Raising Sand nominated for Grammy Album of the Year!

To steer this thread back on topic, surely with the number of nominations they have they will be asked to perform, however some of the RS band members already have conflicts in Feb, so I wonder if the studio musicians that recorded the album will be used? Or if T-Bone, Alison and Robert will perform a number acoustic with a simple guitar/Alison's fiddle?

Would it be possible for them to bring up something new?

However I'll be waiting anxiously. :D

Whatever they come up with, I am sure it will sound great. :D

Oh, maybe one more thing I'd like to ask. You mentioned that some studio musicians already have termine conflicts in February. And Robert said they will go into the studio in January.

Will they probably change the studio line-up?

I realize that some of his younger fans are opinionated and don't know any better, but I do recall a nicer Robert Plant.

Robert has gained a whole new generation of Americana fans in Nashville, twenty-somethings that know very little about his days with Led Zeppelin, because he and his very limited entourage have been so nice to everyone they meet. I really do not know how he could be any nicer than he has been here in Nashville.

I would love it if Buddy Miller could at least perform on the Grammy stage. Buddy and his wife Julie are like the new Johnny Cash and June of the Nashville scene, if there is any couple in music with a bigger "cool" factor I do not know who it is. More of America needs to know about Buddy, IMO. I am so happy that Robert recorded a song for their new album.

To steer this thread back on topic, surely with the number of nominations they have they will be asked to perform, however some of the RS band members already have conflicts in Feb, so I wonder if the studio musicians that recorded the album will be used? Or if T-Bone, Alison and Robert will perform a number acoustic with a simple guitar/Alison's fiddle?

An acoustic number with him, Alison and T Bone would be fantastic! Or as Glicine suggested, maybe something new, though I guess it would depend on how far they have gotten in the studio.

Will be interesting though in regards to who will be on the next album if it will be the studio musicians or the touring musicians (which I realise some served both).

Robert has gained a whole new generation of Americana fans in Nashville, twenty-somethings that know very little about his days with Led Zeppelin, because he and his very limited entourage have been so nice to everyone they meet. I really do not know how he could be any nicer than he has been here in Nashville.

I would love it if Buddy Miller could at least perform on the Grammy stage. Buddy and his wife Julie are like the new Johnny Cash and June of the Nashville scene, if there is any couple in music with a bigger "cool" factor I do not know who it is. More of America needs to know about Buddy, IMO. I am so happy that Robert recorded a song for their new album.

I would LOVE to see Buddy perform as well! The more I've heard of his songs, the more I like it. He's a really amazing musician. I'm happy Robert recorded a song with them as well and look forward to hearing it as well as the full album next year!

Nashville has been the same ever since they fired Hank Williams from the Opry. Nothing from Nashville ever surprises me.

Oh, maybe one more thing I'd like to ask. You mentioned that some studio musicians already have termine conflicts in February. And Robert said they will go into the studio in January.

Will they probably change the studio line-up?

If you notice, the musicians that recorded the original CD are different (in some cases) than the Raising Sand band that went on tour. Keep in mind that is not unusual by Nashville standards, there are very talented musicians that can stay busy with different artists year round and never join a touring band. Studio musicians can always be found, even at the last minute. The conflicts are with the band that toured. However, if Alison, Robert and T Bone decide to do the band thing for the Grammys, I hope it will work out. I thought the band was incredible on the tour.

If you notice, the musicians that recorded the original CD are different (in some cases) than the Raising Sand band that went on tour. Keep in mind that is not unusual by Nashville standards, there are very talented musicians that can stay busy with different artists year round and never join a touring band. Studio musicians can always be found, even at the last minute. The conflicts are with the band that toured. However, if Alison, Robert and T Bone decide to do the band thing for the Grammys, I hope it will work out. I thought the band was incredible on the tour.

Yes I've noticed that. And I agree the band was amazing on the tour.

And one more thing, I know I can trust their choice. As you said, there are a lot of talented musicians around. :)

Nashville has been the same ever since they fired Hank Williams from the Opry. Nothing from Nashville ever surprises me.

Hank Williams and Johnny Cash were fired from the Opry for destruction of dressing rooms and property. Led Zeppelin did not invent that behavior. Unlike Led Zeppelin, the Opry could not afford to replace speakers, monitors, and refurbish the backstage area. That is not a reflection on Nashville, it is a reflection of financial limitations of WSM and the Opry.

Nashville is a supportive environment for all musicians, in all phases of their careers. Everyone from Jack White to Paul McCartney to Keith Richards has worked and recorded in Nashville at some point in time.

Reap what you sow is not mean-spirited, it's a biblical phrase. "Whatsoever a man soweth, that shall he also reap" - Galatians VI . I believe this. What goes around comes around.

Instant karmas gonna get you!

That is incorrect. Those letters to the Galatians are less than perfect and they are not the Gospel truth. And it is mean-spirited in the context of the song.

What really counts is when you have someone's best interests at heart. I guess John Lennon had an axe to grind, like so many others, but that in no way substitutes for a true love. If only he could have been at peace with himself.

The winter is the world, the summer the other eternal realm (aeon). Let us sow in the world that we may reap in the summer. Gospel of Philip 52

"Consider the ravens, for they neither sow nor reap; they have no storeroom nor barn, and yet God feeds them; how much more valuable you are than the birds!

Gospel of Luke 12:24

If you notice, the musicians that recorded the original CD are different (in some cases) than the Raising Sand band that went on tour. Keep in mind that is not unusual by Nashville standards, t

Not unusual not only by Nashville, but the entire industry. Its been going on since the advent of recording.

Agreed, Buddy is amazing! I would love to hear the song Robert recorded for the new album. Also, Robert's venture into the Americana scene has really sparked my interest and has opened me up to listening to some other great stuff that I otherwise may not have listened to on my own. B)

Agreed, Buddy is amazing! I would love to hear the song Robert recorded for the new album. Also, Robert's venture into the Americana scene has really sparked my interest and has opened me up to listening to some other great stuff that I otherwise may not have listened to on my own. B)

I'm looking forward to hearing the song as well. I believe it's out next March. I too have discovered a lot of great music through the Raising Sand project that I've either only vaguely been aware of or not heard at all!

I still dream of seeing Robert and Alison on stage with Ralph Stanley at the Opry. The historical value of that would be overwhelming for an Appalachian rock and roll fan like myself. It could happen, although Ralph is getting up there in years and cutting back on his live performances. :)

I still dream of seeing Robert and Alison on stage with Ralph Stanley at the Opry. The historical value of that would be overwhelming for an Appalachian rock and roll fan like myself. It could happen, although Ralph is getting up there in years and cutting back on his live performances. :)

That would be a truly amazing evening! I'd love to just see Ralph perform but with Robert and Alison, well icing on the cake indeed!

Now that would be very nice! It would be great to see Alison back at the Opry since she hasn't been there in a while. Perhaps there is room on her 2009 calendar and she will bring Robert and Ralph along. I will keep hoping! :D

I think Alison will do more of her own work with the Union Station in 2009 (even if/when she records the follow up to raising sand). I just saw another collaboration (DVD) from Alison at Wal-Mart (when browsing the music section). Robert was not on the collaboration DVD (Brad Paisley and others were).

R B)

I think Alison will do more of her own work with the Union Station in 2009 (even if/when she records the follow up to raising sand). I just saw another collaboration (DVD) from Alison at Wal-Mart (when browsing the music section). Robert was not on the collaboration DVD (Brad Paisley and others were).

R B)

I think Alison will have more time with the Union Station as well, while I still haven't given up the hope of Strange Sensation. :(

It would be cool to see them get a grammy for that record. i thought -mighty rearranger should have gotten one, but it would make more grammy sense for the plant/krauss record to be recognized.

I thought Mighty Rearranger should have won as well.

I think Alison will have more time with the Union Station as well, while I still haven't given up the hope of Strange Sensation. :(

I would love to see another Strange Sensation record too Glicine :yesnod: Amazing band they were.

R B)

I think Alison will have an extremely busy 2009. I predict new (Bluegrass) work and a tour with Union Station, followed by the release of another Americana project with T Bone and Robert and others.

Archived