no john bonham no zeppelin

c mac

• 4 weeks later...
its been 28 years and to be honest the 77 and 80 tours left a bad taste in my ears the last time they sounded good live was in 73 let sleeping giants sleep

Their performance last year was better than most of their shows from 1977 and on.

I think the reason why those two tours weren't as great is because of the addictions plaguing the band. Zep were really sloppy. But now they're all clean and they can rock the universe with a tour!

Their performance last year was better than most of their shows from 1977 and on.

I think the reason why those two tours weren't as great is because of the addictions plaguing the band. Zep were really sloppy. But now they're all clean and they can rock the universe with a tour!

I am not 100% sure but didn't Jimmy Page break his finger in a train door on there 1975 tour? I think that maybe why some of the perfomances on the 75 tour were so poor. I sawe them in 77 and I thought they were amazing. Maybe I caught them on a couple good nights because the shows I saw were incredible. I will say I thought the reunion last year was as good as any of the performances I had seen or heard from Zeppelin in the past.

• 4 weeks later...
its been 28 years and to be honest the 77 and 80 tours left a bad taste in my ears the last time they sounded good live was in 73 let sleeping giants sleep

ya just like the one person said, guess you havent heard earls court and im currently watching the 77 seattle kingdome dvd and i love it so i dont get where ur coming from at all on that.. yea they may have sounded better but later days were still better than any band could fathom esp considering all the guitar parts jimmy had in alot of songs.. christ achilles has so many guitar parts it is hard to duplicate it live and he easily could have gotten another guitarist live to help him but he cared about the group image and its legacy

ya just like the one person said, guess you havent heard earls court and im currently watching the 77 seattle kingdome dvd and i love it so i dont get where ur coming from at all on that.. yea they may have sounded better but later days were still better than any band could fathom esp considering all the guitar parts jimmy had in alot of songs.. christ achilles has so many guitar parts it is hard to duplicate it live and he easily could have gotten another guitarist live to help him but he cared about the group image and its legacy

The same could be said of Ten Years Gone as well. Love the 1977 versions.

The same could be said of Ten Years Gone as well. Love the 1977 versions.

superdave.. thanks for that.. yea i should have said that too.. good point.. i was just leaving one example.. my fav song on the dvd is ten years gone.. the seattle kingdome dvd available on amazon

well its a video dvd.. not audio.. its perfect .. it was only 25 dollars.. ive been watching it alot since getting it.. absolutely phenomenal concert

Traders believe that there should be no exchange of money for bootlegs, whether they're audio or video. It's sort of an unwritten code if you will. They're generated via trading or offering torrents to download.

Edited by ninelives

I am not 100% sure but didn't Jimmy Page break his finger in a train door on there 1975 tour? I think that maybe why some of the perfomances on the 75 tour were so poor. I sawe them in 77 and I thought they were amazing. Maybe I caught them on a couple good nights because the shows I saw were incredible. I will say I thought the reunion last year was as good as any of the performances I had seen or heard from Zeppelin in the past.

1975 wasn't so great because their addictions were catching up with them. I would kill to see any of those shows, though.