Colorful language..

One and Only

Did Robert ever use profanity on stage? I listened through some of my live music from various artists, and noticed that Zep tends to be more gentle on the ears..

Not that I don't swear myself but, too many bands and artists over do it these day's IMHO. Zeppelin were alway's pretty classy B)

Not that I don't swear myself but, too many bands and artists over do it these day's IMHO. Zeppelin were alway's pretty classy B)

I don't know why artists feel the need to do this. Dave Grohl is a big offender of this in my opinion.

At the Les Paul Tribute Concert, which was attended by alot of 70 and 80 year olds, Richie Sambora dropped several F Bombs and several other profanities. It was totally unnecessary and he used it to get the attention of the younger members of the crowd. I wonder what the 80 year old grandmothers in the audience thought about it. You could almost hear the audience gasp when he let loose.

Edited to say that no other artists used any profanity that night.

There was one show, I beleive Sydney 2/27/72 just before (or maybe after) Black Dog Robert tells the fans if they cross the barrier "we'll be in the shit" he also went on to comment if the rain picked up they would have to stop or they would explode. I also remember 9/28?/71 (the one with Friends) Bonzo wandered off back stage and that was full of colorful commentary, after Robert gets the audience to chant MR. BONHAM! it is immeadiatley followed by Jimmy's "FOR FUCKS SAKE!" and then Robert was asking a roadie who seems to reply "I don't know" Robert responds rather sharply "Fuck you mate, where is he?". That section of the show alone makes the boot worth getting.

There was one show, I beleive Sydney 2/27/72 just before (or maybe after) Black Dog Robert tells the fans if they cross the barrier "we'll be in the shit" he also went on to comment if the rain picked up they would have to stop or they would explode. I also remember 9/28?/71 (the one with Friends) Bonzo wandered off back stage and that was full of colorful commentary, after Robert gets the audience to chant MR. BONHAM! it is immeadiatley followed by Jimmy's "FOR FUCKS SAKE!" and then Robert was asking a roadie who seems to reply "I don't know" Robert responds rather sharply "Fuck you mate, where is he?". That section of the show alone makes the boot worth getting.

http://nz.youtube.com/watch?v=dXE6t8HP3bs thats the 71 show.. what song was it?

if you remember off the top of your head

I don't know why artists feel the need to do this. Dave Grohl is a big offender of this in my opinion.

At the Les Paul Tribute Concert, which was attended by alot of 70 and 80 year olds, Richie Sambora dropped several F Bombs and several other profanities. It was totally unnecessary and he used it to get the attention of the younger members of the crowd. I wonder what the 80 year old grandmothers in the audience thought about it. You could almost hear the audience gasp when he let loose.

Edited to say that no other artists used any profanity that night.

I don't know why they do either ! Dave Grohl was embarassing at Wembley and IMHO his antics spoiled the moment. I must admit, I lose interest pretty fast with any artist that overdoes the swearing. I didn't like it when I was younger either but, I don't seem to recall it being much of an issue back then. Most of the artists were pretty cool without having to resort to endless use of the F Word. Now that I think about it though, I just remembered why I hate KISS :D

Archived