Why I hate Yoko Ono

mightyzep247

Anyone remember the instrumental jam from "Rock & Roll Circus"?

You've got this great jam with Keith Richards, John Lennon, Eric Clapton and Mitch Mitchell. Awesome.

And then Yoko opens up her yap with "aaaAAAAAAaaaaAAAAaaaaAaaaAAAA!!!!" Fuck. :rant:

You've got this great jam with Keith Richards, John Lennon, Eric Clapton and Mitch Mitchell. Awesome.

And then Yoko opens up her yap with "aaaAAAAAAaaaaAAAAaaaaAaaaAAAA!!!!" Fuck. :rant:

:lol:

The thing about Yoko is there is no way she would have entered into the music scene unless John came around. She had no more business singing than any untalented chick in the audience. Poseur is the word that comes to mind. She should have stuck with experimental artwork instead of moving into a medium she had no aptitude for. The most tragic part of it is that John actually thought she had musical talent and there was something "important" going on there, rather than Yoko just being up on stage for no other reason than her association. But then again, Linda McCartney wasn't that much of an asset to Macca. They just kept the mix down on her.

The fact that Yoko actually had the balls to create a solo career for herself after John's death, and actually got some mileage riding on his coattails, is amazing to me. Shatner is a better singer.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UdBlZzuadLQ

The most tragic part of it is that John actually thought she had musical talent. But then again, Linda McCartney wasn't that much of an asset to Wings either. They just kept the mix down on her.

They both got the job because of love, not talent! :lol:

I'm the only person on the planet who really liked it. I have no idea why. Shoot me now.

:D Ha Ha !

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f3G0ct-480g

This video would've been awesome if it was just Lennon and Zappa but Yoko was there and its not as good. Just take a listen and you'll see what I mean.

i remember seeing the b52's back in the 80's and people saying the same thing about them. i loved 'em.

zappa was capable of doing some pretty absurd shit onstage his own damn self. i loved him, too...

i think yoko's thing was "why does it have to be this way" and to a certain extent, she was right and successful. double fantasy was excellent.

you're right about the rock and roll circus, in that lennon live with the others was electrifying and i didn't care to watch yoko's part over again.

i don't play her music much at home. i would be lying if i said i did....

edit to add: the footage is zappa's. he did a t'v show where he showed most of it, and i suspect it was originally bootlegged from that. it has been around for awhile, the audio even longer...

Why in the name of Christ does she ever get onstage? I sound better when I'm pissed off my face and think it's a great idea to try to sing Pavarotti. And I can't sing a note at the best of times.

If you sit in the guitarist's lap for long enough you can get him really confused if you are a girl. Before you know it he thinks you can sing, and presto, say hello to the stage and the audience. It's just like magic. You only need to hum a song off key for long enough and before you know it, you've got it. It's certainly better than doing nothing at an audition.

You have a much better chance of getting hired at an audition even if you sing off key, compared to the next person who does nothing, especially if you smile. Yoko Ono may have had a primitive sound, but you must admit that she was not boring.

Additionally, her bond with John Lennon went beyond the shallows and she inspired him creatively. Their musical relationship was overall a good thing. Imagine is a very lovely song that developed during this part of their lives. It's wrong to devalue this relationship.

It's a question of who we like and who we don't like. If you choose someone to sing who you like but may not be the best singer for your music, you can get disappointing results. If you select someone who you don't necessarily like but who can sing, at least the music sounds musical.

Of course Yoko Ono's dissonant sounds can be construed as music, but it's not the easy listening kind. It challenges the listener.

Yoko Ono had a reputation as an avant garde artist before she sang in front of a live audience with John Lennon. She probably looked on the experience as a necessary risk for the sake of being creatively different.

Exceptions are people like Ray Charles who actually objectively listen to the singer's voice to discern aesthetic quality before they choose her to accompany them onstage. Allison Krauss, for instance, has a beautiful voice in terms of sound quality alone.

If you sit in the guitarist's lap for long enough you can get him really confused if you are a girl. Before you know it he thinks you can sing, and presto, say hello to the stage and the audience. It's just like magic.

color]

Too right.

The crux of the matter is that Yoko Ono is still getting a reaction for what she did, some 37 years later, which is what it's all about. The worst thing that can happen to an artist is to be ignored. In that respect, she has achieved her goal, like it or loathe it.

RB

The crux of the matter is that Yoko Ono is still getting a reaction for what she did, some 37 years later, which is what it's all about. The worst thing that can happen to an artist is to be ignored. In that respect, she has achieved her goal, like it or loathe it.

RB

That is a good point.

Let's not forget her totally awesome modern works of art.....

0809yokoono01.jpg

"Fly on a Tit"

ono4.gif

"Hammer-Head".......Over 50 people couldn't pound straight as Yoko sang.

413374934_f2bccc1cb5.jpg

This imaginative piece was inspired by that great Beatle tune, "You Know My Name (Look up my number)"

0809yokoono01.jpg

"Fly on a Tit"

ono4.gif

413374934_f2bccc1cb5.jpg

This imaginative piece was inspired by that great Beatle tune, "You Know My Name (Look up my number)"

:hysterical: :hysterical:

It sounded like a baby goat looking for it's mother.

0809yokoono01.jpg

"Fly on a Tit"

ono4.gif

413374934_f2bccc1cb5.jpg

O

M

F

G

BUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(pauses for breath)

AHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHHAHAHA!!!!

I was having a rough morning and these two posts just brought out a burst of laughs.

Thanks for the mood brightener, Ladies & Gents

Is it any wonder nobody names their kids Judas or Yoko anymore?

EDITED to add: :hysterical: that second one especially, oh God, BongMan, I just can't take it :hysterical:

Archived