The NBA Thread! 08

eagle87

Monster trade sends Camello Anthony to the New York Knicks, where he always wanted to go. One reports says, if your name is not Amade Stoddemyre you have been traded. The Knicks basically traded their entire team to Denver and Minnesota is involved also. So Chauncy Billups and Carmello Anthony will make their NY Knicks debut Wed night at the Garden vs Milwaukee.

• 2 months later...

This is the only NBA thread I could find. I had picked Dallas before. And I pick them now, Think Dallas will take down Miami in the finals. Whoever survives the Memphis and Ok /City series will go down in flames to Dallas. I think Memphis should win that series but who knows. Dallas will beat either. Would be nice to see Nowitski win one. I will be rooting for them over the greedy Heat.

Dallas finally looks to have shaken its post season mediocrity. the hundredth time's a charm, I guess. So long as Miami doesn't win, I'm ok with any deserving team. Dallas has a very balanced team, and I agree they're the one to beat in the West simply because of experience. OKC and Memphis are just cutting their teeth (that triple overtime game was really something) this year but both are on the upswing. Dallas is in win-now mode like the Lakers had been up until this year when they looked really old and nonchalant. I agree - it would be nice to see Dirk finally win one.

Dallas finally looks to have shaken its post season mediocrity. the hundredth time's a charm, I guess. So long as Miami doesn't win, I'm ok with any deserving team. Dallas has a very balanced team, and I agree they're the one to beat in the West simply because of experience. OKC and Memphis are just cutting their teeth (that triple overtime game was really something) this year but both are on the upswing. Dallas is in win-now mode like the Lakers had been up until this year when they looked really old and nonchalant. I agree - it would be nice to see Dirk finally win one.

I believe he is going to win and against Miami. I am not impressed with Chicago at all. Miami will beat them. Dallas will beat the winner of Ok City and Memphis sleepwalking. No contest. Dallas in four or five. And then a very good rematch of a few years back. No Shaq, different team. Lebron and Wade will be tough but they have no answer for Nowitski down low. None. He will eat Bosh for breakfast. Terry may be the best off the bench guy in the game. Dallas, its their year.

The Lakers LOST TO DALLAS!?!? You mean, it wasn't some terrible absinthe-induced nigtmare?

Sorry...but I'm still in pain. And I've already posted my grief over the Lakers, only somehow I didn't see this NBA thread, so I vented my thoughts on the "what made you unhappy today thread?".

I'm just having a hard time letting the anger go...the Lakers going out like that, and to Dallas, a team we've owned the last few years.

But, fair is fair...the Lakers got beat so I gotta give props to the Mavs. Maybe it IS their year...FINALLY.

At least they're getting plenty of rest while OKC and Memphis battle on. Of all those teams, I guess I want Dallas to come out; at least then the Lakers can say they lost to the champion.

In the east, it's easy: I'm rooting for Chicago. D-Rose and Noah(son of French tennis great Yannick!) are major fun to watch. Besides, if Miami gets to the finals, it will be 2006 all over again: Dallas won't be able to breathe on Dywane Wade without having a foul called.

Just my 2 cents...oh, make it a nickel. :)

Dallas vs. OKC

All start times 8 pm Central - ESPN

Tues. 5/17 @ DAL

Thurs. 5/19 @ DAL

Sat. 5/21 @ OKC

Mon. 5/23 @ OKC

Wed. 5/25 @ DAL

Fri. 5/27 @ OKC

Sun. 5/29 @ DAL

(BTY, the MIA series starts 2 days before the Dallas series, but the MIA series ends 1 day after the Dallas series, if both go to a Game 7.)

http://www.nba.com/schedules/national_tv_schedule/index.html

Edited by The Rover

I believe he is going to win and against Miami. I am not impressed with Chicago at all. Miami will beat them. Dallas will beat the winner of Ok City and Memphis sleepwalking. No contest. Dallas in four or five. And then a very good rematch of a few years back. No Shaq, different team. Lebron and Wade will be tough but they have no answer for Nowitski down low. None. He will eat Bosh for breakfast. Terry may be the best off the bench guy in the game. Dallas, its their year.

I don't know about that, Silver. It's a balanced team, with strengths that the Heat have trouble with - a great point guard and strong interior D presence. Plus they're young (tons of energy) and their coach has them very well prepared and disciplined. Once the Bulls settled their nerves, the Heat had no answers for them. It'll be an interesting series. I think it's the Bulls' to lose.

The Lakers LOST TO DALLAS!?!? You mean, it wasn't some terrible absinthe-induced nigtmare?

Sorry...but I'm still in pain. And I've already posted my grief over the Lakers, only somehow I didn't see this NBA thread, so I vented my thoughts on the "what made you unhappy today thread?".

I'm just having a hard time letting the anger go...the Lakers going out like that, and to Dallas, a team we've owned the last few years.

But, fair is fair...the Lakers got beat so I gotta give props to the Mavs. Maybe it IS their year...FINALLY.

At least they're getting plenty of rest while OKC and Memphis battle on. Of all those teams, I guess I want Dallas to come out; at least then the Lakers can say they lost to the champion.

In the east, it's easy: I'm rooting for Chicago. D-Rose and Noah(son of French tennis great Yannick!) are major fun to watch. Besides, if Miami gets to the finals, it will be 2006 all over again: Dallas won't be able to breathe on Dywane Wade without having a foul called.

Just my 2 cents...oh, make it a nickel. :)

Yannick is one of my favourites, along with Becker and Edberg. It was hard to watch the Lakers go down so gracelessly as I was hoping for the dynastic three-peat, alas, some sort of internal conflict and complacency did them in. Jackson deserved better.

Dallas vs. OKC

All start times 8 pm Central - ESPN

Tues. 5/17 @ DAL

Thurs. 5/19 @ DAL

Sat. 5/21 @ OKC

Mon. 5/23 @ OKC

Wed. 5/25 @ DAL

Fri. 5/27 @ OKC

Sun. 5/29 @ DAL

(BTY, the MIA series starts 2 days before the Dallas series, but the MIA series ends 1 day after the Dallas series, if both go to a Game 7.)

http://www.nba.com/schedules/national_tv_schedule/index.html

The Heat fix is in. The championship was in the west for a while so now it has to swing the other way. I don't even mind calls that go to established stars, or going harder on the rookies, but the phantom/protection calls of stars has been ridiculous.

Just like at the dunk contest. The company whose car that Griffin jumped over for his final dunk to 'win' the dunk contest sponsored said contest. As Strider mentioned, Lebron and Wade will get the star calls (shockingly Chitown got some hometown love in foul calls against the Heat) so that's another hurdle for the Bulls to get over. The home edge because of their better regular season record should work in their favour. Should.

GO BULLS !

YES! (or Dallas!)

Dirk Nowitski is just plain incredible. Last nights performance was one of the best of all time. He is going to be unstoppable. Let Miami doublel him and they will pay the price. Nobody and I mean nobody can guard him from the Heat. He is going to take Bosh and lebron to school.

Hi-ho Silver,all,

Dirk Nowitski is just plain incredible. Last nights performance was one of the best of all time. He is going to be unstoppable. Let Miami doublel him and they will pay the price. Nobody and I mean nobody can guard him from the Heat. He is going to take Bosh and lebron to school.

Agreed.

KB

Hi-ho Silver,all,

Agreed.

KB

That was one of the greatest performances I have ever seen. Nowitski is a freak. Go Dallas. I love this team. As Van Gundy put it, the shots he made were legendary. On a scale of difficulty 1-10 they were a 12. The shot he made one handed was just nuts. After Jason Kid hit that three in OT did you ever see a team look so beaten as Okla City? They looked like they got bitch slapped silly and were waiting for more. Nowitski took them down. The guy is fuckiing unreal.

I realize OKC is a young team...but still, up 15 with less than 5 to go? That's a choke job.

Westbrook still needs to learn how to be a point guard. And why is Durant settling for jacking up 30-footers. Meltdown city.

With tonights win by Miami, it looks like the NBA Finals wil be a rematch of 2006: Dallas vs. Miami

Only this time I hope the result is different. GO DALLAS! GO DIRK!

I realize OKC is a young team...but still, up 15 with less than 5 to go? That's a choke job.

Westbrook still needs to learn how to be a point guard. And why is Durant settling for jacking up 30-footers. Meltdown city.

With tonights win by Miami, it looks like the NBA Finals wil be a rematch of 2006: Dallas vs. Miami

Only this time I hope the result is different. GO DALLAS! GO DIRK!

I am with you and I believe Dallas will win. Nobody can stop Dirk. He is going to give Lebron a lesson. My money is down on Dallas. I am going to lay the 6 1/2 tonight against a team that looks like they got spanked by daddy and are waiting for their next ass whippin.

Marion saved Dallas last night. Great defense and his shooting. Dallas has to find a way to stop Lebron or WAde from driving the paint. Marion is one answer. Need one more. I dont think they can stop Dirk either. Will be a good one. I am going to pick Dallas in six. But first, Miami must dispose of Chicago. It may not happen tonight. Could go back to Miami

I love how there's so little interest in basketball, this thread is still being used 3 years later.

yOYOU irritating silver, or just find the NBA boring as shit? just pondering...

yOYOU irritating silver, or just find the NBA boring as shit? just pondering...

I find the NBA boring as shit, TBH. I just thought it was funny that several sports here have their own threads per season, but basketball doesn't. Everyone's still plugging along, using the one started in 2008.

No need to assume more is going on than there is.

The NBA is in my DNA. That's what happens when you've been a LA Laker fan since 1969. I had to go through many years of suffering before the glory days of Magic's Showtime teams and the Phil Jackson era.

Electro, your locale is more a college basketball hotbed I think. No NBA tradition to speak of, so your antipathy is understandable.

But even with the Lakers out, I will still watch the Finals this week...hopefully Dallas can take Miami out. I don't know, still have reservations about Dallas defense.

But even with the Lakers out, I will still watch the Finals this week...hopefully Dallas can take Miami out. I don't know, still have reservations about Dallas defense.

. Or the athleticism they have to keep up with the "Heatles"! :lol:

The NBA is in my DNA. That's what happens when you've been a LA Laker fan since 1969. I had to go through many years of suffering before the glory days of Magic's Showtime teams and the Phil Jackson era.

Electro, your locale is more a college basketball hotbed I think. No NBA tradition to speak of, so your antipathy is understandable.

I've never liked basketball though, even when I lived in Chicago and it was Bulls Bulls Bulls all the time. I was born and raised there, and even when the Bulls were winning championships every year, I didn't care. All I was happy about was it was an excuse for my dad to grill.