all that goes with it.

Harper's an idiot! Michelle Jean is a great governor general. Sexy too!

Hi:

I don't have the link to the story but there was a black male bear in London Canada this week..they think it walked from the Bruce Peninsula..The police had to kill it because it was very angry and close to homes and a school. The wildlife people could not get there in time to capture it ...

Juliet

Edited by Juliet

Oh Yeah.... it takes me right back to the 6th grade, in the darkened lunchroom, full of students, watching a narrated 35mm "educational" film. biggrin.gif

biggrin.gif I hear ya Rover ! When we didn't, the monitors had their hands full laugh.gif

Bachman, Turner reunite for album

bachman-turner.jpg

Canadian rock legends Randy Bachman and Fred Turner are reuniting for their first album in more than 20 years, to be released this September.

The two musicians, who dominated '70s rock in Bachman-Turner Overdrive, plan to return to that stripped-down rock sound in the as-yet-untitled new album, they announced Thursday.

They're offering a taste of their new work with the free release of the first track, Rock n' Roll is the Only Way Out, on their website. They have each written new songs for the album.

Bachman had originally intended Rock n' Roll for a solo album, which would have included vocal work from other artists.

But after Turner, the bassist for BTO, agreed to lend his gritty voice to the song, the two came to an agreement to work together on a new album.

"It turned out so incredible that I asked if he wanted to sing on a few more, send me some of his original material and from that it morphed into a Bachman & Turner project," Bachman said in a news statement.

BTO broke up in 1977 and reunited off and on in the 1980s and 1990s, both with and without Randy Bachman. Turner has been retired from music since the 1990s.

Bachman continues to record as a solo artist and jazz artist and is host of the popular CBC Radio show Vinyl Tap.

The two plan to tour together, playing old hits and songs from the new album, beginning with the Sweden Rock Festival in June.

Brent Howard, Marc LaFrance and Mick Dalla-Vee are the backup band.

Read more: http://www.cbc.ca/arts/music/story/2010/05/06/bachman-turner-album.html#ixzz0nAo8vTMe

Edited by The Pagemeister

• 2 weeks later...

I have the dumbest question ever. Today I learned what a toque is, and that in America we would call it a beanie. Here's where it gets confusing for me, because I differentiate between a "ski cap" and a "beanie." A ski cap has that little puffball of yarn on top, whereas a beanie does not. Also, a beanie can have a brim (whose sole purpose is to make you look like a dumbass, from what I can gather), whereas a ski cap cannot. After looking up "ski cap" and "beanie" on Google Images, though, it seems like they're kind of interchangeable, so I guess I'm the only weirdo who came up with that difference. But just to make sure, can a toque come either way, with or without puffball?

Examples:

steveycanada2010-3.jpg

This is what I would consider a ski cap.

2238373256_ac64d925bf.jpg

This is a beanie.

Now, you can tell why the difference is so important to me. There's Steve Yzerman, looking way rad in his Olympics "ski cap," and then there's Eminem, looking like his usual jackass self in a "beanie" and serving as a model for jackasses everywhere (my apologies if you wear beanies - maybe it's just because nobody really needs to wear them in So Cal, and so only jackasses who would wear a hat in 90 degree weather are attracted to them around here). Does this difference exist in Canada when talking about toques, or am I just completely crazy, as usual?

Footsteps,

Yzerman: toque: check

eminem: toque: check: dumbass: also check

I agree, only jackasses wear toques in 90 degree weather. I giggle everytime I think of Steve and Em meeting one day, toque to toque!!nhl.gif

Ah, okay, thank you so much, guys! I can sleep at night now, hehe!

Oh man, what I'd give to see Stevie make Eminem eat some shaved ice... Hey, they both live around Detroit - maybe someday their beer league teams will play each other...I hope Darren McCarty's on Steve's team, muahaha. Don't know if he still lives in Detroit, though.

On a completely different subject, man I wish we had a Tim Hortons around here. I ordered that Center Ice thing on TV where you get out-of-market hockey games, and the local TV feeds always have Tim Hortons ads on. Looks good. Is it actually good? Their coffee can't be any worse than Starbucks, that's for sure. And I want to try one of those Timbits things, hehe.