Why I hate Yoko Ono

mightyzep247

Rolling_Stone_magazine_John_Lennon_Yoko_Ono.jpg

John Lennon loved her and Yoko loved him, that's enough for me. I also don't blame her for the breakup of the Beatles. Seems everyone needs a scapegoat and she just so happened to make a convenient one. There was much more at work that lead to their demise, it would have happened with or without Yoko. I'm not necessarily a fan of her art or her music, nor do I hate her. I have much more positive things to focus my energy on.

There was much more at work that lead to their demise, it would have happened with or without Yoko.

This is a far more realistic appraisal of the breakup of The Beatles. Everything goes in a cycle; it's created, reaches a peak and ultimately dies. They simply ran their course.

RB

This is a far more realistic appraisal of the breakup of The Beatles. Everything goes in a cycle; it's created, reaches a peak and ultimately dies. They simply ran their course.

RB

Personal changes led more to their disbanding than a musical running of their course, IMO. I have no doubts if they'd gotten along their music output would've continued to progress and enlighten the musical world. I don't see Abbey Road as the end all in terms of ...That's it, we have no more we can do !

What a swansong though, ehh ?

Personal changes led more to their disbanding than a musical running of their course...

Yes, this is the point I'm trying to put across. People change - grow up (or otherwise) and gradually shift towards different interests. That's why everything has a limited life; it's not just the music, but personal chemistry that becomes different due to outside influence. Being a part of something creative has that inherent risk, and the close proximity of the four men working together for the length of time that they did would take its toll, no matter how close they were at the beginning.

As for their swansong; I couldn't agree more.

RB

I don't see Abbey Road as the end all in terms of ...That's it, we have no more we can do !

Yes, this is the point I'm trying to put across. People change - grow up (or otherwise) and gradually shift towards different interests. That's why everything has a limited life; it's not just the music, but personal chemistry that becomes different due to outside influence. Being a part of something creative has that inherent risk, and the close proximity of the four men working together for the length of time that they did would take its toll, no matter how close they were at the beginning.

As for their swansong; I couldn't agree more.

RB

And ya know, it's poignant and ironic their last song on their last album was called The End.

After several seconds of silence however, Her Majesty comes on and even though it's a tribute to Robert Johnson (the finger picking is identical to Johnson's song They're Red Hot ), I see it as another poignant closing...

Her majesty's a pretty nice girl,

But she doesn't have a lot to say

Her majesty's a pretty nice girl

But she changes from day to day

I want to tell her that i love her a lot

But i gotta get a bellyful of wine

Her majesty's a pretty nice girl

Someday i'm going to make her mine, oh yeh,

Someday i'm going to make her mine.

My highlighted part makes me think of Paul referring to The Beatles as Her Majesty and the changes happening from day to day within their ranks and that he really wants to tell them He loves them alot

Just my take on it. Whacha think ?

My highlighted part makes me think of Paul referring to The Beatles as Her Majesty and the changes happening from day to day within their ranks and that he really wants to tell them He loves them alot

Just my take on it. Whacha think ?

Remarkable, as that is how I've always seen that track myself; Her Majesty being an oblique reference to The Beatles.

As for the Robert Johnson remark, where did you come across that? I'd be interested to know.

RB

Remarkable, as that is how I've always seen that track myself; Her Majesty being an oblique reference to The Beatles.

As for the Robert Johnson remark, where did you come across that? I'd be interested to know.

RB

Really ? You've interpreted that too ? Cool !!!! :D

I'd heard quite some time back about the music being from Robert Johnson tune, so I googled it and found out for sure. Some more notes of interest on it too....

"Her Majesty" is a song written by Paul McCartney (although credited to Lennon/McCartney) that appears on The Beatles' album Abbey Road. "Her Majesty" appears as the final track. It was originally placed between "Mean Mr. Mustard" and "Polythene Pam". Paul decided this sequence did not work and the song was edited out of the medley by Abbey Road Studios tape operator John Kurlander. He was instructed by McCartney to destroy the tape, but EMI policy stated that no Beatles recording was ever to be deleted.

The song was recorded in three takes on 2 July 1969, prior to The Beatles beginning work on Golden Slumbers/Carry That Weight. McCartney sang and simultaneously played an acoustic guitar accompaniment. The decision to exclude it from the Abbey Road medley was made on 30 July.[1]

The fourteen seconds of silence between "The End" and "Her Majesty" are the result of Kurlander’s lead out tape added to separate the song from the rest of the recording. The loud chord that occurs at the beginning of the song is the ending, as recorded, of "Mean Mr. Mustard".[2] "Her Majesty" ends abruptly because its own final note was left at the beginning of "Polythene Pam". Paul applauded Kurlander's "surprise effect" and the track became the unintended closer to the LP. The crudely-edited beginning and end of "Her Majesty" shows that it was not meant to be included in the final mix of the album; as McCartney says in The Beatles Anthology, "Typical Beatles - an accident." Consequently, both of the original sides of vinyl closed with a song that ended very abruptly (the other being I Want You (She's So Heavy)).

This song pays tribute to to 1930s blues singer Robert Johnson, in being an accurately fingerpicked version of Johnson's They're Red Hot with different words, McCartney singing "Her Majesty's a pretty nice girl" where Johnson had sung "Hot tamales and they're red hot".

At 23 seconds long, "Her Majesty" is the shortest song in the Beatles repertoire. ("Revolution 9" is the longest of their official releases.) The song was not listed on the original vinyl record's sleeve as the sleeves had already been printed; subsequent pressings and the CD edition correct this.[1] The song starts panned hard right and slowly pans to hard left.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Her_Majesty_(song)

Rolling_Stone_magazine_John_Lennon_Yoko_Ono.jpg

John Lennon loved her and Yoko loved him, that's enough for me. I also don't blame her for the breakup of the Beatles. Seems everyone needs a scapegoat and she just so happened to make a convenient one. There was much more at work that lead to their demise, it would have happened with or without Yoko. I'm not necessarily a fan of her art or her music, nor do I hate her. I have much more positive things to focus my energy on.

Well said Jahfin. B)

Still, I can't stand her. UGH.....even the thought of her screaky voice gives me shivers.

The tell all book written by one of her "assistant's"/drug dealer pal, revealed a selfish junkie who's main concern was keeping her heroin supply full at ALL times.

John was ignored, and IMHO used and abused by her. Denied him sex, making her choice on whom he should f***, May Pang. How sick is that!

And I believe it.

Still, I can't stand her. UGH.....even the thought of her screaky voice gives me shivers.

The tell all book written by one of her "assistant's"/drug dealer pal, revealed a selfish junkie who's main concern was keeping her heroin supply full at ALL times.

John was ignored, and IMHO used and abused by her. Denied him sex, making her choice on whom he should f***, May Pang. How sick is that!

And I believe it.

They were all sick with the habit. There are no rational decisions involved when you are within a heroin addiction.

John loved the woman, they were literally fucked up on junk....leave her alone.

Archived