Legendary Olympic Studios in Barnes to close?!

FireOpal

I'm hearing this distressing rumour - anyone here know if it's true?

"EMI has decided the world-famous Olympic Studios in London is not worth keeping, so is closing it down at Christmas" - full article here: http://www.bravewords.com/news/102762

Here's hoping someone can step in to buy it... maybe The Stones or The Dark Lord himself.

I've just heard it on BBC News Radio now, with the interesting (to me) detail that U2 is recording there now. Cripes, if I lived in England I'd be sorely tempted to be a full-time rock star stalker :) Whilst keeping a respectful distance, of course.

I've just heard it on BBC News Radio now, with the interesting (to me) detail that U2 is recording there now. Cripes, if I lived in England I'd be sorely tempted to be a full-time rock star stalker :) Whilst keeping a respectful distance, of course.

U2 just wrapped up their new cd at Olympic over the last week or so. It's due in March. There's actually a video of them playing the Greg Lake holiday song "Father Christmas" there from a couple of weeks ago. I think it's only accessible to fan club members, although it may surface elsewhere.

U2 just wrapped up their new cd at Olympic over the last week or so. It's due in March. There's actually a video of them playing the Greg Lake holiday song "Father Christmas" there from a couple of weeks ago. I think it's only accessible to fan club members, although it may surface elsewhere.

I hope that surfaces elsewhere. I'd love to hear it. I'm pretty excited to hear U2s new cd as well. I understand some of it was recorded in Morocco :D

I hope that surfaces elsewhere. I'd love to hear it. I'm pretty excited to hear U2s new cd as well. I understand some of it was recorded in Morocco :D

They recorded it in Fez, L.A., NYC and London. The "Father Christmas" video is part of a new digital music magazine service that the band is helping to launch. It's called (Red) Wire. I think they do free trial subscriptions, so you may be able to see it there. We'll probably hear a new single from the new cd rather shortly. It's called "No Line On The Horizon". That's what I've been hearing and seeing online.

They recorded it in Fez, L.A., NYC and London. The "Father Christmas" video is part of a new digital music magazine service that the band is helping to launch. It's called (Red) Wire. I think they do free trial subscriptions, so you may be able to see it there. We'll probably hear a new single from the new cd rather shortly. It's called "No Line On The Horizon". That's what I've been hearing and seeing online.

Very cool - thanks!

I'm hearing this distressing rumour - anyone here know if it's true?

"EMI has decided the world-famous Olympic Studios in London is not worth keeping, so is closing it down at Christmas" - full article here: http://www.bravewords.com/news/102762

Here's hoping someone can step in to buy it... maybe The Stones or The Dark Lord himself.

Well, it's seems that Jimmy is sad about it, but Ross only offers this one line: "We also agreed how sad it is that Olympic Studios in Barnes is closing."

Here's the link, under January 6:

http://www.rosshalfin.com/diary/january-20...anuary-2009.php

Mmm..thank you for refering to him as the "Dark Lord himself." That puts nice thoughts in my head... :wub::lol:

• 4 weeks later...

Archived